IE8 hangs and CPU at 50%.

Erik

IE8 hangs and CPU at 50%.
Hi,

I've got a problem with IE8 on a Dell D830 laptop with Vista SP1.

When I visit the MS Business Solutions newsgroups and do a search, my IE
stops responding and the IE process is constantly at 50% CPU utilisation.
This only happens when doing a search. So browsing the newsgroups works just
fine.

The link:
http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssol...ang=en&cr =US

I've allready tried several things:
- Boot in to safe mode (with network), the issue does not occur. --> The
search works fine.
- Booted with a minimum of services (only network) and no startup items
using MSConfig. --> IE still stops responding.
- Done a sfc /scannow. --> IE still stops responding.
- Reset Internet Explorer settings --> IE still stops responding.

I've not experienced it on another website. Doing a search on this
newsgroup, works just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Erik

Donald Anadell

Re: IE8 hangs and CPU at 50%.

"Erik" <Erik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've got a problem with IE8 on a Dell D830 laptop with Vista SP1.
>
> When I visit the MS Business Solutions newsgroups and do a search, my IE
> stops responding and the IE process is constantly at 50% CPU utilisation.
> This only happens when doing a search. So browsing the newsgroups works
> just
> fine.
>
> The link:
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssol...ang=en&cr =US
>
> I've allready tried several things:
> - Boot in to safe mode (with network), the issue does not occur. --> The
> search works fine.
> - Booted with a minimum of services (only network) and no startup items
> using MSConfig. --> IE still stops responding.
> - Done a sfc /scannow. --> IE still stops responding.
> - Reset Internet Explorer settings --> IE still stops responding.
>
> I've not experienced it on another website. Doing a search on this
> newsgroup, works just fine.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can not reproduce your problem here. Have you tried troubleshooting your
Add-ons? I don't see that listed in the Troubleshooting steps you've taken
to date.

See:

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Regards,
>
> Erik

Erik

Re: IE8 hangs and CPU at 50%.
Thanx for your response.

I also cannot reproduce the problem on another pc.

I did troubleshoot the add-ons by starting IE8 with the 'Browse Without
Add-ons' and also disabled the 'Enable third-party browser extensions' on the
Advanced tab in the internet options. This does not solve the issue.

Regards,

Erik

> Thanx for your response.
>
> I also cannot reproduce the problem on another pc.
>
> I did troubleshoot the add-ons by starting IE8 with the 'Browse Without
> Add-ons' and also disabled the 'Enable third-party browser extensions' on
> the
> Advanced tab in the internet options. This does not solve the issue.

And if you Uninstall IE8 and revert to IE7 does the problem persist:
Uninstalling IE8:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700/

If not, then try re-installing IE8 using the manual installer. Save the
Installer to your desktop and run it from there.

Re-Install IE8 manually:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...ide-sites.aspx

If no joy, then try the IE8 installation Troubleshooting site:

Troubleshooting IE8 Installation:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949220

If still no joy, then contact customer support.

Free customer support for Internet Explorer 8 installation is available via
phone until December 31, 2009.
Note: You must be running Windows XP or Windows Vista in a non-domain
environment.
US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020
Other locales: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043

Good luck,