toolbars

michael

toolbars
my toolbars in IE8 have suddenly changed to a black background making it
impossible to navigate. I cannot find any solution in the usual places. Any
suggestions?
--
mike
GTS

Re: toolbars
I ran into that on a customers XP machine the other day. In Display
Properties / Appearance tab changing the Windows and Buttons setting from
classic to XP style fixed it.
I don't know yet if this is a general bug in IE8 involving the classic
setting and whether it will apply to you. I'd like to know what you find.
--

"michael" <michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my toolbars in IE8 have suddenly changed to a black background making it
> impossible to navigate. I cannot find any solution in the usual places.
> Any
> suggestions?
> --
> mike

michael

Re: toolbars
Yes that has worked, many thanks. I was unaware of this adjustment so would
never have got there myself.
--
mike

"GTS" wrote:

> I ran into that on a customers XP machine the other day. In Display
> Properties / Appearance tab changing the Windows and Buttons setting from
> classic to XP style fixed it.
> I don't know yet if this is a general bug in IE8 involving the classic
> setting and whether it will apply to you. I'd like to know what you find.
> --
>
> "michael" <michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > my toolbars in IE8 have suddenly changed to a black background making it
> > impossible to navigate. I cannot find any solution in the usual places.
> > Any
> > suggestions?
> > --
> > mike

rob^_^

Re: toolbars
Hi, applies to all win versions XP and higher (even win7)

"GTS" <x@y.net> wrote in message
> I ran into that on a customers XP machine the other day. In Display
> Properties / Appearance tab changing the Windows and Buttons setting from
> classic to XP style fixed it.
> I don't know yet if this is a general bug in IE8 involving the classic
> setting and whether it will apply to you. I'd like to know what you find.
> --
>
> "michael" <michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> my toolbars in IE8 have suddenly changed to a black background making it
>> impossible to navigate. I cannot find any solution in the usual places.
>> Any
>> suggestions?
>> --
>> mike

GTS

Re: toolbars
You're welcome.
--

> Yes that has worked, many thanks. I was unaware of this adjustment so
> would
> never have got there myself.
> --
> mike
>

> "GTS" wrote:
>
>> I ran into that on a customers XP machine the other day. In Display
>> Properties / Appearance tab changing the Windows and Buttons setting from
>> classic to XP style fixed it.
>> I don't know yet if this is a general bug in IE8 involving the classic
>> setting and whether it will apply to you. I'd like to know what you
>> find.
>> --
>>
>> "michael" <michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > my toolbars in IE8 have suddenly changed to a black background making
>> > it
>> > impossible to navigate. I cannot find any solution in the usual
>> > places.
>> > Any
>> > suggestions?
>> > --
>> > mike

GTS

Re: toolbars
Thanks. That sounds familiar now that you mention it. I guess I hadn't
seen it in a while.