Anti Virus

Doug

Anti Virus
I was having trouble with pages loading very slow. I was told to disable the
Norton AntiVirus. Pages load realy fast now. I was also to there is a way to
adjust the speed of the anti virus on how it checks the pages. Is there a
way to do this? Adjust the speed of the anti virus. I have never herd of
such a thing.

Doug

This mailbox protected from unsolicited email by Spam Alarm
from Dignity Software http://www.dignitysoftware.com

Bruce Hagen

Re: Anti Virus
NAV is a resource hog. [IMHO] Get rid of it.

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool:

Symantec uninstaller may not finish the job:
http://windowssecrets.com/comp/080207#story1

Replace it with a free and a more Windows friendly AV program.

AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 8.5
http://free.grisoft.com/ww.download?prd=afe

Do a custom installation and opt out of e-mail scanning.

Avast:

In the case of Avast, choose Custom Installation and under Resident
Protection, uncheck: Internet Mail and Outlook/Exchange.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Doug" <doug57@www.com> wrote in message
>I was having trouble with pages loading very slow. I was told to disable
>the Norton AntiVirus. Pages load realy fast now. I was also to there is a
>way to adjust the speed of the anti virus on how it checks the pages. Is
>there a way to do this? Adjust the speed of the anti virus. I have never
>herd of such a thing.
>
> Doug

> This mailbox protected from unsolicited email by Spam Alarm
> from Dignity Software http://www.dignitysoftware.com

VanguardLH

Re: Anti Virus
Doug wrote:

> I was having trouble with pages loading very slow. I was told to disable the
> Norton AntiVirus. Pages load realy fast now. I was also to there is a way to
> adjust the speed of the anti virus on how it checks the pages. Is there a
> way to do this? Adjust the speed of the anti virus. I have never herd of
> such a thing.

Ask in the Symantec newsgroups about Symantec products. A community of
Symantec users is more focused on Symantec products than a community of
Microsoft product users.

There aren't many symantec.* newsgroups so you might want to also visit
their forums (http://community.norton.com/norton/?category.id=nis).