page stuck in "Unknown zone" in IE7

Dave

page stuck in "Unknown zone" in IE7
We have a portal which we link to external content.

When I click the link I'm doing some server-side processing then do an ASP
Response.Redirect to the site. The url is then accurately displayed in the
address bar, but the page is blank and says "Done"..."Unknown zone |
Proctected Mode: off" along the status bar. Also, if I View Source on the
blank page, I see the HTML that should be rendered but isn't.

If I simply refresh the blank page, the page loads OK and then says "Trusted
Sites | Protected Modeff" in the status. NOTE: The site we are linking to
is in my trusted sites list to begin with.

Thanks, Dave.
rob^_^

Re: page stuck in "Unknown zone" in IE7
Hi Dave,

Remove the site from the Trusted Zone. It sounds like it is already detected
as an intranet zone automatically.

Test by typing the uri to the redirected page directly in the IE Address bar
and observing which security zone that IE places the domain in.

There is a security setting to "Websites in less privileged web content zone
can navigate into this zone", but you should be targeting the default
security settings of IE. (viz. When testing ensure that all of your IE
security zones have been set to their default values).

Regards.

news87060D2-9D3D-452A-9EDB-3138FDAF05C1@microsoft.com...
> We have a portal which we link to external content.
>
> When I click the link I'm doing some server-side processing then do an ASP
> Response.Redirect to the site. The url is then accurately displayed in the
> address bar, but the page is blank and says "Done"..."Unknown zone |
> Proctected Mode: off" along the status bar. Also, if I View Source on the
> blank page, I see the HTML that should be rendered but isn't.
>
> If I simply refresh the blank page, the page loads OK and then says
> "Trusted
> Sites | Protected Modeff" in the status. NOTE: The site we are linking
> is in my trusted sites list to begin with.
>
> Thanks, Dave.

Dave

Re: page stuck in "Unknown zone" in IE7
Thanks, but the site is an external one to our company so I'm not sure why it
would be detected in the intranet zone.