Internet Explorer 8

IndependentFreeThinker

Internet Explorer 8
Quit trying to force people to accept your choices without options to use
their own. I have only had IE8 on my system for about 5 minutes and I don't
like it.
I don't like that you will not let me remove the auto add to favorites
button. I don't add favorites that way -- into your location of choice. I
always want the option to add to a specific folder within my favorites. Yes
I can still do that, but I don't want the button you force me to keep on my
tool bar with my "links"/"favorites bar." Also, I will not use Bing. I have
not tried it since others have told me that a search with that engine easily
brings filthy information to the computer screen. Again, you take choice
away from people. You say that it's a great new speedy feature to click on
an address and Bing will map it for you, but I won't use Bing and you don't
give me an option to have the instant mapping through any other service.
Stop trying to dictate peoples choices in the name of "improvment" or
"enhancement."

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Gordon

Re: Internet Explorer 8

"IndependentFreeThinker" <IndependentFreeThinker@discussions.microsoft.co m>
wrote in message news:4E85274D-2670-4FE4-AF2D-03F77F3F683E@microsoft.com...

>Also, I will not use Bing. I have > not tried it since others have told me
>that a search with that engine easily
> brings filthy information to the computer screen. Again, you take choice
> away from people. You say that it's a great new speedy feature to click
> on
> an address and Bing will map it for you, but I won't use Bing and you
> don't
> give me an option to have the instant mapping through any other service.
> Stop trying to dictate peoples choices in the name of "improvment" or
> "enhancement."

So you don't have to USE Bing. What's your problem?

Leonard Grey

Re: Internet Explorer 8
To whom do you think you're talking? This is a newsgroup of your fellow
users. Nobody here is employed by or connected to Microsoft.

But as long as I have your attention, may I say that if you're the type
who makes up their mind about something after 5 minutes, you have a
small mind.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

IndependentFreeThinker wrote:
> Quit trying to force people to accept your choices without options to use
> their own. I have only had IE8 on my system for about 5 minutes and I don't
> like it.
> I don't like that you will not let me remove the auto add to favorites
> button. I don't add favorites that way -- into your location of choice. I
> always want the option to add to a specific folder within my favorites. Yes
> I can still do that, but I don't want the button you force me to keep on my
> tool bar with my "links"/"favorites bar." Also, I will not use Bing. I have
> not tried it since others have told me that a search with that engine easily
> brings filthy information to the computer screen. Again, you take choice
> away from people. You say that it's a great new speedy feature to click on
> an address and Bing will map it for you, but I won't use Bing and you don't
> give me an option to have the instant mapping through any other service.
> Stop trying to dictate peoples choices in the name of "improvment" or
> "enhancement."
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Gordon

Re: Internet Explorer 8

"IndependentFreeThinker" <IndependentFreeThinker@discussions.microsoft.co m>
wrote in message news:4E85274D-2670-4FE4-AF2D-03F77F3F683E@microsoft.com...
> I won't use Bing and you don't give me an option to have the instant
> mapping through any other service.

That's what ditching a product after only FIVE MINUTES (your phrase) does
for you.
Of COURSE there is an option to use other mapping services - you just need
to ADD it. (Googlemaps for example).
In fact there are more mapping services here
http://www.ieaddons.com/gb/mapping/ than even YOU can shake a stick at...

IndependentFreeThinker

Re: Internet Explorer 8

"Gordon" wrote:

> "IndependentFreeThinker" <IndependentFreeThinker@discussions.microsoft.co m>
> wrote in message news:4E85274D-2670-4FE4-AF2D-03F77F3F683E@microsoft.com...
>
> >Also, I will not use Bing. I have > not tried it since others have told me
> >that a search with that engine easily
> > brings filthy information to the computer screen. Again, you take choice
> > away from people. You say that it's a great new speedy feature to click
> > on
> > an address and Bing will map it for you, but I won't use Bing and you
> > don't
> > give me an option to have the instant mapping through any other service.
> > Stop trying to dictate peoples choices in the name of "improvment" or
> > "enhancement."

> So you don't have to USE Bing. What's your problem?

