Re: IE 8 problem

IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

4b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine

5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?
www.banthecheck.com

John D99 wrote:
> When I close a tab in IE 8, it usually replaces the pages I had showing on
> the remaining tabs with some message that it did that to protect against
> bad
> add-ons or whatever.
>
> This is a home standalone computer. I don't have any bad add-ons or
> viruses.
> I use Kaspersky AV.
>
> I'm using MS XP, sp3, all updates.
>
> I've tested to see if the problem occured with IE8 running with add-ons
> disabled - the problem continued.
>
> I've tested to see if the problem occured with IE8 running with Kaspersky
> AV
> turned off - the problem continued.
>
> None of this occured before I updated from IE7.
>
> How do I fix this? I can always get the pages back up, but if it's a
> crossword or suboku. the entries are gone.
>

> Thanks

John D99

Re: IE 8 problem

> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start
> IE in No Add-ons mode:

> Add-ons; or

> Explorer (No add-ons).

As stated in my original post, I already tried that, and then tried closing
Kaspersky AV.

This problem did not occur w/ IE7, with all the same add-ons, AV, etc.

Your reply wasn't any help.

> 3. Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?
>
> 4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
> Were any of these applications running in the background when you
> installed IE8?
>
> 4b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
>
> 5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
> have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> www.banthecheck.com
>

> John D99 wrote:
>> When I close a tab in IE 8, it usually replaces the pages I had showing
>> on
>> the remaining tabs with some message that it did that to protect against
>> bad
>> add-ons or whatever.
>>
>> This is a home standalone computer. I don't have any bad add-ons or
>> viruses.
>> I use Kaspersky AV.
>>
>> I'm using MS XP, sp3, all updates.
>>
>> I've tested to see if the problem occured with IE8 running with add-ons
>> disabled - the problem continued.
>>
>> I've tested to see if the problem occured with IE8 running with Kaspersky
>> AV
>> turned off - the problem continued.
>>
>> None of this occured before I updated from IE7.
>>
>> How do I fix this? I can always get the pages back up, but if it's a
>> crossword or suboku. the entries are gone.
>>

>> Thanks

Re: IE 8 problem
And #2 through #5...?

We're ALL volunteers here. If you're dissatisfied...

environment.
=> US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020
=> Other locales: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043
www.banthecheck.com

John D99 wrote:

>> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To
>> start
>> IE in No Add-ons mode:
>>
>> => Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without
>> Add-ons; or

>> Explorer (No add-ons).

> As stated in my original post, I already tried that, and then tried
> closing
> Kaspersky AV.
>
> This problem did not occur w/ IE7, with all the same add-ons, AV, etc.
>
> Your reply wasn't any help.
>

>> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:

>> 3. Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?
>> [Careful! Only remain in Safe Mode just long enough to test!]
>>
>> 4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
>> subscription current, and is it supported in IE8? What anti-spyware
>> applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
>> Were any of these applications running in the background when you
>> installed IE8?
>>
>> 4b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
>> machine
>>
>> 5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
>> have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> www.banthecheck.com
>>

>> John D99 wrote:
>>> When I close a tab in IE 8, it usually replaces the pages I had showing
>>> on
>>> the remaining tabs with some message that it did that to protect against
>>> bad
>>> add-ons or whatever.
>>>
>>> This is a home standalone computer. I don't have any bad add-ons or
>>> viruses.
>>> I use Kaspersky AV.
>>>
>>> I'm using MS XP, sp3, all updates.
>>>
>>> I've tested to see if the problem occured with IE8 running with add-ons
>>> disabled - the problem continued.
>>>
>>> I've tested to see if the problem occured with IE8 running with
>>> Kaspersky
>>> AV
>>> turned off - the problem continued.
>>>
>>> None of this occured before I updated from IE7.
>>>
>>> How do I fix this? I can always get the pages back up, but if it's a
>>> crossword or suboku. the entries are gone.
>>>

>>> Thanks

willubeleft

Re: IE 8 problem
sorry this is no help- I have no addons but norton security 2009 - and
running xp- sifferent issue- exporer keeps locking up and i am
comstantly having to siwtch text and zoom- settings will not hold - changes
all by tis lonsome self

spyware is advanced windows care-

ptm 4 1. 6 process
gig ahalf of memory with 600 free and 3/4 80 gig hard drive free

a tip that actuall works- if you are still getting cant dispaly webpage -
tolls - internet options- advanced scroll down- under security- make sure
all protocolls are checked tls tss stc - hit ok and restart browser it
works!

oh new issue - ie iis getting real flaky- slows way down and refuses to
laod all the way- was happening on 7 as well and not just my computers -
friends in other citites as well

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start
> IE in No Add-ons mode:

> Add-ons; or

> Explorer (No add-ons).

> 3. Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?
>
> 4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
> Were any of these applications running in the background when you installed
> IE8?
>
> 4b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
>
> 5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
> have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> www.banthecheck.com
>

> John D99 wrote:
> > When I close a tab in IE 8, it usually replaces the pages I had showing on
> > the remaining tabs with some message that it did that to protect against
> > bad
> > add-ons or whatever.
> >
> > This is a home standalone computer. I don't have any bad add-ons or
> > viruses.
> > I use Kaspersky AV.
> >
> > I'm using MS XP, sp3, all updates.
> >
> > I've tested to see if the problem occured with IE8 running with add-ons
> > disabled - the problem continued.
> >
> > I've tested to see if the problem occured with IE8 running with Kaspersky
> > AV
> > turned off - the problem continued.
> >
> > None of this occured before I updated from IE7.
> >
> > How do I fix this? I can always get the pages back up, but if it's a
> > crossword or suboku. the entries are gone.
> >

> > Thanks

Re: IE 8 problem
I was replying to John D99. If that's not you, please begin a new thread
about your specific problems. State your IE version and full Windows
version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2) in your first post.
--
~PA Bear
www.banthecheck.com