IE 8 help please...

IE HELP!

IE 8 help please...
iexplore.exe - Application error.

The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occured in the
application at location 0x7c81eb33.

And then after clicking OK, I get this.

Runtime error 217 at 023DFD2D.

So I just got IE 8 today after updating it from IE 6. Since then I've been
getting the errors really often. Anyone know anything about this thing and
how to fix it? Thanks....
Leonard Grey

Re: IE 8 help please...
Can't guess what version of Windows you have (with service pack.)
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

IE HELP! wrote:
> iexplore.exe - Application error.
>
> The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occured in the
> application at location 0x7c81eb33.
>
> And then after clicking OK, I get this.
>
> Runtime error 217 at 023DFD2D.
>
> So I just got IE 8 today after updating it from IE 6. Since then I've been
> getting the errors really often. Anyone know anything about this thing and
> how to fix it? Thanks....

Trevor Benedict

Re: IE 8 help please...
See if Add-Ons are causing the issue

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...033.mspx#EKGAC

Regards,

Trevor Benedict

"IE HELP!" <IE HELP! @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> iexplore.exe - Application error.
>
> The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occured in the
> application at location 0x7c81eb33.
>
> And then after clicking OK, I get this.
>
> Runtime error 217 at 023DFD2D.
>
> So I just got IE 8 today after updating it from IE 6. Since then I've been
> getting the errors really often. Anyone know anything about this thing and
> how to fix it? Thanks....

IE HELP!

Re: IE 8 help please...

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Can't guess what version of Windows you have (with service pack.)
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> IE HELP! wrote:
> > iexplore.exe - Application error.
> >
> > The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occured in the
> > application at location 0x7c81eb33.
> >
> > And then after clicking OK, I get this.
> >
> > Runtime error 217 at 023DFD2D.
> >
> > So I just got IE 8 today after updating it from IE 6. Since then I've been
> > getting the errors really often. Anyone know anything about this thing and
> > how to fix it? Thanks....

iexplore.exe - Application error.

The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occured in the
application at location 0x7c81eb33.

And then after clicking OK, I get this.

Runtime error 217 at 023DFD2D.

---

I'm using Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2. That's what you want
right? Thank you!
Leonard Grey

Re: IE 8 help please...
Do you have any ideas about what might be causing your problem? If not
you'll have to perform generic troubleshooting:

Do you have the same problem when Internet Explorer is in 'no add-ons' mode?

Do you have the same problem after you reset Internet Explorer to
default settings (this will disable all your add-ons)?

Could your computer be infected with malware?

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est