Thank you for your help. I've discovered the solution, apparently the
problem was having each style sheet use its own title attribute. Once I took
the title off all but the main style sheet, no prob.
This is a weird issue unique to IE8 - and although I've been told its
supposed to work that way, something to do with "Stylesheet Preference" - it
only serves to create problems since the solution requires you remove the
title which could be helpful when scripting, etc - when you need to call the
In any case, not sure if this is a bug, or its supposed to be that way, but
I hope Microsoft investigates further.
> It appears that the new IE8 (when in IE8 standards mode) will not work
> correctly when you have both inline and linked style sheets...if you're in
> quirks or ie7 mode its fine, but the moment you switch to IE8 standards mode
> (for both broser and docMode) your linked styles are gone!
> <!--[if gte IE 8]> <!-- Not recognized unless in quirks/ie7 mode -->
> <link href="css/ie8.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" title="ie8">
> test example --- http://mtroadwines.com/ie8test.htm
> Any confirmation or info would be a big help!