Removing 'X' from toolbars in IE8

Granpoh

Removing 'X' from toolbars in IE8
How do you remove that annoying, unnecessary 'X' (for closing your toolbars)
in IE8. For crying out loud, how hard is it to turn off a toolbar if you
don't want it, without having to worry about accidentally closing it when you
do need it. Besides, it takes up too much space.
Leonard Grey

Re: Removing 'X' from toolbars in IE8
Are you referring to the red 'X'? That icon stops a web page from
trying to load, but you've already got what you to see. It has nothing
to do with turning off toolbars.

To remove a toolbar (for those that are removable) right-click on any
toolbar and uncheck the one you don't want to see.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Granpoh wrote:
> How do you remove that annoying, unnecessary 'X' (for closing your toolbars)
> in IE8. For crying out loud, how hard is it to turn off a toolbar if you
> don't want it, without having to worry about accidentally closing it when you
> do need it. Besides, it takes up too much space.

Granpoh

Re: Removing 'X' from toolbars in IE8
You must not use the Google, etc. toolbars. There's a big 'X' to the left of
each toolbar for closing them. That's what I'm talking about.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Are you referring to the red 'X'? That icon stops a web page from
> trying to load, but you've already got what you to see. It has nothing
> to do with turning off toolbars.
>
> To remove a toolbar (for those that are removable) right-click on any
> toolbar and uncheck the one you don't want to see.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Granpoh wrote:
> > How do you remove that annoying, unnecessary 'X' (for closing your toolbars)
> > in IE8. For crying out loud, how hard is it to turn off a toolbar if you
> > don't want it, without having to worry about accidentally closing it when you
> > do need it. Besides, it takes up too much space.

Leonard Grey

Re: Removing 'X' from toolbars in IE8
Correct...I don't use any third-party toolbars. The toolbars that ship
with Internet Explorer don't have an 'X' to the left or right. If
Google's toolbar has an 'X' you need to complain to Google.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Granpoh wrote:
> You must not use the Google, etc. toolbars. There's a big 'X' to the left of
> each toolbar for closing them. That's what I'm talking about.
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> Are you referring to the red 'X'? That icon stops a web page from
>> trying to load, but you've already got what you to see. It has nothing
>> to do with turning off toolbars.
>>
>> To remove a toolbar (for those that are removable) right-click on any
>> toolbar and uncheck the one you don't want to see.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Granpoh wrote:
>>> How do you remove that annoying, unnecessary 'X' (for closing your toolbars)
>>> in IE8. For crying out loud, how hard is it to turn off a toolbar if you
>>> don't want it, without having to worry about accidentally closing it when you
>>> do need it. Besides, it takes up too much space.

rob^_^

Re: Removing 'X' from toolbars in IE8
Hi Leonard,

All COM toolbars loaded in IE8 have the Close button added to them. Some
toolbars have their own context menus, which means that if the Menu bar is
not visible, then users will have no way of unloading the toolbar because
the IE Toolbar context menu is not always available.

Regards.

> Correct...I don't use any third-party toolbars. The toolbars that ship
> with Internet Explorer don't have an 'X' to the left or right. If Google's
> toolbar has an 'X' you need to complain to Google.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Granpoh wrote:
>> You must not use the Google, etc. toolbars. There's a big 'X' to the left
>> of each toolbar for closing them. That's what I'm talking about. "Leonard
>> Grey" wrote:
>>
>>> Are you referring to the red 'X'? That icon stops a web page from
>>> trying to load, but you've already got what you to see. It has nothing
>>> to do with turning off toolbars.
>>>
>>> To remove a toolbar (for those that are removable) right-click on any
>>> toolbar and uncheck the one you don't want to see.
>>> ---
>>> Leonard Grey
>>> Errare humanum est

Leonard Grey

Re: Removing 'X' from toolbars in IE8
Can you help me find an 'X'? Whether the Menu Bar on my copy of IE 8 is
enabled or not, whether the toolbars are locked or not, I don't an 'X'
anywhere.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est