Add printer

RENEE

Add printer
I have two printers installed on my computer. IE8 will only pick up the
default printer and does not even "see" the other one. How do I get it to
print on both? Have no problems with my 2nd printer in Word, Excel, etc.
VanguardLH

Re: Add printer
RENEE wrote:

> I have two printers installed on my computer. IE8 will only pick up the
> default printer and does not even "see" the other one. How do I get it to
> print on both? Have no problems with my 2nd printer in Word, Excel, etc.

So when you use the File -> Print menu within IE (*not* the Print
Preview menu), you don't see a Select Printer selection pane within the
Print window?
RENEE

Re: Add printer
I do see the Select Printer selection pane. When I arrow down, my 2nd
printer does not show up there.

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> RENEE wrote:
>
> > I have two printers installed on my computer. IE8 will only pick up the
> > default printer and does not even "see" the other one. How do I get it to
> > print on both? Have no problems with my 2nd printer in Word, Excel, etc.

> So when you use the File -> Print menu within IE (*not* the Print
> Preview menu), you don't see a Select Printer selection pane within the
> Print window?

VanguardLH

Re: Add printer
RENEE wrote:

> "VanguardLH" wrote:
>
>> RENEE wrote:
>>
>>> I have two printers installed on my computer. IE8 will only pick up the
>>> default printer and does not even "see" the other one. How do I get it to
>>> print on both? Have no problems with my 2nd printer in Word, Excel, etc.

>> So when you use the File -> Print menu within IE (*not* the Print
>> Preview menu), you don't see a Select Printer selection pane within the
>> Print window?

> I do see the Select Printer selection pane. When I arrow down, my 2nd
> printer does not show up there.

Arrow down? The list of available printers is shown as a horizontal row
of icons with printer names. Or do you have so many printer devices
defined (whether real, virtual, or emulated) that the list spans more
than one row?

I currently have 5 printers defined. When I open the File -> Print
dialog in IE, I see a horizontal listing of "Add Printer" followed by my
5 other printers. I see something akin to:

http://www.unisa.edu.au/helpstudents...int-dialog.gif
http://www.omh.state.ny.us/omhweb/ps...tDialog-IE.gif

As I recall, if there are more printers than can be shown withing the
width of the selector control that a scrollbar appears to move
horizontally to view them all. I thought the vertical scrollbar only
showed up if the title for the printer was long so the total height of
the icon and title required some vertical scrolling. However, getting
to the other printers required horizontal scrolling.
RENEE

Re: Add printer
Only have the two printers...

RENEE wrote:

> VanguardLH wrote:
>
>> RENEE wrote:

>>> I do see the Select Printer selection pane. When I arrow down, my 2nd
>>> printer does not show up there.

>> The list of available printers is shown as a horizontal row
>> of icons with printer names. When I open the File -> Print
>> dialog in IE, I see a horizontal listing of "Add Printer" followed by my
>> other printers.
>>
>> http://www.unisa.edu.au/helpstudents...int-dialog.gif
>> http://www.omh.state.ny.us/omhweb/ps...tDialog-IE.gif

> Only have the two printers...

Per your original post, "I have two printers installed on my computer".
You now say that your two printer are listed in the Print dialog. Pick
the one you want to use.