Hated Browser

EvilAunt

Hated Browser
I want to get this stupid POS browser off my computer, but there is
apparently no way to do this. It isn't in the list of programs on Control
Panel, and right clicking doesn't bring up "remove" as suggested on the MS
website. I have Vista Business SP 2, and am sooo sick of sites not
displaying, get connection problem messages, or if the site does come up
things don't work properly. How can there be no uninstall! Talk about Nazis
--
Just me
Don Varnau

Re: Hated Browser
We, unfortunately, don't know whether you hate IE7 or IE8, so...

927177- How to uninstall Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177

957700- How to uninstall Internet Explorer 8:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700/
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"EvilAunt" <EvilAunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to get this stupid POS browser off my computer, but there is
> apparently no way to do this. It isn't in the list of programs on Control
> Panel, and right clicking doesn't bring up "remove" as suggested on the MS
> website. I have Vista Business SP 2, and am sooo sick of sites not
> displaying, get connection problem messages, or if the site does come up
> things don't work properly. How can there be no uninstall! Talk about

Nazis
> - -
> Just me

VanguardLH

Re: Hated Browser
EvilAunt wrote:

> I want to get this stupid POS browser off my computer, but there is
> apparently no way to do this. It isn't in the list of programs on Control
> Panel, and right clicking doesn't bring up "remove" as suggested on the MS
> website. I have Vista Business SP 2, and am sooo sick of sites not
> displaying, get connection problem messages, or if the site does come up
> things don't work properly. How can there be no uninstall! Talk about Nazis

Are you asking us to call the police to get them to come to wherever you
are to rescue you from that thug pointing a gun at your head and forcing
you to use something you don't want to use?
EvilAunt

Re: Hated Browser
I dispise IE 8, and sorry, your suggestion didn't work. Thanks anyway.
--
Just me

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> We, unfortunately, don't know whether you hate IE7 or IE8, so...
>
> 927177- How to uninstall Internet Explorer 7:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177
>
> 957700- How to uninstall Internet Explorer 8:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700/
> -
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "EvilAunt" <EvilAunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I want to get this stupid POS browser off my computer, but there is
> > apparently no way to do this. It isn't in the list of programs on Control
> > Panel, and right clicking doesn't bring up "remove" as suggested on the MS
> > website. I have Vista Business SP 2, and am sooo sick of sites not
> > displaying, get connection problem messages, or if the site does come up
> > things don't work properly. How can there be no uninstall! Talk about

> Nazis
> > - -
> > Just me

EvilAunt

Re: Hated Browser
?
--
Just me

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> EvilAunt wrote:
>
> > I want to get this stupid POS browser off my computer, but there is
> > apparently no way to do this. It isn't in the list of programs on Control
> > Panel, and right clicking doesn't bring up "remove" as suggested on the MS
> > website. I have Vista Business SP 2, and am sooo sick of sites not
> > displaying, get connection problem messages, or if the site does come up
> > things don't work properly. How can there be no uninstall! Talk about Nazis

> Are you asking us to call the police to get them to come to wherever you
> are to rescue you from that thug pointing a gun at your head and forcing
> you to use something you don't want to use?

C A Upsdell

Re: Hated Browser
EvilAunt wrote:
> I want to get this stupid POS browser off my computer, but there is
> apparently no way to do this. It isn't in the list of programs on Control
> Panel, and right clicking doesn't bring up "remove" as suggested on the MS
> website. I have Vista Business SP 2, and am sooo sick of sites not
> displaying, get connection problem messages, or if the site does come up
> things don't work properly. How can there be no uninstall! Talk about Nazis

There is a good chance that, if IE appears to be giving you a lot of
troubles, IE is not the culprit. The kinds of problems you cite can be
caused by an unstable O/S, old drivers, add-ons, malware, etc.

Also, you don't have to remove IE to stop using it. Use an alternate,
and you will only have to use IE for things like Windows Update.

Re: Hated Browser
environment.
=> US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020
=> Other locales: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043
www.banthecheck.com

EvilAunt wrote:
> I want to get this stupid POS browser off my computer, but there is
> apparently no way to do this. It isn't in the list of programs on Control
> Panel, and right clicking doesn't bring up "remove" as suggested on the MS
> website. I have Vista Business SP 2, and am sooo sick of sites not
> displaying, get connection problem messages, or if the site does come up
> things don't work properly. How can there be no uninstall! Talk about
> Nazis

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Hated Browser

"EvilAunt" <EvilAunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD38C263-A46F-4DDB-A74B-D11E50636899@microsoft.com...
>I want to get this stupid POS browser off my computer, but there is
> apparently no way to do this. It isn't in the list of programs on Control
> Panel, and right clicking doesn't bring up "remove" as suggested on the MS
> website.

> I have Vista Business SP 2, and am sooo sick of sites not
> displaying, get connection problem messages, or if the site does come up
> things don't work properly.

> How can there be no uninstall!

How? Order of install:
1. IE8
2. Vista SP2

Therefore, to uninstall:
1. Vista SP2
2. IE8

---

VanguardLH

Re: Hated Browser
EvilAunt wrote:

> ?

Whoosh. Not a clue.
EvilAunt

Re: Hated Browser
Who peed in your Purina? I asked a legit question and get a bunch of smart
ass crap for an "answer", then I'm the clueless one? Right sunshine, have a
great time being all snarky.
--
Just me