IE8 Search Defaults

TL

IE8 Search Defaults
I'm running IE8 with Windows XP SP3. Lately, whenever I start IE8 either
from a short cut or email link, I get the following message:
"A program on your computer has corrupted your default search provider
setting for Internet Explorer. bing.com
Internet Explorer has reset this setting to your original search provider
Internet Explorer will now open Search Settings, where you can change this
setting or install more search providers."
When I hit the "OK" button, it opens the "View and manage your Internet
Explorer add-ons" screen. I only have Google in the list labeled as
default. I click the box that states "Prevent programs from suggesting
changes to my default search provider." Every thing else acts correctly
after that until I start IE8 the next time, when I got through the same
routine again. I reinstalled IE8 tonight, which didn't correct the issue.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, Live Mail (Build
14.0.8050.1202) now asks me for my password every time it starts also. I
have to go into accounts and enter the password, check the box that says
remember and exit. The next time I start the program, I get asked again. I
only mention it because I'm thinking they might be related problems?
Any assistance would be appreciated.
--
TL

markyt

RE: IE8 Search Defaults

"TL" wrote:

> I'm running IE8 with Windows XP SP3. Lately, whenever I start IE8 either
> from a short cut or email link, I get the following message:
> "A program on your computer has corrupted your default search provider
> setting for Internet Explorer. bing.com
> Internet Explorer has reset this setting to your original search provider
> Internet Explorer will now open Search Settings, where you can change this
> setting or install more search providers."
> When I hit the "OK" button, it opens the "View and manage your Internet
> Explorer add-ons" screen. I only have Google in the list labeled as
> default. I click the box that states "Prevent programs from suggesting
> changes to my default search provider." Every thing else acts correctly
> after that until I start IE8 the next time, when I got through the same
> routine again. I reinstalled IE8 tonight, which didn't correct the issue.
> Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, Live Mail (Build
> 14.0.8050.1202) now asks me for my password every time it starts also. I
> have to go into accounts and enter the password, check the box that says
> remember and exit. The next time I start the program, I get asked again. I
> only mention it because I'm thinking they might be related problems?
> Any assistance would be appreciated.
> --
> TL

markyt