IE 8 problem with Oracle support site 'My Oracle Support'

Michael

IE 8 problem with Oracle support site 'My Oracle Support'
I have recently upgraded from IE 7 to IE 8. After upgrading I am no longer
able to view the bodies of notes, article, or SR's. I can see and bring up
these objects, but there is no data/body...it does not display. I am able to
use the older Oracle support site Metalink. I have deleted history, cookies,
etc.

I highly suspect this is a problem with Oracle's new 'My Oracle Support'
site. I have logged a call with Oracle, but they have not been helpful (what
a shock).

I appreciate any feedback or help.
Thank you.
Michael
--
Oracle DBA
rob^_^

Re: IE 8 problem with Oracle support site 'My Oracle Support'
Hi Michael,

You did not tell us your OS version and service pack level, nor the address
of the web page/site that is causing you problems.

It sounds like a Standards compatibility view issue. Check your
Compatibility View Settings and add the site to your Compatibility View
list.

Regards.

"Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have recently upgraded from IE 7 to IE 8. After upgrading I am no
> longer
> able to view the bodies of notes, article, or SR's. I can see and bring
> up
> these objects, but there is no data/body...it does not display. I am able
> use the older Oracle support site Metalink. I have deleted history,
> cookies,
> etc.
>
> I highly suspect this is a problem with Oracle's new 'My Oracle Support'
> site. I have logged a call with Oracle, but they have not been helpful
> (what
> a shock).
>
> I appreciate any feedback or help.
> Thank you.
> Michael
> --
> Oracle DBA

Michael

Re: IE 8 problem with Oracle support site 'My Oracle Support'
Hello Rob,

Thank you for your quick response. I apologize for not being more thorough.

I am running Windows XP Professional version 2002, SP3. The problem Oracle
site is http://metalink.oracle.com. The old Oracle site is
http://metalink2.oracle.com.

I have tried using the 'Compatibility View' button on the menu bar after I
get to the site; it did not help. Let me try adding
http://metalink.oracle.com to the Compatibility View and attempt to go to the
problem site.

Note, why troubleshooting this issue today I have been logging in and out of
the new and old Oracle sites. One time today, the problem site actually
behaved as expected and I could see the bodies of everything. If I logged
out and back in, it would immediately go back to the rouge behavior. *heavy
sigh*

Thank you, I will post results.

Michael
--
Oracle DBA

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> You did not tell us your OS version and service pack level, nor the address
> of the web page/site that is causing you problems.
>
> It sounds like a Standards compatibility view issue. Check your
> Compatibility View Settings and add the site to your Compatibility View
> list.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have recently upgraded from IE 7 to IE 8. After upgrading I am no
> > longer
> > able to view the bodies of notes, article, or SR's. I can see and bring
> > up
> > these objects, but there is no data/body...it does not display. I am able
> > use the older Oracle support site Metalink. I have deleted history,
> > cookies,
> > etc.
> >
> > I highly suspect this is a problem with Oracle's new 'My Oracle Support'
> > site. I have logged a call with Oracle, but they have not been helpful
> > (what
> > a shock).
> >
> > I appreciate any feedback or help.
> > Thank you.
> > Michael
> > --
> > Oracle DBA

Michael

Re: IE 8 problem with Oracle support site 'My Oracle Support'
Hello Rob,

I tried adding the Oracle site to my Compatibility View. Unfortunately, it
is still not working. I tried various articles, notes, and SR's without any
luck.

I'm guessing since the site did work once today, the problem is at the
Oracle site. Would I be making a correct assumption?

