Find with Ctrl F, how to look to next items with key strokes fast?

Erhard Glueck

Find with Ctrl F, how to look to next items with key strokes fast?
Hello all surfers,

usually getting a new page, I go to the focus of interest
with the "Find on this page" (Ctrl F) command,

but now with IE8, how to look to all items fast with key strokes?

Thank you
Erhard

Michael H. Lewis

Re: Find with Ctrl F, how to look to next items with key strokes fast?
Shift Enter for previous, Enter for Next. The found text will also be bright
yellow on the page.
--
**********
Michael

"Erhard Glueck" <erhard _ glueck _ austria@no.spam.hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:CA9F9721-8A2E-4C40-830D-F149F2DA1D41@microsoft.com...
> Hello all surfers,
>
> usually getting a new page, I go to the focus of interest
> with the "Find on this page" (Ctrl F) command,
>
> but now with IE8, how to look to all items fast with key strokes?
>
> Thank you
> Erhard

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Find with Ctrl F, how to look to next items with key strokes fast?

"Erhard Glueck" <erhard _ glueck _ austria@no.spam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello all surfers,
>
> usually getting a new page, I go to the focus of interest
> with the "Find on this page" (Ctrl F) command,
>
> but now with IE8, how to look to all items fast with key strokes?

Have you tried pasting the word you want to find into the Find box?
Note that you can use the Address bar or the Search bar as input
areas to prepare and capture your Find strings.

I agree that that autosearch "feechur" is not helpful in most cases.
In particular finding all instances of the first character typed, especially
in a large document is not only useless but causes an absurd waste
of time in its overhead. On top of all that it unnecessarily loses your
context. The counts are a nice new feature but not being able to continue
a search from a different context is a loss in functionality that has not
been compensated for in the new UI IMO.

As far as being able to use Previous and Next buttons using keystrokes
it looks as if you can Tab to those buttons from the Find box.
Once there you can use the Cursor keys to navigate among the buttons.
Then you can press Spacebar or Enter to execute the one you select.
Notice some quirks in the UI though: Shift- lets you reverse the direction
that the next one will be found in but only when focus is in
the Find's input box and only when you are pressing Enter there;
Space when focus is in the input box adds a space to your find criterion. ; }

> Thank you
> Erhard

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle