www.fuw.ch: "IE cannot display the webpage" (!).

Philippe [Switzerland]

www.fuw.ch: "IE cannot display the webpage" (!).
Hello there,

Hmm, I'd really very much appreciate if some guys here
would be kind enough to let me know if this problem does
possibly...ALSO take place on their very own PC...

Strangely, I have here two (2) separate PCs (one with
XP and one with Vista) and BOTH encounter the same
problem...but no prob at all to access any other URL!
(We're using IE7 and IE8...but no difference).

But then on both, "no prob" when using...Firefox (!).

On the other hand we have here a Laptop (Vista) which
connects on same server and which can load this site.

Needless to state that I already did apply the commands
"ipconfig /flushdns", "netsh winsock reset" and
"netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt"...but to no avail.

So the URL in question is located at: www.fuw.ch

Kind regards from Switzerland,
Philippe
Don Varnau

Re: www.fuw.ch: "IE cannot display the webpage" (!).
Hi,
Site works for me, but is a bit slow to load (8-10 seconds at about 1.4
MBPS)

Did you clear Temporary Internet Files, History and Cookies on the affected
machines?
-
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Philippe [Switzerland]" <pascal47@gmx.net> wrote in message
> Hello there,
>
> Hmm, I'd really very much appreciate if some guys here
> would be kind enough to let me know if this problem does
> possibly...ALSO take place on their very own PC...
>
> Strangely, I have here two (2) separate PCs (one with
> XP and one with Vista) and BOTH encounter the same
> problem...but no prob at all to access any other URL!
> (We're using IE7 and IE8...but no difference).
>
> But then on both, "no prob" when using...Firefox (!).
>
> On the other hand we have here a Laptop (Vista) which
> connects on same server and which can load this site.
>
> Needless to state that I already did apply the commands
> "ipconfig /flushdns", "netsh winsock reset" and
> "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt"...but to no avail.
>
> So the URL in question is located at: www.fuw.ch
>
> Kind regards from Switzerland,
> Philippe

Philippe [Switzerland]

Re: www.fuw.ch: "IE cannot display the webpage" (!).
Yes, I did all "this", dear Don.

And as I said: Strange is the fact that two (2) complete
different machines are showing the exact same problem
on this specific URL...but only there (!). Whereas another
PC linked to the same Internet Provider (and modem)
loads "just fine" this webpage...

But now I found out that by typing "https://" (secure site)
instead of just "http://" (ie. https://www.fuw.ch) ...it works!
But as you too tested it, it's really a "non-secured" site
which should DEFINITELY load just via "http://www....."!

Hmm, so with above details, you might be now perhaps
in a position to suggest to me "something else"?
(Which I'd gladly try out and report again back to you).

Best regards, Philippe.

> Hi,
> Site works for me, but is a bit slow to load (8-10 seconds at
> about 1.4 MBPS)
>
> Did you clear Temporary Internet Files, History and Cookies
> on the affected machines?
> -
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Philippe [Switzerland]" <pascal47@gmx.net> wrote in message
>> Hello there,
>>
>> Hmm, I'd really very much appreciate if some guys here
>> would be kind enough to let me know if this problem does
>> possibly...ALSO take place on their very own PC...
>>
>> Strangely, I have here two (2) separate PCs (one with
>> XP and one with Vista) and BOTH encounter the same
>> problem...but no prob at all to access any other URL!
>> (We're using IE7 and IE8...but no difference).
>>
>> But then on both, "no prob" when using...Firefox (!).
>>
>> On the other hand we have here a Laptop (Vista) which
>> connects on same server and which can load this site.
>>
>> Needless to state that I already did apply the commands
>> "ipconfig /flushdns", "netsh winsock reset" and
>> "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt"...but to no avail.
>>
>> So the URL in question is located at: www.fuw.ch
>>
>> Kind regards from Switzerland,
>> Philippe

Don Varnau

Re: www.fuw.ch: "IE cannot display the webpage" (!).
1. Are the computers running the same security programs?

2. Does placing fuw.ch in Trusted Sites help?

3. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
Does the problem persist?

IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx

4. Are security settings for Internet Zone and trusted Sites at default
settings?

5. You might try resetting IE settings.
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...fe1771033.mspx
-

> Yes, I did all "this", dear Don.
>
> And as I said: Strange is the fact that two (2) complete
> different machines are showing the exact same problem
> on this specific URL...but only there (!). Whereas another
> PC linked to the same Internet Provider (and modem)
> loads "just fine" this webpage...
>
> But now I found out that by typing "https://" (secure site)
> instead of just "http://" (ie. https://www.fuw.ch) ...it works!
> But as you too tested it, it's really a "non-secured" site
> which should DEFINITELY load just via "http://www....."!
>
> Hmm, so with above details, you might be now perhaps
> in a position to suggest to me "something else"?
> (Which I'd gladly try out and report again back to you).
>
> Best regards, Philippe.

> > Hi,
> > Site works for me, but is a bit slow to load (8-10 seconds at
> > about 1.4 MBPS)
> >
> > Did you clear Temporary Internet Files, History and Cookies
> > on the affected machines?

> > "Philippe [Switzerland]" <pascal47@gmx.net> wrote in message
> >> Hello there,
> >>
> >> Hmm, I'd really very much appreciate if some guys here
> >> would be kind enough to let me know if this problem does
> >> possibly...ALSO take place on their very own PC...
> >>
> >> Strangely, I have here two (2) separate PCs (one with
> >> XP and one with Vista) and BOTH encounter the same
> >> problem...but no prob at all to access any other URL!
> >> (We're using IE7 and IE8...but no difference).
> >>
> >> But then on both, "no prob" when using...Firefox (!).
> >>
> >> On the other hand we have here a Laptop (Vista) which
> >> connects on same server and which can load this site.
> >>
> >> Needless to state that I already did apply the commands
> >> "ipconfig /flushdns", "netsh winsock reset" and
> >> "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt"...but to no avail.
> >>
> >> So the URL in question is located at: www.fuw.ch
> >>
> >> Kind regards from Switzerland,
> >> Philippe

Philippe [Switzerland]

Re: www.fuw.ch: "IE cannot display the webpage" (!).
Oh, thanks a lot for your trouble giving me all those additional tips!

However, I'm sorry to have to reply now that none cured my prob.
But look, let's not worry anymore about it, since I can load this
website by typing "hpps://" or upon using...Firefox; he, he!

But of course: For my personal "satisfaction" (!) I'd have been
very happy indeed to be able to report to you today a much
more "positive" feedback; though...

Anyway Don: Should you ever make it one day to Switzerland (?),
I'd be then MOST HAPPY to...INVITE you to our home; I mean it!
(...and then I'd surely take this opportunity to show it to you; lol!).

Pascal