Maybe you can't read very well or you don't understand simple words -- my
problem is that Microsoft removes our FREEDOM OF CHOICE through their
"helpful" programming. Maybe you think it's fine to just "don't use it" but
that doesn't help other people who may not be aware that they can choose
other things and not take what's put in front of them. You are naive if you
think there are not people who blindly follow.
IndependentFreeThinker

Re: Internet Explorer 8

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> To whom do you think you're talking? This is a newsgroup of your fellow
> users. Nobody here is employed by or connected to Microsoft.
>
> But as long as I have your attention, may I say that if you're the type
> who makes up their mind about something after 5 minutes, you have a
> small mind.

> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est

May I say, that if you are the type who believes that Microsoft doesn't
monitor chats like this that you have a sheltered mind.

I made up my mind that I do not like my FREEDOM OF CHOICE taken away,
something that requires much less than 5 minutes. I suppose that you did not
understand that my examples of CHOICE being removed by Microsoft through
their "helpful" programming is my complaint and dislike about IE8.

> IndependentFreeThinker wrote:
> > Quit trying to force people to accept your choices without options to use
> > their own. I have only had IE8 on my system for about 5 minutes and I don't
> > like it.
> > I don't like that you will not let me remove the auto add to favorites
> > button. I don't add favorites that way -- into your location of choice. I
> > always want the option to add to a specific folder within my favorites. Yes
> > I can still do that, but I don't want the button you force me to keep on my
> > tool bar with my "links"/"favorites bar." Also, I will not use Bing. I have
> > not tried it since others have told me that a search with that engine easily
> > brings filthy information to the computer screen. Again, you take choice
> > away from people. You say that it's a great new speedy feature to click on
> > an address and Bing will map it for you, but I won't use Bing and you don't
> > give me an option to have the instant mapping through any other service.
> > Stop trying to dictate peoples choices in the name of "improvment" or
> > "enhancement."
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

IndependentFreeThinker

Re: Internet Explorer 8

"Gordon" wrote:

> "IndependentFreeThinker" <IndependentFreeThinker@discussions.microsoft.co m>
> wrote in message news:4E85274D-2670-4FE4-AF2D-03F77F3F683E@microsoft.com...
> > I won't use Bing and you don't give me an option to have the instant
> > mapping through any other service.

> That's what ditching a product after only FIVE MINUTES (your phrase) does
> for you.
> Of COURSE there is an option to use other mapping services - you just need
> to ADD it. (Googlemaps for example).
> In fact there are more mapping services here
> http://www.ieaddons.com/gb/mapping/ than even YOU can shake a stick at...

If you thought from the perspective of others and not just yourself, you
might have noticed that it's not clearly obvious to most computer users how
to make such changes. To maintain our freedom of choice in this country, you
can't just think about yourself.

And if you had looked closely, and tried a few of them, you might have found
that Microsoft did not provide equal technology to all other mapping sources,
i.e. "Preview Enabled."
nw 106 tt

RE: Internet Explorer 8

wrote in message news:CA98470C-EEA7-4522-8794-2F9CDC696047@microsoft.com...

> "Gordon" wrote:
>

>> "IndependentFreeThinker"
>> <IndependentFreeThinker@discussions.microsoft.co m>
>> wrote in message
>> > I won't use Bing and you don't give me an option to have the instant
>> > mapping through any other service.

>> That's what ditching a product after only FIVE MINUTES (your phrase) does
>> for you.
>> Of COURSE there is an option to use other mapping services - you just
>> need
>> to ADD it. (Googlemaps for example).
>> In fact there are more mapping services here
>> http://www.ieaddons.com/gb/mapping/ than even YOU can shake a stick at...
>>

> If you thought from the perspective of others and not just yourself, you
> might have noticed that it's not clearly obvious to most computer users
> how
> to make such changes. To maintain our freedom of choice in this country,
> you
> can't just think about yourself.

So you would like IE (and other apps) to provide 6 million options for each
function?
Do you want to wipe their bottoms as well?

Q: "I want to see if there are other things I can add to IE"
A: "www.google.com"

QED.