IE v.8 doesn't know about latest Flash Player

Timothy Daniels

IE v.8 doesn't know about latest Flash Player
At startup today, an announcement said that an update to the
Adobe Flash Player was available. I clicked it to go ahead,
and Flash updated to version 10.0.32.18 - as reported
by the test page at www.Adobe.com/shockwave/welcome
when using the latest Firefox and Opera browsers. But
IE, v.8, shows version 10.0.22,87 at that same test page.
How can I tell IE where to find the latest Flash Player?

*TimDaniels*

Re: IE v.8 doesn't know about latest Flash Player
Contact Adobe Support (after rebooting).

Timothy Daniels wrote:
> At startup today, an announcement said that an update to the
> Adobe Flash Player was available. I clicked it to go ahead,
> and Flash updated to version 10.0.32.18 - as reported
> by the test page at www.Adobe.com/shockwave/welcome
> when using the latest Firefox and Opera browsers. But
> IE, v.8, shows version 10.0.22,87 at that same test page.
> How can I tell IE where to find the latest Flash Player?
>
> *TimDaniels*

Leonard Grey

Re: IE v.8 doesn't know about latest Flash Player
Go to the Flash download page with Internet Explorer.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Timothy Daniels wrote:
> At startup today, an announcement said that an update to the
> Adobe Flash Player was available. I clicked it to go ahead,
> and Flash updated to version 10.0.32.18 - as reported
> by the test page at www.Adobe.com/shockwave/welcome
> when using the latest Firefox and Opera browsers. But
> IE, v.8, shows version 10.0.22,87 at that same test page.
> How can I tell IE where to find the latest Flash Player?
>
> *TimDaniels*

Timothy Daniels

Re: IE v.8 doesn't know about latest Flash Player
Is there no way, then, to tell IE where in the local system
to find the same Flash Player that both Firefox and Opera
use? Firefox and Opera did not download the update, yet
they know where the latest version is. Why can't IE find
that same version?

*TimDaniels*

"Leonard Grey" wrote:
> Go to the Flash download page with Internet Explorer.
>
> Timothy Daniels wrote:
>> At startup today, an announcement said that an update to the
>> Adobe Flash Player was available. I clicked it to go ahead,
>> and Flash updated to version 10.0.32.18 - as reported
>> by the test page at www.Adobe.com/shockwave/welcome
>> when using the latest Firefox and Opera browsers. But
>> IE, v.8, shows version 10.0.22,87 at that same test page.
>> How can I tell IE where to find the latest Flash Player?

Timothy Daniels

Re: IE v.8 doesn't know about latest Flash Player
I tried restarting, but IE remains ignorant of the updated
Flash Player, while Firefox and Opera have been able to
see it since it was updated. Why can't IE do the same?

*TimDaniels*

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> Contact Adobe Support (after rebooting).
>
> Timothy Daniels wrote:
>> At startup today, an announcement said that an update to the
>> Adobe Flash Player was available. I clicked it to go ahead,
>> and Flash updated to version 10.0.32.18 - as reported
>> by the test page at www.Adobe.com/shockwave/welcome
>> when using the latest Firefox and Opera browsers. But
>> IE, v.8, shows version 10.0.22,87 at that same test page.
>> How can I tell IE where to find the latest Flash Player?
>>
>> *TimDaniels*

Leonard Grey

Re: IE v.8 doesn't know about latest Flash Player
IE uses a different version of the Flash player than does Firefox. When
you arrive at the Flash download page with Firefox, you're not going to
get the Internet Explorer version.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Timothy Daniels wrote:
> I tried restarting, but IE remains ignorant of the updated
> Flash Player, while Firefox and Opera have been able to
> see it since it was updated. Why can't IE do the same?
>
> *TimDaniels*
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Contact Adobe Support (after rebooting).
>>
>> Timothy Daniels wrote:
>>> At startup today, an announcement said that an update to the
>>> Adobe Flash Player was available. I clicked it to go ahead,
>>> and Flash updated to version 10.0.32.18 - as reported
>>> by the test page at www.Adobe.com/shockwave/welcome
>>> when using the latest Firefox and Opera browsers. But
>>> IE, v.8, shows version 10.0.22,87 at that same test page.
>>> How can I tell IE where to find the latest Flash Player?
>>>
>>> *TimDaniels*

