IE8 : disable prompt to recreate previous session

John A Grandy

IE8 : disable prompt to recreate previous session
When IE8 fails , on restart it displays a dialog prompting if with to
recreate previous browsing session or go to home page.

How can I disable display of this dialog ( i.e. on start always go to home
page ) ?

Thanks.

Re: disable prompt to recreate previous session
Best to stick with one (1) thread, John. That being said, see...

IEBlog : IE8 and Reliability:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...liability.aspx

www.banthecheck.com

John A Grandy wrote:
> When IE8 fails , on restart it displays a dialog prompting if with to
> recreate previous browsing session or go to home page.
>
> How can I disable display of this dialog ( i.e. on start always go to home
> page ) ?
>
> Thanks.

John A Grandy

Re: disable prompt to recreate previous session
When I try to bring-up that blog site in IE8 , it hangs and eventually
times-out.

Using Google Chrome , I read the blog , but there's nothing in there on how
to disable automatic crash recovery.

Also : is there a way to disable the prompt which asks you if you'd like to
send crash info to MS ?

All these QA problems are killing the IE8 experience for me.

I've stuck with IE all these years because it starts-up and browses faster
than the competition and allows multiple independent instances ( processes )
rather than tabbed windows ( which I hate ).

Now , with IE8 , it comes up slow if at all , and crashes all instances
together , irrelevant of culpability , and slows me down a lot trying to get
restarted because some of the restarted sites just crash/hang again.

I'm perfectly happy managing my own experience. I don't need all this
poorly-QA'd "advanced technology" interfering , trying to make things right
again , but in fact only making things worse.

Hope some MS engineers are reading this 'cause I'm about to give up on IE.

> Best to stick with one (1) thread, John. That being said, see...
>
> IEBlog : IE8 and Reliability:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...liability.aspx
>
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> www.banthecheck.com
>

> John A Grandy wrote:
>> When IE8 fails , on restart it displays a dialog prompting if with to
>> recreate previous browsing session or go to home page.
>>
>> How can I disable display of this dialog ( i.e. on start always go to
>> home
>> page ) ?
>>
>> Thanks.

Re: disable prompt to recreate previous session
Please post any/all followup in replies to your original thread, John.
Thanks.