Changing Font Size - IE8

MikePeterson

Changing Font Size - IE8
Internet Explorer 8. All my fonts are very small. I go to the Page Button and
Click, On click on Text Size, I then click on a text size from the choices
and although the button goes to the size I select, nothing happens on the web
page no matter what size I choose. How do I get that to work. Ever since
installing IE8 my web page font sizes have been way too small and all
suggestions at this forum haven't helped yet.
Don Varnau

Re: Changing Font Size - IE8
Hi,
Two suggestions:
1. Internet Options> General> Accessibility, check "Ignore font sizes
specified on webpages." Changing text size should now work.
2. Use the zoom feature (right end of the Status Bar.) On my widescreen
monitor, with a native resolution of 1360 x 768, a zoom of 125% works better
than changing text size. Note: IE8 may not remember a custom zoom (110%,
115%, etc.) but it will, for me, remember 125%.
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"MikePeterson" <MikePeterson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Internet Explorer 8. All my fonts are very small. I go to the Page Button

and
> Click, On click on Text Size, I then click on a text size from the choices
> and although the button goes to the size I select, nothing happens on the

web
> page no matter what size I choose. How do I get that to work. Ever since
> installing IE8 my web page font sizes have been way too small and all
> suggestions at this forum haven't helped yet.

MikePeterson

Re: Changing Font Size - IE8
Thank you Don. I can now change the text size in the Page drop down. I will
experiment with the zoom %. Thanks again.
Mike

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Two suggestions:
> 1. Internet Options> General> Accessibility, check "Ignore font sizes
> specified on webpages." Changing text size should now work.
> 2. Use the zoom feature (right end of the Status Bar.) On my widescreen
> monitor, with a native resolution of 1360 x 768, a zoom of 125% works better
> than changing text size. Note: IE8 may not remember a custom zoom (110%,
> 115%, etc.) but it will, for me, remember 125%.
> -
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "MikePeterson" <MikePeterson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Internet Explorer 8. All my fonts are very small. I go to the Page Button

> and
> > Click, On click on Text Size, I then click on a text size from the choices
> > and although the button goes to the size I select, nothing happens on the

> web
> > page no matter what size I choose. How do I get that to work. Ever since
> > installing IE8 my web page font sizes have been way too small and all
> > suggestions at this forum haven't helped yet.

Don Varnau

Re: Changing Font Size - IE8
You're welcome.

Don

> Thank you Don. I can now change the text size in the Page drop down. I

will
> experiment with the zoom %. Thanks again.
> Mike

> "Don Varnau" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Two suggestions:
> > 1. Internet Options> General> Accessibility, check "Ignore font sizes
> > specified on webpages." Changing text size should now work.
> > 2. Use the zoom feature (right end of the Status Bar.) On my widescreen
> > monitor, with a native resolution of 1360 x 768, a zoom of 125% works

better
> > than changing text size. Note: IE8 may not remember a custom zoom (110%,
> > 115%, etc.) but it will, for me, remember 125%.

> > "MikePeterson" <MikePeterson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Internet Explorer 8. All my fonts are very small. I go to the Page

Button
> > and
> > > Click, On click on Text Size, I then click on a text size from the

choices
> > > and although the button goes to the size I select, nothing happens on

the
> > web
> > > page no matter what size I choose. How do I get that to work. Ever

since
> > > installing IE8 my web page font sizes have been way too small and all
> > > suggestions at this forum haven't helped yet.

MikePeterson

Re: Changing Font Size - IE8
Don,
fyi - I set 'custom' at 112% and it is holding through numerous IE
open/closes and reboots. Thanks again.
Mike