Problem with Favorites

sheana

Problem with Favorites
I formatted my WIN XP computer and have IE 6. When I click on the Favorites
icon a bar opens on the left hand side of the screen listing my bookmarks. I
used to be able to click on the Fav icon and it would be a pull-down list.

How can I get that back again. Thanks in advance,

sheana

Donald Anadell

Re: Problem with Favorites

"sheana" <sheana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I formatted my WIN XP computer and have IE 6. When I click on the Favorites
>icon a bar opens on the left hand side of the screen listing my bookmarks.
>I used to be able to click on the Fav icon and it would be a pull-down
>list.
>
> How can I get that back again. Thanks in advance,

Not sure I actually understand your question.

The default behavior in IE6 is to pin the Favorites to the left(as you've
stated) when you click on the Favorites Icon.

The Default behavior in IE6 is to display the Favorites in a drop down list
if you click on the word "Favorites" on the Menu Bar.

Are you saying that you do not have the Menu bar showing in IE6, or that
Favorites is missing from the Menu Bar?

If so, see:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/962963

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> sheana

Re: Problem with Favorites
Are you sure you're not running IE7 or IE8?

Are you referring to the Favorites dropdown in Menu bar? Does pressing ALT
make the Menu bar visible?

PS: Congrats on getting the machine fully patched after the clean install!

sheana wrote:
> I formatted my WIN XP computer and have IE 6. When I click on the
> Favorites
> icon a bar opens on the left hand side of the screen listing my bookmarks.
> used to be able to click on the Fav icon and it would be a pull-down list.
>
> How can I get that back again. Thanks in advance,
>
> sheana

sheana

Re: Problem with Favorites
Sorry, having a stupid attack. I was clicking on the Fav icon to get the
drop down menu, not seeing the Favorites in the menu bar, which is what you
brought my attention to. Thanks for the help.

sheana

"Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message

> "sheana" <sheana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I formatted my WIN XP computer and have IE 6. When I click on the
>>Favorites icon a bar opens on the left hand side of the screen listing my
>>bookmarks. I used to be able to click on the Fav icon and it would be a
>>pull-down list.
>>
>> How can I get that back again. Thanks in advance,

> Not sure I actually understand your question.
>
> The default behavior in IE6 is to pin the Favorites to the left(as you've
> stated) when you click on the Favorites Icon.
>
> The Default behavior in IE6 is to display the Favorites in a drop down
> list if you click on the word "Favorites" on the Menu Bar.
>
> Are you saying that you do not have the Menu bar showing in IE6, or that
> Favorites is missing from the Menu Bar?
>
> If so, see:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/962963
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

>> sheana

Donald Anadell

Re: Problem with Favorites
You're quite welcome sheana, glad you got it sorted out.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell