ie problems

Mark

ie problems
Internet explorer will not open. I had ie 8 certain sites would not open.
Our Outlook web access page would not open as well as youtube videos not
displaying. I uninstalled 8 and installed in 7 but 7 will not open. If I
page as well as what seems like flash, java or javascript. sites. Obviously
something is screwed up in ie. uninstalling flash or reinstalling does not
solve anything. Is there a way to completely wipe out internet explorer?
It doesn't matter if it is safe mode or another user logging in it is the
same problem. Firefox works fine. The user could just use that but we need
ie for the outlook web access. Very frustrated. Would appreciate someone
offering help. Do not want to reformat the machine. It seems like there
must be something that can be done to fix Internet Explorer.

Leonard Grey

Re: ie problems
Do you have the same problems after you remove Internet Explorer 8 with
these directions:

"How do I uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8?"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

As the instructions explain: "When you remove Internet Explorer 8, your
earlier version of Internet Explorer is restored.." so there was no need
to reinstall Internet Explorer 7.

If you used another method, other than described above, to uninstall
Internet Explorer 8 you may find yourself needing to reinstall Windows.
Nevertheless, try the uninstall procedure above. Post back stating what
version of Internet Explorer you now have, and whether the problems persist.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Mark wrote:
> Internet explorer will not open. I had ie 8 certain sites would not
> open. Our Outlook web access page would not open as well as youtube
> videos not displaying. I uninstalled 8 and installed in 7 but 7 will
> not open. If I go back and install 8 ie will open and work but won't
> open our web access page as well as what seems like flash, java or
> javascript. sites. Obviously something is screwed up in ie.
> uninstalling flash or reinstalling does not solve anything. Is there a
> way to completely wipe out internet explorer? It doesn't matter if it is
> safe mode or another user logging in it is the same problem. Firefox
> works fine. The user could just use that but we need ie for the outlook
> web access. Very frustrated. Would appreciate someone offering help.
> Do not want to reformat the machine. It seems like there must be
> something that can be done to fix Internet Explorer.

Mark

Re: ie problems
After 8 is removed 7 will not open. I can click on the icon or go to program
files and click on the ie exe file and nothing happens. It won't open.

> Do you have the same problems after you remove Internet Explorer 8 with
> these directions:
>
> "How do I uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8?"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700
>
> As the instructions explain: "When you remove Internet Explorer 8, your
> earlier version of Internet Explorer is restored.." so there was no need
> to reinstall Internet Explorer 7.
>
> If you used another method, other than described above, to uninstall
> Internet Explorer 8 you may find yourself needing to reinstall Windows.
> Nevertheless, try the uninstall procedure above. Post back stating what
> version of Internet Explorer you now have, and whether the problems
> persist.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Mark wrote:
>> Internet explorer will not open. I had ie 8 certain sites would not
>> open. Our Outlook web access page would not open as well as youtube
>> videos not displaying. I uninstalled 8 and installed in 7 but 7 will not
>> open. If I go back and install 8 ie will open and work but won't open
>> our web access page as well as what seems like flash, java or javascript.
>> sites. Obviously something is screwed up in ie. uninstalling flash or
>> reinstalling does not solve anything. Is there a way to completely wipe
>> out internet explorer? It doesn't matter if it is safe mode or another
>> user logging in it is the same problem. Firefox works fine. The user
>> could just use that but we need ie for the outlook web access. Very
>> frustrated. Would appreciate someone offering help. Do not want to
>> reformat the machine. It seems like there must be something that can be
>> done to fix Internet Explorer.

Leonard Grey

Re: ie problems
Do your problems with IE 7 resolve after you reset Internet Explorer?

"How to reset Internet Explorer settings"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Quote: "When you reset Internet Explorer settings, all add-ons and
customizations are deleted, and you basically start with a fresh version
of Internet Explorer. This article helps you reset Internet Explorer."
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Mark wrote:
> After 8 is removed 7 will not open. I can click on the icon or go to
> program files and click on the ie exe file and nothing happens. It won't
> open.

>> Do you have the same problems after you remove Internet Explorer 8
>> with these directions:
>>
>> "How do I uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8?"
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700
>>
>> As the instructions explain: "When you remove Internet Explorer 8,
>> your earlier version of Internet Explorer is restored.." so there was
>> no need to reinstall Internet Explorer 7.
>>
>> If you used another method, other than described above, to uninstall
>> Internet Explorer 8 you may find yourself needing to reinstall
>> Windows. Nevertheless, try the uninstall procedure above. Post back
>> stating what version of Internet Explorer you now have, and whether
>> the problems persist.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Mark wrote:
>>> Internet explorer will not open. I had ie 8 certain sites would not
>>> open. Our Outlook web access page would not open as well as youtube
>>> videos not displaying. I uninstalled 8 and installed in 7 but 7 will
>>> not open. If I go back and install 8 ie will open and work but won't
>>> open our web access page as well as what seems like flash, java or
>>> javascript. sites. Obviously something is screwed up in ie.
>>> uninstalling flash or reinstalling does not solve anything. Is there
>>> a way to completely wipe out internet explorer? It doesn't matter if
>>> it is safe mode or another user logging in it is the same problem.
>>> Firefox works fine. The user could just use that but we need ie for
>>> the outlook web access. Very frustrated. Would appreciate someone
>>> offering help. Do not want to reformat the machine. It seems like
>>> there must be something that can be done to fix Internet Explorer.

Mark

Re: ie problems
No I cannot open up IE after if is reset to 7. It will not open.

> Do your problems with IE 7 resolve after you reset Internet Explorer?
>
> "How to reset Internet Explorer settings"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>
> Quote: "When you reset Internet Explorer settings, all add-ons and
> customizations are deleted, and you basically start with a fresh version
> of Internet Explorer. This article helps you reset Internet Explorer."
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Mark wrote:
>> After 8 is removed 7 will not open. I can click on the icon or go to
>> program files and click on the ie exe file and nothing happens. It won't
>> open.
>>
>> "Leonard Grey" <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Do you have the same problems after you remove Internet Explorer 8 with
>>> these directions:
>>>
>>> "How do I uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8?"
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700
>>>
>>> As the instructions explain: "When you remove Internet Explorer 8, your
>>> earlier version of Internet Explorer is restored.." so there was no need
>>> to reinstall Internet Explorer 7.
>>>
>>> If you used another method, other than described above, to uninstall
>>> Internet Explorer 8 you may find yourself needing to reinstall Windows.
>>> Nevertheless, try the uninstall procedure above. Post back stating what
>>> version of Internet Explorer you now have, and whether the problems
>>> persist.
>>> ---
>>> Leonard Grey
>>> Errare humanum est

Leonard Grey

Re: ie problems
If IE 7 is the original version of IE that shipped with your computer,
you must now reinstall Windows.

Understand that Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operating
system, so if IE is damaged beyond repair, the only way to get it back
is to reinstall Windows.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

"Mark" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> No I cannot open up IE after if is reset to 7. It will not open.

The way you worded your response it is not clear if you really tried:
Internet Options > Advanced > Reset

Tony Multari

Re: ie problems
Mark, don't reinstall Windows yet - I am having same problem - check *MY*
posts first to see how I'm doing - I can still open IE7 by right-click and
selecting "Run as administrator" and running IE (No Add-ons)

"Mark" <x@x.com> wrote in message

> "Mark" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> No I cannot open up IE after if is reset to 7. It will not open.

> The way you worded your response it is not clear if you really tried:
> Internet Options > Advanced > Reset

Jenny

Re: ie problems