Create a Link

HankL

Create a Link
Can anyone tell me if I 'COPY' a an address in the address box of I.E and
want to paste it in an e-mail, I would like it to be pasted as a 'LINK'. It
seems as if it never a link and then I have to tell the receipent to copy
and paste. How can I make my copy a link to that web page.

-
Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions,

HankL

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Create a Link

"HankL" <hlaskin@bendbroadband.com> wrote in message news:ec2FBzpGKHA.4720@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Can anyone tell me if I 'COPY' a an address in the address box of I.E and
> want to paste it in an e-mail, I would like it to be pasted as a 'LINK'. It
> seems as if it never a link and then I have to tell the receipent to copy
> and paste.

> How can I make my copy a link to that web page.

You're using Rich Text (HTML)? Then you can use the Insert Hyperlink...
command. But you shouldn't have to do that. Use the Source tab to find
out what you are actually generating when you paste a link into your
E-mail composition. You should in fact then see two instance of it, both
associated with an anchor tag (<a>); e.g. one as the operand of an href=
which would be in its opening tag (e.g. look for <a href= followed by your
URL and then terminated by a > character) and one as the label for it
--what you want your user to see; then the closing anchor tag (</a>).

> -
> Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions,
>
> HankL

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Re: Create a Link
Paste the URL into an HTML message in Windows Mail; e.g. http://www.google.com/

NB: If your correspondents are reading your emails in Plain Text, there's nothing you can do about it.
--
Windows Mail-specific newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...ows.vista.mail

www.banthecheck.com

HankL wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if I 'COPY' a an address in the address box of I.E and
> want to paste it in an e-mail, I would like it to be pasted as a 'LINK'. It
> seems as if it never a link and then I have to tell the receipent to copy
> and paste. How can I make my copy a link to that web page.

HankL

Re: Create a Link
Whatever I either drag or copy and paste to an outgoing e-mail, when I put
my mouse on the link, which is in blue and underlined, a balloon pops up and
it say's CTRL + to follow link. It does not open that address.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. When I click on Control and hit
the + key on my keyboard in the numbers section nothing happens.

Thanks very much for your response.

Hank L
"Tom Willett" <tom@youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote in message
> It would be pasted as a link.
>
> "HankL" <hlaskin@bendbroadband.com> wrote in message
> : Can anyone tell me if I 'COPY' a an address in the address box of I.E
> and
> : want to paste it in an e-mail, I would like it to be pasted as a 'LINK'.
> It
> : seems as if it never a link and then I have to tell the receipent to
> copy
> : and paste. How can I make my copy a link to that web page.
> :
> : -
> : Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions,
> :
> : HankL
> :

Re: Create a Link
What about your copy of the message in Sent Items (i.e., after you've sent
it)?

What about a message sent to yourself?