Colors in Web Pages

JamesJ

Colors in Web Pages
I'm having much difficulty reading text on many web sites.The background is
white and the text is a light blue. This isn't any particular web site... it
is many.
I have tried checking 'Use Windows colors' but it it didn't seem to change
anything at all.
Any idea how I can get web pages to read more legibly??

Thanks,
James

FrankV

Re: Colors in Web Pages
Glad to know someone else is having this problem also. I was afraid it was
something to do with my computer. I have xp sp3 with ie8.0.6001.18702IC and
all updates.

I haven't an answer yet but will let you know if I find something.

Frank

"JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
> I'm having much difficulty reading text on many web sites.The background
> is
> white and the text is a light blue. This isn't any particular web site...
> it is many.
> I have tried checking 'Use Windows colors' but it it didn't seem to
> change
> anything at all.
> Any idea how I can get web pages to read more legibly??
>
> Thanks,
> James

Don Varnau

Re: Colors in Web Pages
Hi,
Try this key combo (left) Alt + (left) Shift + Print Screen

This will disable High Contrast if you inadvertently turned it on.

More:
Control Panel> Accessibility Options> Display. Make sure that High Contrast
is not checked. Also click on Settings and uncheck Use Shortcut. That will
disable the Alt+Shift+Print Screen shortcut to High Contrast.
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
> I'm having much difficulty reading text on many web sites.The background

is
> white and the text is a light blue. This isn't any particular web site...

it
> is many.
> I have tried checking 'Use Windows colors' but it it didn't seem to

change
> anything at all.
> Any idea how I can get web pages to read more legibly??
>
> Thanks,
> James

JamesJ

Re: Colors in Web Pages
I thought my eysight was getting bad.
I also have this problem with some elements in the Vista operating system.

James

"FrankV" <vze32975@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Glad to know someone else is having this problem also. I was afraid it was
> something to do with my computer. I have xp sp3 with ie8.0.6001.18702IC
> and all updates.
>
> I haven't an answer yet but will let you know if I find something.
>
> Frank
>
> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>> I'm having much difficulty reading text on many web sites.The background
>> is
>> white and the text is a light blue. This isn't any particular web site...
>> it is many.
>> I have tried checking 'Use Windows colors' but it it didn't seem to
>> change
>> anything at all.
>> Any idea how I can get web pages to read more legibly??
>>
>> Thanks,
>> James

JamesJ

Re: Colors in Web Pages
Why disable high contrast?? High contrast actually makes it
easier to read text. Although, I hate the high contrast interface. I'm
trying to find a way to see the text easier.

James

> Hi,
> Try this key combo (left) Alt + (left) Shift + Print Screen
>
> This will disable High Contrast if you inadvertently turned it on.
>
> More:
> Control Panel> Accessibility Options> Display. Make sure that High
> Contrast
> is not checked. Also click on Settings and uncheck Use Shortcut. That will
> disable the Alt+Shift+Print Screen shortcut to High Contrast.
> -
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>> I'm having much difficulty reading text on many web sites.The background

> is
>> white and the text is a light blue. This isn't any particular web site...

> it
>> is many.
>> I have tried checking 'Use Windows colors' but it it didn't seem to

> change
>> anything at all.
>> Any idea how I can get web pages to read more legibly??
>>
>> Thanks,
>> James

Don Varnau

Re: Colors in Web Pages
High contrast mode can lead to strange displays. I thought you may have
enabled it inadvertently.

Instead of "Use Windows colors" in Internet Options> General> Colors, try
black text with white background. If you stay with "Use Windows colors" try
a different theme. Right-click the desktop> Personalize> Windows color and
appearance, try Standard or Classic or one of the High Contrast themes.

It may help to go to Internet Options> General> Accessibility and check
Ignore colors, Ignore font styles and Ignore font sizes on webp[ages.
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

> Why disable high contrast?? High contrast actually makes it
> easier to read text. Although, I hate the high contrast interface. I'm
> trying to find a way to see the text easier.
>
> James

> > Hi,
> > Try this key combo (left) Alt + (left) Shift + Print Screen
> >
> > This will disable High Contrast if you inadvertently turned it on.
> >
> > More:
> > Control Panel> Accessibility Options> Display. Make sure that High
> > Contrast
> > is not checked. Also click on Settings and uncheck Use Shortcut. That

will
> > disable the Alt+Shift+Print Screen shortcut to High Contrast.

> > "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
> >> I'm having much difficulty reading text on many web sites.The

background
> > is
> >> white and the text is a light blue. This isn't any particular web

site...
> > it is many.
> >> I have tried checking 'Use Windows colors' but it it didn't seem to

> > change
> >> anything at all.
> >> Any idea how I can get web pages to read more legibly??
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> James

JamesJ

Re: Colors in Web Pages
I checked the 'Ignore colors' and it made a very big improvement!

Thanks much,
James