Closing IE 8

Bob

Closing IE 8
In IE 7 when you coled the browser you were offered a check box to reopen
all of the existing tabs the next time that IE was opened. This feature is
not enabled in IE8. Is there a way to enable it?

Don Varnau

Re: Closing IE 8
Hi,
That feature is gone. The substitute is to, when opening the new window, go
to IE> Tools> Reopen last browsing session.
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Bob" <ratzt1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In IE 7 when you coled the browser you were offered a check box to reopen
> all of the existing tabs the next time that IE was opened. This feature

is
> not enabled in IE8. Is there a way to enable it?

Bob

Re: Closing IE 8
Unfortunately that doesn't help because if I have, let's say 4 tabs open
when I close IE, using "reopen last browsing session only restores the last
tab I used.

Any idea why Microsoft would eliminate such a useful feature?

> Hi,
> That feature is gone. The substitute is to, when opening the new window,
> go
> to IE> Tools> Reopen last browsing session.
> -
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Bob" <ratzt1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> In IE 7 when you coled the browser you were offered a check box to reopen
>> all of the existing tabs the next time that IE was opened. This feature

> is
>> not enabled in IE8. Is there a way to enable it?

Bob

Re: Closing IE 8
Sorry - my mistake. This method seems to work. thanks for the help.

> Unfortunately that doesn't help because if I have, let's say 4 tabs open
> when I close IE, using "reopen last browsing session only restores the
> last tab I used.
>
> Any idea why Microsoft would eliminate such a useful feature?

>> Hi,
>> That feature is gone. The substitute is to, when opening the new window,
>> go
>> to IE> Tools> Reopen last browsing session.
>> -
>> Hope this helps,
>> Don
>> [MS MVP- IE]
>>
>> "Bob" <ratzt1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> In IE 7 when you coled the browser you were offered a check box to
>>> reopen
>>> all of the existing tabs the next time that IE was opened. This feature

>> is
>>> not enabled in IE8. Is there a way to enable it?

Don Varnau

Re: Closing IE 8
Hi,
You're welcome. No, I don't know why the "Open these [tabs] next time"
option was dropped. Many users liked the feature.
-