Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/)
-   microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-internetexplorer-general/)
-   -   IE8 and MS Money "Invoices Fail To Print"? (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-internetexplorer-general/435700-ie8-ms-money-invoices-fail-print.html)

themerc 08-09-2009 12:44

IE8 and MS Money "Invoices Fail To Print"?

Anyone know when the IE8 "team" is going to fix this problem? Basically, you
cannot print invoices if you install IE8 (last time I tried this was early
June though).
--
The Merc

Robert Aldwinckle 08-09-2009 14:38

Re: IE8 and MS Money "Invoices Fail To Print"?

(cross-post added to Money)
"themerc" <themercatnicolausassociates.com> wrote in message news:2DD20A19-BF71-4B16-8493-4E5A57BB59BE@microsoft.com...

> [Subject: IE8 and MS Money "Invoices Fail To Print"?]

Details? Is this an actual message or your interpretation of some
symptoms that you aren't disclosing?

Try expanding your symptom description also using the tests documented here:

<title>How to resolve printing problems in Microsoft Money</title>
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902465

(Microsoft search for
money print
)

> Anyone know when the IE8 "team" is going to fix this problem? Basically, you
> cannot print invoices if you install IE8 (last time I tried this was early
> June though).

Looks like the "Money team" could have better information...

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...=en-us&m=1&p=1

(Microsoft Search for
money print IE8
)

<quote>
There is a fix in IE8 anticipated for mid-June.
</quote>

No other reference was given with that statement.

Assuming a fix, if possible, is implemented in IE8 and not Money,
do you at least have the latest cumulative update for IE8 installed?
E.g. use Help, About in IE to tell us what Version: is listed there.
Unfortunately that information is not capturable so you would have
to manually transcribe it.

Alternatively you could capture the same information via Run...
(e.g. press Win-R and enter:)

msinfo32.exe /category IESummary

> --
> The Merc

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

themerc 08-09-2009 21:16

Re: IE8 and MS Money "Invoices Fail To Print"?

Robert:

Thanks for your response.

Here's answers to your questions:
1. Q: Details? Is this an actual message or your interpretation of some
symptoms that you aren't disclosing? Answer: This is a well known problem
found when ANY user using MS Money (ANY version) upgrades to IE8. It's not
my interpretation, it's a well known fact from looking at a number of
discussions here and on the Money Discussion Group - plus contacting the tech
support people at Money.
2. Q: Try expanding your symptom description also using the tests documented
here: <title>How to resolve printing problems in Microsoft Money</title>
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902465 Answer: Not only did I do those, but
I contacted the Money tech support people via email and voice back in June.
They are very aware of the problem, just thought someone might know if it was
finally fixed.
3. Q: Looks like the "Money team" could have better information...

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...=en-us&m=1&p=1
Answer: The Money team had only one fix in June - roll back to IE7. I did
that - was just looking to see if anyone had known if an update to IE8 had
"fixed" MS problem with their software in August.
4. Q: None. Answer: I'm not going to waste my time installing and
uninstalling MS IE8 when I can ask and hopefully get constructive feedback
that is informative as to the status of "fixes" to IE8 / MS Money. Microsoft
does not get a gold star here - they've known for months about a problem
with their software and have apprently done nothing to fix it.
Again: If anyone is aware of a fix in place for IE8, please email me.
--
The Merc

Mark 08-10-2009 16:51

Re: IE8 and MS Money "Invoices Fail To Print"?

IE 8 resoloved this problem in an update in May.
Make sure that you've updated IE.

-Mark