Facebook Boxes and IE v8.0

Tom

Facebook Boxes and IE v8.0
I am having problems with IE v8.0 and Facebook. Especially when I want to
move and reposition movable items/posts in my Boxes tab. As soon as I select
a box to move/reposition, ghost images of the box appear and "all hell breaks
loose." Meaning, I can't reposition anything and often have to exit the tab.

I cannot take a snapshot of the Facebook screen in question -- believe me,
I've tried. Firefox, on the other hand, does not have this problem. I hope
somebody can explain and/or suggest a fix for this weird and unacceptable
behavior. You can try to reproduce the error/bug by logging into your own
Facebook account (using IE v8.0, perferably) and repeat the sequence of
events described above.

Sincerely,

Tom
tja790

RE: Facebook Boxes and IE v8.0
I just wanted to add that both Chrome and Safari work flawlessly. It seems
like only Internet Explorer (I'm using v8.0) is having a problem with moving
and/or repositioning movable, Facebook Box posts.

"Tom" wrote:

> I am having problems with IE v8.0 and Facebook. Especially when I want to
> move and reposition movable items/posts in my Boxes tab. As soon as I select
> a box to move/reposition, ghost images of the box appear and "all hell breaks
> loose." Meaning, I can't reposition anything and often have to exit the tab.
>
> I cannot take a snapshot of the Facebook screen in question -- believe me,
> I've tried. Firefox, on the other hand, does not have this problem. I hope
> somebody can explain and/or suggest a fix for this weird and unacceptable
> behavior. You can try to reproduce the error/bug by logging into your own
> Facebook account (using IE v8.0, perferably) and repeat the sequence of
> events described above.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Tom

MHL

Re: Facebook Boxes and IE v8.0
Holy crap! This is messed up!!! Major Bug!! Microsoft needs this reported.
Have you reported it to them on their online support? Go to Help in IE and
Michael

Windows 7 RC
IE 8
Windows Live Mail 2009 (latest)
Office 2007 (latest)

"Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am having problems with IE v8.0 and Facebook. Especially when I want to
> move and reposition movable items/posts in my Boxes tab. As soon as I
> select
> a box to move/reposition, ghost images of the box appear and "all hell
> breaks
> loose." Meaning, I can't reposition anything and often have to exit the
> tab.
>
> I cannot take a snapshot of the Facebook screen in question -- believe me,
> I've tried. Firefox, on the other hand, does not have this problem. I
> hope
> somebody can explain and/or suggest a fix for this weird and unacceptable
> behavior. You can try to reproduce the error/bug by logging into your own
> Facebook account (using IE v8.0, perferably) and repeat the sequence of
> events described above.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Tom

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Facebook Boxes and IE v8.0

"Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CF3CACA-A28E-481E-A072-512BC00C58C6@microsoft.com...
>I am having problems with IE v8.0 and Facebook. Especially when I want to
> move and reposition movable items/posts in my Boxes tab. As soon as I select
> a box to move/reposition, ghost images of the box appear and "all hell breaks
> loose." Meaning, I can't reposition anything and often have to exit the tab.
>
> I cannot take a snapshot of the Facebook screen in question -- believe me,
> I've tried. Firefox, on the other hand, does not have this problem. I hope
> somebody can explain and/or suggest a fix for this weird and unacceptable
> behavior.

Does your symptom change if you try to use Compatibility mode?

---

> You can try to reproduce the error/bug by logging into your own
> Facebook account (using IE v8.0, perferably) and repeat the sequence of
> events described above.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Tom

MHL

Re: Facebook Boxes and IE v8.0
This problem is so bad it really doesn't matter. It should be reported by
the poster ASAP.