Links Opening Document Folder

HankL

Links Opening Document Folder
Each time I select a www link in an e-mail it opens up My Document folder.
How can I get it to open up the link?

Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions,

HankL

Re: Links Opening Document Folder
Is this your Vista computer and is IE8 installed?

HankL wrote:
> Each time I select a www link in an e-mail it opens up My Document folder.
> How can I get it to open up the link?

Robert Aldwinckle

"HankL" <hlaskin@bendbroadband.com> wrote in message news:OJhDB$UHKHA.4864@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Each time I select a www link in an e-mail it opens up My Document folder.

> How can I get it to open up the link?

Right-click, Copy Shortcut, then paste into an IE Address bar?

> Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions,
>
> HankL

HankL

Re: Links Opening Document Folder
Yes, it is VISTA AND I DO HAVE I.E. 8
> Is this your Vista computer and is IE8 installed?
>
> HankL wrote:
>> Each time I select a www link in an e-mail it opens up My Document
>> folder.
>> How can I get it to open up the link?

Re: Links Opening Document Folder
Is IE configured as the default browser?

HankL wrote:
> Yes, it is VISTA AND I DO HAVE I.E. 8
>
>> Is this your Vista computer and is IE8 installed?
>>
>> HankL wrote:
>>> Each time I select a www link in an e-mail it opens up My Document
>>> folder. How can I get it to open up the link?

HankL

Re: Links Opening Document Folder
YES IT IS CONFIGURED AS THE DEFAULT BROWSER

> Is IE configured as the default browser?
>
> HankL wrote:
>> Yes, it is VISTA AND I DO HAVE I.E. 8
>>
>>> Is this your Vista computer and is IE8 installed?

Re: Links Opening Document Folder
Hank, I see that this isn't your first go round with such problems nor is
this the first time I've attempted to help you:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...coring=d&hl=en

Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES) and
reboot?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
it)?
www.banthecheck.com