Bad Web Page Render in IE7

Steve Shearer

Bad Web Page Render in IE7
Hello all, I just finished posting about how I wish Microsoft could advise me
of a hack - or a fix for this website that I'm currently designing. After I
posted, I realized that it would be good to display screen shots of what this
website looks like in IE7 compared to Firefox. So I uploaded a couple for
viewing.

Web page render in IE7:
http://webdesignbysteve.com/client/C...render-IE7.jpg
Web page render in Firefox:
http://webdesignbysteve.com/client/C...Firefox3.5.jpg

Has anyone (web developers) had this problem before?
.... perplexed
Leonard Grey

Re: Bad Web Page Render in IE7
Because of significant code and feature changes in Internet Explorer 8,
web pages that were developed for previous versions of Internet
Explorer, or with proprietary HTML or scripting extensions or hacks,
might not function the same way in Internet Explorer 8. Web developers
need to test their web pages to identify compatibility issues with
Internet Explorer 8, and redesign web pages that do not function properly.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Steve Shearer wrote:
> Hello all, I just finished posting about how I wish Microsoft could advise me
> of a hack - or a fix for this website that I'm currently designing. After I
> posted, I realized that it would be good to display screen shots of what this
> website looks like in IE7 compared to Firefox. So I uploaded a couple for
> viewing.
>
> Web page render in IE7:
> http://webdesignbysteve.com/client/C...render-IE7.jpg
> Web page render in Firefox:
> http://webdesignbysteve.com/client/C...Firefox3.5.jpg
>
> Has anyone (web developers) had this problem before?
> ... perplexed

Tom

Re: Bad Web Page Render in IE7
Dear Leonard (and Steve),

Shouldn't Internet Explorer's Compatibility View fix problems like this? I
know the answer to that: Yes -- In a perfect world. In the real world,
however, more often than not, Compatibility View makes no difference,
whatsoever.

Should Internet standards conform to Microsoft; or should Microsoft conform
to Internet standards? At the very least, Compatibilty View should do what
it's supposed to do. I have a similar problem with IE v8.0 and
moving/repositioning Facebook Boxes (which I posted to this group).
Compatibility View did nothing to improve the situation.

Sincerely,

Tom