Re: Can Narrator read Web pages?

undisclosed

Re: Can Narrator read Web pages?

Sad to see yet another forum where we find no answers.

Worse, the only replies are 'well, I don't have that problem' and 'try
buying software that is supposed to do what you want'.

Instead of related replies to an issue's resolution, why is ti that the
majority of the time I'm finding replies with useless comments and
unresolved issues (why reply at all if the intent isn't to help the user
with his/her issue)?

I suspect the cause for most Narrator problems reading webpages (ie;
actually reading alound nothing more than browser URL's, page titles,
keyboard actions like announcing each letter's having being typed and
"line in" being announced when using the forward or backwards arrow
buttons, and announcing nothing more than "cell" when hovering webpage
areas) is most probably caused by one or both of the following:

PC OEM's are gyping buyers out of the platforms that are supposedly
installed on pc's (eg; no XP CD is afforded the buter, which is required
in many instances, especially since things like SFC fail to function
because OEM's curiously relocate the 1386 folder, such that SFC can't
find the MS files to fix and repair the MS files.

Other just as likey causes for Narrator (and many other broken
utilites) issues are certainly probably caused by MS's supposed fixes
for things that MS never really even chcked to see if it worked ref.
pacthes, fixes, re-releases and again supposed improved platforms when
they never even got the last platform fully working.

And then there's either OEM or user screw ups that cause issues with
utilities, but why so many unresolved onesa nd why aren't forum
moderators deleting seemingly useless and/or disingenious replies?

--
wguru