Internet Explorer

Bayonete

Internet Explorer
Every time I shut down my PC and restart it, MSN adds tons of their JUNK to
my favorites menu-----------is their a way I can STOP this?

Re: Internet Explorer
CrystalBall© sez: Uninstall the MSN-customized version of IE8?

Bayonete wrote:
> Every time I shut down my PC and restart it, MSN adds tons of their JUNK
> my favorites menu-----------is their a way I can STOP this?

Bayonete

Re: Internet Explorer
I'm at a loss as to uninstall IE8. Could you tell me how to do this?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> CrystalBall© sez: Uninstall the MSN-customized version of IE8?
>
> Bayonete wrote:
> > Every time I shut down my PC and restart it, MSN adds tons of their JUNK
> > my favorites menu-----------is their a way I can STOP this?

Re: Internet Explorer
How to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

environment.
=> US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020
=> Other locales: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043

My personal recommendations include:

=> Install IE8 manually, not via Windows Update/Automatic Updates!! =>
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...ide-sites.aspx

NB: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it. When you're prepared
to install IE8, double-click on the saved file.

NB: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it. When you're prepared
to install IE8, right-click on the saved file and select "Run as
Administator.

=> Uninstall all third-party toolbars (e.g., Google; Yahoo; Windows Live)
and third-party Windows Themes before installing IE8.

=> Close all open applications (i.e., anything with a taskbar icon) before
installing or uninstalling IE8.

=> I would strongly recommend disabling your anti-virus application and any
anti-spyware application's "system protections" (other than Defender's)
before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade. If you're running a
third-party firewall, I would recommend disabling it and then enabling the
Windows Firewall before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade.

=> Create a Restore Point manually before installing IE8. [Do NOT use
System Restore to remove/uninstall IE8; instead, see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700. Then use the Restore Point prior to
reinstalling IE8 per these recommendations. Norton users will need to see
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/symantecdoc1.html.]

=> Reboot twice after installing or uninstalling IE8, then check-in at
Windows Update and install any critical security updates offered.

=> For best chance of success with IE8, make certain that your anti-virus
application version, any anti-spyware applications (other than Defender),
and your third-party firewall (if any) are supported in IE8 before you
decide install it.

www.banthecheck.com