IE7 - Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site

Kamlesh

IE7 - Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site
Hey Guys,

Since couple of days, when I am trying www.google.com, after loading the
Google home page, I get the following error:

---------------------------
Windows Internet Explorer
---------------------------
Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://www.google.com/.

Operation aborted

---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

After I click OK, the page disappears and I am shown the "Internet Explorer
cannot display the webpage" page. When I expland More Information, I see the
below details:

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's
domain.
If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options,
click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled
under the security section.

I have seen this problem being reported earlier, but most of the websites
mentioned about Adwares/javascript issues. I am posting this problem again
now because this problem is coming from www.google.com, which I believe does
not have any scripts/Adwares.

FYI - When tried the same in Firefox, I don't get any issues.

I am using Win XP SP3 - IE 7.0.5730.13.

I tried clearing complete cache/history, but this problem is happening
randomly. Can someone provide a solution to this problem?

Regards,
Kamlesh

Leonard Grey

Re: IE7 - Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site
"You receive an error message in Internet Explorer: "Internet Explorer
cannot display the webpage""
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196
---
Leonard Grey