Michael
--
Oracle DBA

"Michael" wrote:

> Hello Rob,
>
> Thank you for your quick response. I apologize for not being more thorough.
>
> I am running Windows XP Professional version 2002, SP3. The problem Oracle
> site is http://metalink.oracle.com. The old Oracle site is
> http://metalink2.oracle.com.
>
> I have tried using the 'Compatibility View' button on the menu bar after I
> get to the site; it did not help. Let me try adding
> http://metalink.oracle.com to the Compatibility View and attempt to go to the
> problem site.
>
> Note, why troubleshooting this issue today I have been logging in and out of
> the new and old Oracle sites. One time today, the problem site actually
> behaved as expected and I could see the bodies of everything. If I logged
> out and back in, it would immediately go back to the rouge behavior. *heavy
> sigh*
>
> Thank you, I will post results.
>
> Michael
> --
> Oracle DBA
>

> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
> > Hi Michael,
> >
> > You did not tell us your OS version and service pack level, nor the address
> > of the web page/site that is causing you problems.
> >
> > It sounds like a Standards compatibility view issue. Check your
> > Compatibility View Settings and add the site to your Compatibility View
> > list.
> >
> > Regards.
> >
> > "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I have recently upgraded from IE 7 to IE 8. After upgrading I am no
> > > longer
> > > able to view the bodies of notes, article, or SR's. I can see and bring
> > > up
> > > these objects, but there is no data/body...it does not display. I am able
> > > use the older Oracle support site Metalink. I have deleted history,
> > > cookies,
> > > etc.
> > >
> > > I highly suspect this is a problem with Oracle's new 'My Oracle Support'
> > > site. I have logged a call with Oracle, but they have not been helpful
> > > (what
> > > a shock).
> > >
> > > I appreciate any feedback or help.
> > > Thank you.
> > > Michael
> > > --
> > > Oracle DBA

rob^_^

Re: IE 8 problem with Oracle support site 'My Oracle Support'
Hi Michael,

I had a look and validated the site.

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos...i%2findex.html

The problem is on the Oracle side. (sigh)

Ensure you have "Automatically recover from rendering errors with
Compatibility View" on the Advanced tab of Internet Options checked. This
should allow you to load the page (IE will correct the markup errors on the
page) and render the page in Quirks mode (instead of the document doctype
directive.)

> Hello Rob,
>
> I tried adding the Oracle site to my Compatibility View. Unfortunately,
> it
> is still not working. I tried various articles, notes, and SR's without
> any
> luck.
>
> I'm guessing since the site did work once today, the problem is at the
> Oracle site. Would I be making a correct assumption?
>
> Michael
> --
> Oracle DBA
>

> "Michael" wrote:
>
>> Hello Rob,
>>
>> Thank you for your quick response. I apologize for not being more
>> thorough.
>>
>> I am running Windows XP Professional version 2002, SP3. The problem
>> Oracle
>> site is http://metalink.oracle.com. The old Oracle site is
>> http://metalink2.oracle.com.
>>
>> I have tried using the 'Compatibility View' button on the menu bar after
>> get to the site; it did not help. Let me try adding
>> http://metalink.oracle.com to the Compatibility View and attempt to go to
>> the
>> problem site.
>>
>> Note, why troubleshooting this issue today I have been logging in and out
>> of
>> the new and old Oracle sites. One time today, the problem site actually
>> behaved as expected and I could see the bodies of everything. If I
>> logged
>> out and back in, it would immediately go back to the rouge behavior.
>> *heavy
>> sigh*
>>
>> Thank you, I will post results.
>>
>> Michael
>> --
>> Oracle DBA
>>

>> "rob^_^" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Michael,
>> >
>> > You did not tell us your OS version and service pack level, nor the
>> > address
>> > of the web page/site that is causing you problems.
>> >
>> > It sounds like a Standards compatibility view issue. Check your
>> > Compatibility View Settings and add the site to your Compatibility View
>> > list.
>> >
>> > Regards.

Michael

Re: IE 8 problem with Oracle support site 'My Oracle Support'
Good morning Rob,

Thank you for everything you have done for me.

I will keep pushing on Oracle to fix their site: 'My Oracle Support'
(Metalink2).

The Microsoft Communities Site is a great resource, and I have enjoyed using
it. If you or anyone out there have a Oracle on Windows question/problem I
would be more than happy to lend a hand.

Cheers!
Michael in Colorado Springs, CO USA
--
Oracle DBA