Feedback for design failures in IE

Steve Shearer

Feedback for design failures in IE
I am a web designer & can usually find a hack for IE so that my client's
websites will display the same in Internet Explorer as it so easily does in
every other browser. And every time prior to this, I have.

The website I'm working at present has images that are all broken up in IE,
but looks very good in other browsers. See for yourself - I just might leave
this there as an example: http://www.clarassauces.com/new/hot-sauces.html.
Maybe this page displays OK in IE8 - I don't know - but it MUST render in IE7
because of the popularity of this faulty browser.

I've been all over the internet trying to find a solution for my damaged
display. Many searches, talking to other designers, posts in forums, and
still no relief for this. And I DO NOT want to compromise this design just
for IE.

There's something amiss about this - really. It's a shame that such a big
company as Microsoft cannot fix their browser to display as well as everybody
else's does. And the fall-back goes to small company design firms.

What would be nice is to be able to contact a tech at Microsoft who could
lead me to as solution. Does anyone out there know who I can contact for
this? Is such a service available? If not, it sure should be.

Frustrated Web Designer,
Steve Shearer http://webdesignbysteve.com

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Re: Feedback for design failures in IE
IE Developer Center
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx

Learn IE8
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740473.aspx

HTML and DHTML Overviews and Tutorials
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537623.aspx and

Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740476.aspx

Or you could post here instead:

MSDN IE Development Forums
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/for...iedevelopment/

Steve Shearer wrote:
> I am a web designer & can usually find a hack for IE so that my client's
> websites will display the same in Internet Explorer as it so easily does
> in
> every other browser. And every time prior to this, I have.
>
> The website I'm working at present has images that are all broken up in
> IE,
> but looks very good in other browsers. See for yourself - I just might
> leave
> this there as an example: http://www.clarassauces.com/new/hot-sauces.html.
> Maybe this page displays OK in IE8 - I don't know - but it MUST render in
> IE7 because of the popularity of this faulty browser.
>
> I've been all over the internet trying to find a solution for my damaged
> display. Many searches, talking to other designers, posts in forums, and
> still no relief for this. And I DO NOT want to compromise this design just
> for IE.
>
> There's something amiss about this - really. It's a shame that such a big
> company as Microsoft cannot fix their browser to display as well as
> everybody else's does. And the fall-back goes to small company design
> firms.
>
> What would be nice is to be able to contact a tech at Microsoft who could
> lead me to as solution. Does anyone out there know who I can contact for
> this? Is such a service available? If not, it sure should be.
>
> Frustrated Web Designer,
> Steve Shearer http://webdesignbysteve.com
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Donald Anadell

"Steve Shearer" <Steve Shearer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am a web designer & can usually find a hack for IE so that my client's
> websites will display the same in Internet Explorer as it so easily does
> in
> every other browser. And every time prior to this, I have.

You apprently have not tested you site with IE6 either, you do realize that
your PNG images have no Transparency when viewed with IE6 don't you?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294714

The website renders resonably well in IE8, but you have a ways to go to make
it render well in IE6||IE7.

Since this is not an IE Developement newsgroup, see the post made by PA Bear
for links to relative groups for posting such questions.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell