IE8 and scrolling of email message

compusailor

IE8 and scrolling of email message
I have recently updated to IE8 from IE7. Now, I can not scroll my email
message. There is no response from the scrollbar on the right. If the
message is a medium to long length, I can't read it on my screen, but must
print it out. IT Dept, says it is an IE8 glitch and nothing they can do.
Can anyone help with this?

Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 and scrolling of email message
Are you going to tell us what program you use to read email?

What version of Windows you are using (with service pack)?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

compusailor wrote:
> I have recently updated to IE8 from IE7. Now, I can not scroll my email
> message. There is no response from the scrollbar on the right. If the
> message is a medium to long length, I can't read it on my screen, but must
> print it out. IT Dept, says it is an IE8 glitch and nothing they can do.
> Can anyone help with this?

compusailor

Re: IE8 and scrolling of email message
Thanks for your reply. I appologize for lack of expertise in this area.
Windows XP Prof 2002 Service Pack 3

My email is run on Internet Explorer, through our school's system.
Mirapoint Co is associated with it, but I don't know if this is just the
security provider for the system or the email system itself.

Craig

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Are you going to tell us what program you use to read email?
>
> What version of Windows you are using (with service pack)?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> compusailor wrote:
> > I have recently updated to IE8 from IE7. Now, I can not scroll my email
> > message. There is no response from the scrollbar on the right. If the
> > message is a medium to long length, I can't read it on my screen, but must
> > print it out. IT Dept, says it is an IE8 glitch and nothing they can do.
> > Can anyone help with this?

Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 and scrolling of email message
Internet Explorer is not an email program - it's a web browser.

If you're using an email program to send and receive email - Microsoft
Outlook is an example - you need to contact the support for that
program. (There are newsgroups for Microsoft Outlook.)

If you are using an online service to send and receive email - Gmail and
Yahoo! Mail are examples - you need to contact the support for that web
service.

Some additional advice: If someone tells you that a certain problem you
are having is "an IE8 glitch" you have to ask them for a more specific
explanation. "IE 8 glitch" is too vague for anyone to provide an
accurate solution.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est