I have Windows Vista Home Premium. Problems with IE8

Siva

I have Windows Vista Home Premium. Problems with IE8
I recently bought a new laptop with Windows Vista. I setup automatic updates
for windows and it installled IE8. There are major bugs in this browser with
attachments. I was wondering why is Microsoft pushing this upgrade as an
automatic upgrade before resolving these major issues. I see many people
complaining about bugs related to attachments since Mar 2009 in IE8. I am
afraid to uninstall IE8 as it might render my laptop useless for a while. I
think it is very irresponsible from Microsoft to push such a software to all
customers through automatic updates. Please fix the bugs and provide an
update.
Don Varnau

Re: I have Windows Vista Home Premium. Problems with IE8
Hi,
To what "attachments" are you referring? Attachments to e-mails? A small
number of users seem to be having problems with Outlook and IE8- not, by any
means, all users.

If you disable third-part antivirus/antispyware programs while installing
IE8, you will probably be one of the many users for whom IE8 is nearly
trouble free.

IEBlog IE7 Installation and Anti-Malware Applications:

957700- How to uninstall Internet Explorer 8:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700/

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Siva" <Siva @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently bought a new laptop with Windows Vista. I setup automatic

updates
> for windows and it installled IE8. There are major bugs in this browser

with
> attachments. I was wondering why is Microsoft pushing this upgrade as an
> automatic upgrade before resolving these major issues. I see many people
> complaining about bugs related to attachments since Mar 2009 in IE8. I am
> afraid to uninstall IE8 as it might render my laptop useless for a while.

> think it is very irresponsible from Microsoft to push such a software to

all
> customers through automatic updates. Please fix the bugs and provide an
> update.

Re: I have Windows Vista Home Premium. Problems with IE8
Is the computer fully patched at Windows Update yet? If KB972260 is
installed, you should not be encountering the "cannot open attachments" bug
to which you refer.
www.banthecheck.com