Re: IE v.8 doesn't know about latest Flash Player
See "Direct Download link for IE users" here:
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=41510

Timothy Daniels wrote:
> I tried restarting, but IE remains ignorant of the updated
> Flash Player, while Firefox and Opera have been able to
> see it since it was updated. Why can't IE do the same?
>
> *TimDaniels*
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Contact Adobe Support (after rebooting).
>>
>> Timothy Daniels wrote:
>>> At startup today, an announcement said that an update to the
>>> Adobe Flash Player was available. I clicked it to go ahead,
>>> and Flash updated to version 10.0.32.18 - as reported
>>> by the test page at www.Adobe.com/shockwave/welcome
>>> when using the latest Firefox and Opera browsers. But
>>> IE, v.8, shows version 10.0.22,87 at that same test page.
>>> How can I tell IE where to find the latest Flash Player?
>>>
>>> *TimDaniels*

Timothy Daniels

Re: IE v.8 doesn't know about latest Flash Player
Yeah, that's the bottom line - there is one version for Safari, Firefox, and
Opera, and another version for IE, and they both have to be downloaded
and installed for all browsers to have the latest version of Flash Player.
I had a hell of a time getting rid of the Google Toolbar, though. Even
though I started over several times to avoid installing it after I accidentally
downloaded it once, the Adobe installer kept finding the downloaded file
and kept starting to install it. I had to reboot the PC several times to make
it go away. These plug-ins are such a pain!

*TimDaniels*

In IE General newsgroup, Timothy Daniels wrote:
> Yeah, that's the bottom line - there is one version for Safari, Firefox,
> and
> Opera, and another version for IE, and they both have to be downloaded
> and installed for all browsers to have the latest version of Flash Player.
> I had a hell of a time getting rid of the Google Toolbar, though. Even
> though I started over several times to avoid installing it after I
> accidentally downloaded it once, the Adobe installer kept finding the
> downloaded file and kept starting to install it. I had to reboot the PC
> several times to
> make it go away. These plug-ins are such a pain!

Hey, Software "Vendors", Stop installing FLUFF with your security updates
!!!
www.banthecheck.com

Timothy Daniels

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> Timothy Daniels wrote:
>> Yeah, that's the bottom line - there is one version for Safari, Firefox,
>> and Opera, and another version for IE, and they both have to be
>> downloaded and installed for all browsers to have the latest version
>> of Flash Player. I had a hell of a time getting rid of the Google Toolbar,
>> though. Even though I started over several times to avoid installing it
>> after I accidentally downloaded it once, the Adobe installer kept
>> finding the downloaded file and kept starting to install it. I had to
>> reboot the PC several times to make it go away. These plug-ins
>> are such a pain!

> Hey, Software "Vendors", Stop installing FLUFF with your security
> updates!!!
> www.banthecheck.com

Yup, he got that right. Fluffware = Crapware. When you click the
Adobe button to download and install the Flash Player update, the button
jumps down to the bottom of the page, and if you don't look where it had
previously been, you wouldn't see the box checked to download and
install the Google Toolbar as well. It's obviously set up to fool the user
into installing the toolbar - one definition of Crapware.

*TimDaniels*

flash player stewee Introduce Yourself 0 06-21-2008 21:48
Latest updates prevent IE and Media Player from running GM microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 0 11-16-2007 06:49
flash player ntotl microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 10 09-30-2007 12:31
Flash Player Jim microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-01-2007 04:55
Flash Player =?Utf-8?B?U2FtIFN0ZWluaGF1c2Vy?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-01-2007 03:42