double-sided printing report false page count on printer

jobi

double-sided printing report false page count on printer
Hi,

when i print one page from IE on a duplex printer (double-sided) the message
from the windows tray say 2 pages printed and on the printer counter 2 pages
are added but only one page printed. if i change the printer driver duplex
mode to single sided, the message in the windows tray display 1 page printed.
with other browser the problem is not present.

any idea?

thanks
rob^_^

Re: double-sided printing report false page count on printer
Your other browser is not IE.... Change the font family and font size
settings so that both browsers have the same settings. Turn off the
automatic page zooming in IE's print preview.

Developers control what is printed with stylesheets. Developers can make
mistakes, but most problems are caused by a loose keyboard nut.

Regards.

"jobi" <jobi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> when i print one page from IE on a duplex printer (double-sided) the
> message
> from the windows tray say 2 pages printed and on the printer counter 2
> pages
> are added but only one page printed. if i change the printer driver duplex
> mode to single sided, the message in the windows tray display 1 page
> printed.
> with other browser the problem is not present.
>
> any idea?
>
> thanks

Jo

Re: double-sided printing report false page count on printer
Hi,

I'm a Xerox analyst and we got this problem with a lot of customer who set
printer to 2 sided by default

If you try to print from internet explorer 6,7,8 just 1 page the printer
count 2
and the same thing occur when you are printing from office outlook

i tried a lot of configuration and in the same time tried with google chrome
and firefox for these one print is good and count to

Would you please give me new's or a department who can help me with this
issue it's very important for our customer

Regard's

"rob^_^" wrote:i

> Your other browser is not IE.... Change the font family and font size
> settings so that both browsers have the same settings. Turn off the
> automatic page zooming in IE's print preview.
>
> Developers control what is printed with stylesheets. Developers can make
> mistakes, but most problems are caused by a loose keyboard nut.
>
> Regards.
>
> "jobi" <jobi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > when i print one page from IE on a duplex printer (double-sided) the
> > message
> > from the windows tray say 2 pages printed and on the printer counter 2
> > pages
> > are added but only one page printed. if i change the printer driver duplex
> > mode to single sided, the message in the windows tray display 1 page
> > printed.
> > with other browser the problem is not present.
> >
> > any idea?
> >
> > thanks

jbull is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: double-sided printing report false page count on printer
Rob,

I too was a Xerox technician and I'm battling this this issue with Pcounter. I'm just wondering if you managed to find a solution?

Cheers,

Joel