IE7 works IE8 freezes

Frank-FL

IE7 works IE8 freezes
When I try to access www.avanquest.com using IE8 it will not load
and locks the computer, (both VISTAandXP). I had to back up both
computers to IE7 in order to use this web page. I had to have it in
order to use Motorola Phone Tools. Any Ideas to help clear up this
problem.
TIA

EvilAunt

RE: IE7 works IE8 freezes
How did you go back to IE 7 with Vista, I want to go back since IE 8 is
miserable, but it's not even in the program list in control panel, and the
advice I was given on here didn't work either. Thank you.
--
Just me

"Frank-FL" wrote:

> When I try to access www.avanquest.com using IE8 it will not load
> and locks the computer, (both VISTAandXP). I had to back up both
> computers to IE7 in order to use this web page. I had to have it in
> order to use Motorola Phone Tools. Any Ideas to help clear up this
> problem.
> TIA

Leonard Grey

Re: IE7 works IE8 freezes
That URL works correctly on my copy of IE 8 (on Win XP SP 3.)

Is that the /only/ URL where you have a problem.

Do you have the same problem if you start IE in 'no add-ons' mode?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Frank-FL wrote:
> When I try to access www.avanquest.com using IE8 it will not load and
> locks the computer, (both VISTAandXP). I had to back up both computers
> to IE7 in order to use this web page. I had to have it in order to use
> Motorola Phone Tools. Any Ideas to help clear up this problem.
> TIA

Bill

Re: IE7 works IE8 freezes

"Frank-FL" <bbunny@bqik.net> wrote in message
> When I try to access www.avanquest.com using IE8 it will not load and
> locks the computer, (both VISTAandXP). I had to back up both computers to
> IE7 in order to use this web page. I had to have it in order to use
> Motorola Phone Tools. Any Ideas to help clear up this problem.
> TIA

http://www.avanquest.com/
works for me Vista HP SP 2 with I.E.8.0.6001.18803

Frank-FL

Re: IE7 works IE8 freezes
I just uninstalled the two IE8 patches then IE8.

"EvilAunt" <EvilAunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How did you go back to IE 7 with Vista, I want to go back since IE
> 8 is
> miserable, but it's not even in the program list in control panel,
> and the
> advice I was given on here didn't work either. Thank you.
> --
> Just me
>

> "Frank-FL" wrote:
>
>> When I try to access www.avanquest.com using IE8 it will not load
>> and locks the computer, (both VISTAandXP). I had to back up both
>> computers to IE7 in order to use this web page. I had to have it
>> in
>> order to use Motorola Phone Tools. Any Ideas to help clear up
>> this
>> problem.
>> TIA

Frank-FL

Re: IE7 works IE8 freezes
"Bill" <willy@home.com> wrote in message

> "Frank-FL" <bbunny@bqik.net> wrote in message
>> When I try to access www.avanquest.com using IE8 it will not load
>> and locks the computer, (both VISTAandXP). I had to back up both
>> computers to IE7 in order to use this web page. I had to have it
>> in order to use Motorola Phone Tools. Any Ideas to help clear up
>> this problem.
>> TIA

> http://www.avanquest.com/
> works for me Vista HP SP 2 with I.E.8.0.6001.18803

I have a x58so MB, i7 processor, vista ultimate 64b, and my IE shows
as 8.0.6001.1813. IE was installed using
IE8-WindowsVista-x64-ENU.exe. I used two restarts after the
install.

media_603

RE: IE7 works IE8 freezes
the I used IE7 on my computer until a recent upgrade to IE8 which rendered my
computer nothing short of useless. I am unable to download or install any
programs. I am unable to copy or paste or delete (except with back space). I
contacted a repair person who stated I most likely had corrupt files or
Registry. I have had numerous error messages. I am really sick of Microsoft
crap. I contacted Microsoft and was told the cost to help with my computer
was $59.00. Which create crap to download to other peoples computers which
causes problems and charge to undo, fix or repair the havoc you created. Why
not test this crap before you put in on the net for others to install on
their computers. It will cost me a great deal of money to get my computer
restored back to normal; but when I do I will not install anything from
Microsoft. I hope enough people get fed up and file a class action law suit
so at least we can recoup some of the money wasted repairing and restoring
our computers after the internet explorer havoc. I am a full time student and
I can't afford to have my computer down for days.
--
Hotep!

> "Bill" <willy@home.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Frank-FL" <bbunny@bqik.net> wrote in message
>>> When I try to access www.avanquest.com using IE8 it will not load and
>>> locks the computer, (both VISTAandXP). I had to back up both computers
>>> to IE7 in order to use this web page. I had to have it in order to use
>>> Motorola Phone Tools. Any Ideas to help clear up this problem.
>>> TIA

>> http://www.avanquest.com/
>> works for me Vista HP SP 2 with I.E.8.0.6001.18803

> I have a x58so MB, i7 processor, vista ultimate 64b, and my IE shows as
> 8.0.6001.1813. IE was installed using IE8-WindowsVista-x64-ENU.exe. I
> used two restarts after the install.

Mines actually 8.0.6001.18813 lol I blame old age when it suits me!