IE8 Iexsplore.exe - Application Error

Ben

IE8 Iexsplore.exe - Application Error
Hello
I get this quite often popping up spradically with no apparent trigger or
reason:

Iexsplore.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x6c371351" referenced memory at "0x000000004". The
memory could not be "read" and click OK to terminate the program

I found that others have exatly this proiblem but so far I found no cure.
Perhaps someone can help?

Problem started after upgrading from IE7.
Problem could not be resolved by running IE8 with "No-add ons".
No google or other 3rd party toolbars appear to be installed.
Problem was present before installing XP SR3 as well as after.

I am running Windows XP home edition 2002 Service Pack 3.
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702 Update versions 0

ANy help will be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards
Ben

Re: IE8 Iexsplore.exe - Application Error
Does the behavior persist after uninstalling IE8?

Ben wrote:
> Hello
> I get this quite often popping up spradically with no apparent trigger or
> reason:
>
> Iexsplore.exe - Application Error
> The instruction at "0x6c371351" referenced memory at "0x000000004". The
> memory could not be "read" and click OK to terminate the program
>

> I found that others have exatly this proiblem but so far I found no cure.
> Perhaps someone can help?
>
> Problem started after upgrading from IE7.
> Problem could not be resolved by running IE8 with "No-add ons".
> No google or other 3rd party toolbars appear to be installed.
> Problem was present before installing XP SR3 as well as after.
>

> I am running Windows XP home edition 2002 Service Pack 3.
> Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702 Update versions 0
>
> ANy help will be greatly appreciated.
> Kind regards
> Ben

Ben

Re: IE8 Iexsplore.exe - Application Error
Hello,

Thanks for responding but I do not quite follow the question - sorry.

If I uninstall IE8, I will not have any browser to run so of course I will
not see the problem? The problem only exists while the IE8 browser is active.

Or, did you mean perhaps that I shoulkd go back to re-installing using IE7
or IE6?

Please clarify.

(My other problem with pages not resolving / loading , also exists at my
work but not as frequent.)

Regards
Ben

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Does the behavior persist after uninstalling IE8?
>
> Ben wrote:
> > Hello
> > I get this quite often popping up spradically with no apparent trigger or
> > reason:
> >
> > Iexsplore.exe - Application Error
> > The instruction at "0x6c371351" referenced memory at "0x000000004". The
> > memory could not be "read" and click OK to terminate the program
> >

> > I found that others have exatly this proiblem but so far I found no cure.
> > Perhaps someone can help?
> >
> > Problem started after upgrading from IE7.
> > Problem could not be resolved by running IE8 with "No-add ons".
> > No google or other 3rd party toolbars appear to be installed.
> > Problem was present before installing XP SR3 as well as after.
> >

> > I am running Windows XP home edition 2002 Service Pack 3.
> > Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702 Update versions 0
> >
> > ANy help will be greatly appreciated.
> > Kind regards
> > Ben

Bob Eyster

"Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for responding but I do not quite follow the question - sorry.
>
> If I uninstall IE8, I will not have any browser to run so of course I will
> not see the problem? The problem only exists while the IE8 browser is
> active.
>
> Or, did you mean perhaps that I shoulkd go back to re-installing using IE7
> or IE6?
>
> Please clarify.
>
> (My other problem with pages not resolving / loading , also exists at my
> work but not as frequent.)
>
> Regards
> Ben
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Does the behavior persist after uninstalling IE8?
>>
>> Ben wrote:
>> > Hello
>> > I get this quite often popping up spradically with no apparent trigger
>> > or
>> > reason:
>> >
>> > Iexsplore.exe - Application Error
>> > The instruction at "0x6c371351" referenced memory at "0x000000004". The
>> > memory could not be "read" and click OK to terminate the program
>> >

>> > I found that others have exatly this proiblem but so far I found no
>> > cure.
>> > Perhaps someone can help?
>> >
>> > Problem started after upgrading from IE7.
>> > Problem could not be resolved by running IE8 with "No-add ons".
>> > No google or other 3rd party toolbars appear to be installed.
>> > Problem was present before installing XP SR3 as well as after.
>> >

>> > I am running Windows XP home edition 2002 Service Pack 3.
>> > Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702 Update versions 0
>> >
>> > ANy help will be greatly appreciated.
>> > Kind regards
>> > Ben

When you uninstall IE8 it will revert back to IE7.

