Deleting Bokmarks

denmarfl

Deleting Bokmarks
Running IE8; Vista Home Prem32Bit

Is there away to Delete all Bookmarks at one time in IE8? I did saw an
article that showed opening Favorites\Organize...and it showed a picture of a
Window that had Buttoms on the left (one of which is DELETE) and favorites on
the right....but when I click Organize I get a Window that only lists the
favorites.

I have 1 Favorite lists I like to keep on my PC when I travel, another when
I am at home..so when I switch one to the other I don't want a combination of
the two, I want to delete one before I import the other.

Re: Deleting Bokmarks
Delete the contents of C:\Documents and Settings\User\Favorites <=this
folder?

denmarfl wrote:
> Running IE8; Vista Home Prem32Bit
>
> Is there away to Delete all Bookmarks at one time in IE8? I did saw an
> article that showed opening Favorites\Organize...and it showed a picture
> of
> a Window that had Buttoms on the left (one of which is DELETE) and
> favorites on the right....but when I click Organize I get a Window that
> only lists the favorites.
>
> I have 1 Favorite lists I like to keep on my PC when I travel, another
> when
> I am at home..so when I switch one to the other I don't want a combination
> of the two, I want to delete one before I import the other.

denmarfl

Re: Deleting Bokmarks
You provided me the details; in my situation favorites were stored
c:\users\PC Name\Favorites.

Thanks for your help.......

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Delete the contents of C:\Documents and Settings\User\Favorites <=this
> folder?
>
> denmarfl wrote:
> > Running IE8; Vista Home Prem32Bit
> >
> > Is there away to Delete all Bookmarks at one time in IE8? I did saw an
> > article that showed opening Favorites\Organize...and it showed a picture
> > of
> > a Window that had Buttoms on the left (one of which is DELETE) and
> > favorites on the right....but when I click Organize I get a Window that
> > only lists the favorites.
> >
> > I have 1 Favorite lists I like to keep on my PC when I travel, another
> > when
> > I am at home..so when I switch one to the other I don't want a combination
> > of the two, I want to delete one before I import the other.

Don Varnau

Re: Deleting Bokmarks
Hi,
With Vista, browse to the folder C:\users\your account name\Favorites. Click
once in that folder. Go to Edit> Select all. Delete.
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]