IE won't connect *sometimes*

Jrz

IE won't connect *sometimes*
This occurs with IE8, but I had the same problem which initially developed
with IE7.

I start the browser. The "about:blank" results in the status of "done". But if
I try to go to any URL, it hangs forever with "Waiting for...".

This also occurs for the URL of http://localhost/ Yes, I do have Apache
running locally.

However, if I close IE and then restart 1 or more times, I eventually can
connect to any URL. This problem does not exist with any other software (e.g.,
FF, Safari, TBird)

Or, sometimes it connects first time without any problem. It seems random,
from 1 to several tries.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Running Vista Home.
Jim Wood

RE: IE won't connect *sometimes*
Hey, Jrz:

Did you ever get a resolution to the situation? I and others have this
happen regularly as well.

"Jrz" wrote:

> This occurs with IE8, but I had the same problem which initially developed
> with IE7.
>
> I start the browser. The "about:blank" results in the status of "done". But if
> I try to go to any URL, it hangs forever with "Waiting for...".
>
> This also occurs for the URL of http://localhost/ Yes, I do have Apache
> running locally.
>
> However, if I close IE and then restart 1 or more times, I eventually can
> connect to any URL. This problem does not exist with any other software (e.g.,
> FF, Safari, TBird)
>
> Or, sometimes it connects first time without any problem. It seems random,
> from 1 to several tries.
>

> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Running Vista Home.

Nissi1

Re: IE won't connect *sometimes*
You are not kidding. I had to change browser since IE was getting worse. I
only use it if I must!

--

"Jrz" wrote:

> This occurs with IE8, but I had the same problem which initially developed
> with IE7.
>
> I start the browser. The "about:blank" results in the status of "done".
> But if
> I try to go to any URL, it hangs forever with "Waiting for...".
>
> This also occurs for the URL of http://localhost/ Yes, I do have Apache
> running locally.
>
> However, if I close IE and then restart 1 or more times, I eventually can
> connect to any URL. This problem does not exist with any other software
> (e.g.,
> FF, Safari, TBird)
>
> Or, sometimes it connects first time without any problem. It seems random,
> from 1 to several tries.
>

> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Running Vista Home.

Jan

Re: IE won't connect *sometimes*
The same here. I installed IE8, it didn't work satisfactoraly for me so I
uninstalled and went back to IE7 and that's when my problem started in IE7.
I have now installed Google Chrome and use that instead. I have XP SP3.