--
Bob Eyster
Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 - 32 Bit - IE8

Re: IE8 Iexsplore.exe - Application Error
What Bob said.

Ben wrote:
> Thanks for responding but I do not quite follow the question - sorry.
>
> If I uninstall IE8, I will not have any browser to run so of course I will
> not see the problem? The problem only exists while the IE8 browser is
> active.
>
> Or, did you mean perhaps that I shoulkd go back to re-installing using IE7
> or IE6?
>
> Please clarify.
>
> (My other problem with pages not resolving / loading , also exists at my
> work but not as frequent.)
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Does the behavior persist after uninstalling IE8?
>>
>> Ben wrote:
>>> Hello
>>> I get this quite often popping up spradically with no apparent trigger
>>> or
>>> reason:
>>>
>>> Iexsplore.exe - Application Error
>>> The instruction at "0x6c371351" referenced memory at "0x000000004". The
>>> memory could not be "read" and click OK to terminate the program
>>>

>>> I found that others have exatly this proiblem but so far I found no
>>> cure.
>>> Perhaps someone can help?
>>>
>>> Problem started after upgrading from IE7.
>>> Problem could not be resolved by running IE8 with "No-add ons".
>>> No google or other 3rd party toolbars appear to be installed.
>>> Problem was present before installing XP SR3 as well as after.
>>>

>>> I am running Windows XP home edition 2002 Service Pack 3.
>>> Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702 Update versions 0
>>>
>>> ANy help will be greatly appreciated.
>>> Kind regards
>>> Ben

Colleen G

RE: IE8 Iexsplore.exe - Application Error
Ben
I am experiencing much of the same issues as you including the application
errors. Very frustrating. I too have posted as I have tried to uninstall
but IE was worse to the point of not working at all.
Had to download alternate browser as I could not use it at all. Hopefully
Microsoft will help as I am sure my computer sent at least 100 error reports.
Hopefully they will send via a critical update and help reverse all the
issues. Best of luck to us both.
Regards,
Colleen

"Ben" wrote:

> Hello
> I get this quite often popping up spradically with no apparent trigger or
> reason:
>
> Iexsplore.exe - Application Error
> The instruction at "0x6c371351" referenced memory at "0x000000004". The
> memory could not be "read" and click OK to terminate the program
>

> I found that others have exatly this proiblem but so far I found no cure.
> Perhaps someone can help?
>
> Problem started after upgrading from IE7.
> Problem could not be resolved by running IE8 with "No-add ons".
> No google or other 3rd party toolbars appear to be installed.
> Problem was present before installing XP SR3 as well as after.
>

> I am running Windows XP home edition 2002 Service Pack 3.
> Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702 Update versions 0
>
> ANy help will be greatly appreciated.
> Kind regards
> Ben

Re: IE8 Iexsplore.exe - Application Error
To avoid confusion, please begin a new thread about your specific problems.
State your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2)
in your first post.

Colleen G wrote:
> Ben
> I am experiencing much of the same issues as you including the application
> errors. Very frustrating. I too have posted as I have tried to uninstall
> but IE was worse to the point of not working at all.
> Had to download alternate browser as I could not use it at all. Hopefully
> Microsoft will help as I am sure my computer sent at least 100 error
> reports. Hopefully they will send via a critical update and help reverse
> all the issues. Best of luck to us both.

<snip>

Ben

Re: IE8 Iexsplore.exe - Application Error
Hello,
Ok, I finally had time to try and uninstall IE8 as you mentioned.

Unfortunately it turns out that it is not uninstallable or removable.
Add/Remove programs is not able to uninstall it (no button)
Windows setup isn't either.

How should I proceed?

Kind regards
Ben