Connection tab missing in the Internet Options

nO sPAM

Connection tab missing in the Internet Options
Hello World,

The Connection tab in the Internet Options properties dialog box isn't there
anymore.

Any idea on how to make it back?
Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Re: Connection tab missing in the Internet Options
wINDOWS vERSION? iE vERSION?

nO sPAM wrote:
> The Connection tab in the Internet Options properties dialog box isn't
> there
> anymore.
>
> Any idea on how to make it back?
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Cheers

nO sPAM

Re: Connection tab missing in the Internet Options
Hi,

Windows XP SP3, IE 7. Only installed Microsoft Office 2003 Standard and
McAfee antivirus.

Thanks for your fast response :>
cheers

> wINDOWS vERSION? iE vERSION?
>

> nO sPAM wrote:
>> The Connection tab in the Internet Options properties dialog box isn't
>> there
>> anymore.
>>
>> Any idea on how to make it back?
>> Thanks in advance.
>>

>> Cheers

Donald Anadell

"nO sPAM" <no@spam.no> wrote in message
> Hello World,
>
> The Connection tab in the Internet Options properties dialog box isn't
> there anymore.
>
> Any idea on how to make it back?

Is there a Policy restriction in place on the machine?

Use the Registry Editor and navigate to the following Key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Inte rnet Explorer\Control
Panel

Does "Connections" show in the right hand pane, and does it have a DWORD
Data value set to 1?

If so, you can change the DWORD value to 0 (zero), or delete the value
altogether.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Thanks in advance.
>

> Cheers

Re: Connection tab missing in the Internet Options
What anti-virus application was installed (and was the subscription still
current) before you installed the McAfee application?

Has a Norton or another McAfee application ever been installed on the
it)?

nO sPAM wrote:
> Windows XP SP3, IE 7. Only installed Microsoft Office 2003 Standard and
> McAfee antivirus.
>
>> wINDOWS vERSION? iE vERSION?
>>
>> nO sPAM wrote:
>>> The Connection tab in the Internet Options properties dialog box isn't
>>> there anymore.
>>>
>>> Any idea on how to make it back?
>>> Thanks in advance.

nO sPAM

"Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message

> "nO sPAM" <no@spam.no> wrote in message
>> Hello World,
>>
>> The Connection tab in the Internet Options properties dialog box isn't
>> there anymore.
>>
>> Any idea on how to make it back?

> Is there a Policy restriction in place on the machine?
>
> Use the Registry Editor and navigate to the following Key:
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Inte rnet Explorer\Control
> Panel
>
> Does "Connections" show in the right hand pane, and does it have a DWORD
> Data value set to 1?
>
> If so, you can change the DWORD value to 0 (zero), or delete the value
> altogether.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

>> Thanks in advance.
>>

>> Cheers

Hi Donald,

Your trick works like magic!

Thank you so much. Have a nice day :>

cheers.

Re: Connection tab missing in the Internet Options
QED: What made it go away?

nO sPAM wrote:
> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "nO sPAM" <no@spam.no> wrote in message
>>> Hello World,
>>>
>>> The Connection tab in the Internet Options properties dialog box isn't
>>> there anymore.
>>>
>>> Any idea on how to make it back?

>> Is there a Policy restriction in place on the machine?
>>
>> Use the Registry Editor and navigate to the following Key:
>>
>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Inte rnet Explorer\Control
>> Panel
>>
>> Does "Connections" show in the right hand pane, and does it have a DWORD
>> Data value set to 1?
>>
>> If so, you can change the DWORD value to 0 (zero), or delete the value
>> altogether.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>

>>> Cheers
>>>

> Hi Donald,
>
> Your trick works like magic!
>
> Thank you so much. Have a nice day :>
>
> cheers.

nO sPAM

Re: Connection tab missing in the Internet Options
A very good question.
I've no idea at all. There must be something triggered the registry, i don't
think there is anyway to hide the Connection Tab via some user interface.

cheers.

Have a nice day :>

> QED: What made it go away?
>
> nO sPAM wrote:
>> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "nO sPAM" <no@spam.no> wrote in message

>>> Is there a Policy restriction in place on the machine?
>>>
>>> Use the Registry Editor and navigate to the following Key:
>>>
>>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Inte rnet Explorer\Control
>>> Panel
>>>
>>> Does "Connections" show in the right hand pane, and does it have a DWORD
>>> Data value set to 1?
>>>
>>> If so, you can change the DWORD value to 0 (zero), or delete the value
>>> altogether.
>>>
>>> Good luck,
>>>
>>> Donald Anadell

>> Hi Donald,
>>
>> Your trick works like magic!
>>
>> Thank you so much. Have a nice day :>
>>
>> cheers.

Donald Anadell

> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "nO sPAM" <no@spam.no> wrote in message
>>> Hello World,
>>>
>>> The Connection tab in the Internet Options properties dialog box isn't
>>> there anymore.
>>>
>>> Any idea on how to make it back?

>> Is there a Policy restriction in place on the machine?
>>
>> Use the Registry Editor and navigate to the following Key:
>>
>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Inte rnet Explorer\Control
>> Panel
>>
>> Does "Connections" show in the right hand pane, and does it have a DWORD
>> Data value set to 1?
>>
>> If so, you can change the DWORD value to 0 (zero), or delete the value
>> altogether.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>

>>> Cheers
>>>

> Hi Donald,
>
> Your trick works like magic!
>
> Thank you so much. Have a nice day :>

You're welcome, glad you were able to get the tab back.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> cheers.

sandesh nadiger is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Connection tab missing in the Internet Options
I tried the steps HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Inte rnet Explorer\ but after that i am not able to view control panel option. can anyone help?
would appreciate the help.