IExplorer.exe problems

Dennis Petticord

IExplorer.exe problems
Hello,

I'm running IE7 and keep getting an error message that Internet Explorer has
experienced a problem and has to close. When you look at the problem, it
always lists IExplorer.exe. I always send in the problem but that isn't
helping with it shutting down my work on the internet. I put IE8 on my
computer but had to take it off because it just stopped everything from
running. I would love some advice as to how I can fix Internet Explorer to
keep this error from occurring. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition, SP3.

Thanks,

Dee

Re: IExplorer.exe problems
IEXPLORER.EXE or IEXPLORE.EXE?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
it)?
www.banthecheck.com

Dennis Petticord wrote:

> I'm running IE7 and keep getting an error message that Internet Explorer
> has
> experienced a problem and has to close. When you look at the problem, it
> always lists IExplorer.exe. I always send in the problem but that isn't
> helping with it shutting down my work on the internet. I put IE8 on my
> computer but had to take it off because it just stopped everything from
> running. I would love some advice as to how I can fix Internet Explorer
> keep this error from occurring. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition, SP3.

Dennis Petticord

Re: IExplorer.exe problems
Hi,

It's IEXPLORE.EXE. I have AVG Version 8.5.406 as my anti-virus and my
subscription is current. Norton was on the computer originally but it was
removed years ago. I don't have Defender on my computer. I do have
Advanced SystemCare because I saw on TV where it would speed up my computer.
We have several computers and this one is the slowest in the way it
responds. The hardware is as good as any that we have. I was experiencing
the Internet Explorer Error problem before I put it on my computer. The
Internet Explorer Error problem has been happening for a long time but seems
to have gotten worse in the last week.

Dennis

Dennis Petticord wrote:

> I'm running IE7 and keep getting an error message that Internet Explorer
> has
> experienced a problem and has to close. When you look at the problem, it
> always lists IExplorer.exe. I always send in the problem but that isn't
> helping with it shutting down my work on the internet. I put IE8 on my
> computer but had to take it off because it just stopped everything from
> running. I would love some advice as to how I can fix Internet Explorer
> keep this error from occurring. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition, SP3.

Re: IExplorer.exe problems
> It's IEXPLORE.EXE.

I thought that might be the case.

> I have AVG Version 8.5.406 as my anti-virus and my
> subscription is current

Are you running AVG Free or paid?

> Norton was on the computer originally but it was
> removed years ago

After uninstalling the Norton application, did you download/run the Norton
Removal Tool before installing the new anti-virus application?

> ...I do have
> Advanced SystemCare because I saw on TV where it would speed up my
> computer.

And did you first install the free version, run a scan, and then it found
innumerable problems which couldn't be "fixed" until you purchased the full
version? Did you see any improvement after purchasing the full version and
having it "fix" the problems?

If you think your Registry needs to be "cleaned" or "repaired," read
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099 and draw your own conclusions.

Truth be told, the error very strongly suggests that a hijackware infection
is causing the problem and/or that Advanced SystemCare royally screwed your
computer, Dennis.

Dennis Petticord wrote:
> It's IEXPLORE.EXE. I have AVG Version 8.5.406 as my anti-virus and my
> subscription is current. Norton was on the computer originally but it was
> removed years ago. I don't have Defender on my computer. I do have
> Advanced SystemCare because I saw on TV where it would speed up my
> computer.
> We have several computers and this one is the slowest in the way it
> responds. The hardware is as good as any that we have. I was
> experiencing
> the Internet Explorer Error problem before I put it on my computer. The
> Internet Explorer Error problem has been happening for a long time but
> seems
> to have gotten worse in the last week.
> Defender)?
> What third-party firewall (if any)?
>
> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
> it)?
>
>> I'm running IE7 and keep getting an error message that Internet Explorer
>> has
>> experienced a problem and has to close. When you look at the problem, it
>> always lists IExplorer.exe. I always send in the problem but that isn't
>> helping with it shutting down my work on the internet. I put IE8 on my
>> computer but had to take it off because it just stopped everything from
>> running. I would love some advice as to how I can fix Internet Explorer
>> keep this error from occurring. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition,
>> SP3.

Dennis Petticord

Re: IExplorer.exe problems
Hi,

I'm running paid AVG and my husband wants to take it off. He thinks it's
slowing down my computer.

Yes, I ran the Norton Removal Tool before installing the new anti-virus.

I only have the free version of Advanced SystemCare. It did seem to help
speed up my computer at first but not now. I was getting the Internet
Explorer Error message before I put it on my computer. I thought it might
help that too.

How do you recommend I fix registry problems?

What is a hijackware infection and how do I get rid of it?

I'm not a computer person. My niece and her husband run a computer company
and sold me the AVG. It has anti-rootkit which is supposed to find
malicious software and remove it. I had it scan my computer the other day
and it didn't find anything. Is that the same thing as hijackware?

Dennis

Dennis Petticord wrote:
> It's IEXPLORE.EXE. I have AVG Version 8.5.406 as my anti-virus and my
> subscription is current. Norton was on the computer originally but it was
> removed years ago. I don't have Defender on my computer. I do have
> Advanced SystemCare because I saw on TV where it would speed up my
> computer.
> We have several computers and this one is the slowest in the way it
> responds. The hardware is as good as any that we have. I was
> experiencing
> the Internet Explorer Error problem before I put it on my computer. The
> Internet Explorer Error problem has been happening for a long time but
> seems
> to have gotten worse in the last week.
> Defender)?
> What third-party firewall (if any)?
>
> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
> it)?
>
>> I'm running IE7 and keep getting an error message that Internet Explorer
>> has
>> experienced a problem and has to close. When you look at the problem, it
>> always lists IExplorer.exe. I always send in the problem but that isn't
>> helping with it shutting down my work on the internet. I put IE8 on my
>> computer but had to take it off because it just stopped everything from
>> running. I would love some advice as to how I can fix Internet Explorer
>> keep this error from occurring. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition,
>> SP3.

Re: IExplorer.exe problems
There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware
infection!

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Chances are you will need to seek expert assistance in
http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php,
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 or other appropriate forums as well.**

independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA) computer repair shop (and maybe not
your niece's company).

Dennis Petticord wrote:
> [...]

>> seems
>> to have gotten worse in the last week.
>> Defender)?
>> What third-party firewall (if any)?
>>
>> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
>> bought
>> it)?
>>
>>> I'm running IE7 and keep getting an error message that Internet Explorer
>>> has
>>> experienced a problem and has to close. When you look at the problem,
>>> it
>>> always lists IExplorer.exe. I always send in the problem but that isn't
>>> helping with it shutting down my work on the internet. I put IE8 on my
>>> computer but had to take it off because it just stopped everything from
>>> running. I would love some advice as to how I can fix Internet Explorer
>>> keep this error from occurring. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition,

Dennis Petticord

Re: IExplorer.exe problems

Hi,

I ran the two scan you listed below and both said I don't have any spyware
or hijackware on my computer. I'm very happy about that. Since running the
Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan, I haven't had the
iexplore.exe problem but once or twice. I don't know what it did but it
must have fixed my computer. Thank you very much for your help with my
problem. I have printed all of this so I will have it for future reference.

Dennis

Dennis Petticord wrote:
> [...]

>> seems
>> to have gotten worse in the last week.
>> Defender)?
>> What third-party firewall (if any)?
>>
>> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
>> bought
>> it)?
>>
>>> I'm running IE7 and keep getting an error message that Internet Explorer
>>> has
>>> experienced a problem and has to close. When you look at the problem,
>>> it
>>> always lists IExplorer.exe. I always send in the problem but that isn't
>>> helping with it shutting down my work on the internet. I put IE8 on my
>>> computer but had to take it off because it just stopped everything from
>>> running. I would love some advice as to how I can fix Internet Explorer
>>> keep this error from occurring. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition,

How many iexplorer.exe does it take bknight microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 5 06-06-2009 14:58
Iexplorer 8 Sergio microsoft.public.it.windows.vista 1 05-17-2009 10:08
iexplorer blijft in geheugen na afsluiten iexplorer ton microsoft.public.nl.windows.vista 10 04-11-2009 17:29
iexplorer xavwat Introduce Yourself 0 12-15-2008 04:01
Iexplorer Yacco microsoft.public.fr.windows.vista.general 17 03-11-2008 14:56