Can Not Get Websites To Open With IE8

Bill Bradshaw

Can Not Get Websites To Open With IE8
Running WinXP Pro SP3 and IE8. Would somebody test the following sites with
IE8 and see if they can open them?

Eagle River Nature Center

www.ernc.org

Mountainering Club of Alaska

www.mcak.org

If anybody can think of any reason why I might not be able to access these
sites I would appreciate hearing your thoughts.

We can eliminate the hosts file as a source of the problem.
--
<Bill>

Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska.

Bob Eyster

Re: Can Not Get Websites To Open With IE8
"Bill Bradshaw" <bradshaw@gci.net> wrote in message
> Running WinXP Pro SP3 and IE8. Would somebody test the following sites
> with IE8 and see if they can open them?
>
> Eagle River Nature Center
>
> www.ernc.org
>
> Mountainering Club of Alaska
>
> www.mcak.org
>
> If anybody can think of any reason why I might not be able to access these
> sites I would appreciate hearing your thoughts.
>
> We can eliminate the hosts file as a source of the problem.
> --
> <Bill>
>
> Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska.

They would not open for me

--
Bob Eyster
Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 - 32 Bit - IE8

Re: Can Not Get Websites To Open With IE8
See http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=41464
www.banthecheck.com

Bill Bradshaw wrote:
> Running WinXP Pro SP3 and IE8. Would somebody test the following sites
> with
> IE8 and see if they can open them?
>
> Eagle River Nature Center
>
> www.ernc.org
>
> Mountainering Club of Alaska
>
> www.mcak.org
>
> If anybody can think of any reason why I might not be able to access these
> sites I would appreciate hearing your thoughts.
>
> We can eliminate the hosts file as a source of the problem.

Stubbo of Oz

Re: Can Not Get Websites To Open With IE8
On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 21:07:04 -0800, "Bill Bradshaw" <bradshaw@gci.net>
wrote:

>Running WinXP Pro SP3 and IE8. Would somebody test the following sites with
>IE8 and see if they can open them?
>
>Eagle River Nature Center
>
>www.ernc.org
>
>Mountainering Club of Alaska
>
>www.mcak.org
>
>If anybody can think of any reason why I might not be able to access these
>sites I would appreciate hearing your thoughts.
>
>We can eliminate the hosts file as a source of the problem.

They open OK for me - have you tried IE8 without add-on? See here:-

----------------
Stubbo of Oz
----------------
Bill Bradshaw

Re: Can Not Get Websites To Open With IE8
I have tried it without the add-ons. I also installed FireFox 3.5.2 to see
if it would work and no luck. I disabled all of my startup programs and I
can not get into either website. Bob also could not get into them. There
must be some setting that has to be changed but I do not know which one.
--

Stubbo of Oz wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 21:07:04 -0800, "Bill Bradshaw" <bradshaw@gci.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Running WinXP Pro SP3 and IE8. Would somebody test the following
>> sites with IE8 and see if they can open them?
>>
>> Eagle River Nature Center
>>
>> www.ernc.org
>>
>> Mountainering Club of Alaska
>>
>> www.mcak.org
>>
>> If anybody can think of any reason why I might not be able to access
>> these sites I would appreciate hearing your thoughts.
>>
>> We can eliminate the hosts file as a source of the problem.

> They open OK for me - have you tried IE8 without add-on? See here:-

Bill Bradshaw

Re: Can Not Get Websites To Open With IE8
I already had 15 installed but I went through the steps and checked
everything. I have also tried some other things which I listed in another
email.

> Running WinXP Pro SP3 and IE8. Would somebody test the following sites
> with IE8 and see if they can open them?
>
> Eagle River Nature Center
>
> www.ernc.org
>
> Mountainering Club of Alaska
>
> www.mcak.org
>
> If anybody can think of any reason why I might not be able to access these
> sites I would appreciate hearing your thoughts.
>
> We can eliminate the hosts file as a source of the problem.
> --
> <Bill>
>
> Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska.

Both work for me on Vista HP, IE8 8.0.6001.18813

Paul W Smith

Re: Can Not Get Websites To Open With IE8
I could get to both of them.

XP SP3 IE 8

>I have tried it without the add-ons. I also installed FireFox 3.5.2 to see
>if it would work and no luck. I disabled all of my startup programs and I
>can not get into either website. Bob also could not get into them. There
>must be some setting that has to be changed but I do not know which one.
> --
> <Bill>
>
> Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska.
>
> Stubbo of Oz wrote:
>> On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 21:07:04 -0800, "Bill Bradshaw" <bradshaw@gci.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Running WinXP Pro SP3 and IE8. Would somebody test the following
>>> sites with IE8 and see if they can open them?
>>>
>>> Eagle River Nature Center
>>>
>>> www.ernc.org
>>>
>>> Mountainering Club of Alaska
>>>
>>> www.mcak.org
>>>
>>> If anybody can think of any reason why I might not be able to access
>>> these sites I would appreciate hearing your thoughts.
>>>
>>> We can eliminate the hosts file as a source of the problem.

>> They open OK for me - have you tried IE8 without add-on? See here:-

I couldn't get into them at 1:30am this date but could at 8:30 am this date

--
Bob Eyster
Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 - 32 Bit - IE8

Re: Can Not Get Websites To Open With IE8
How about now, Bill?