Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IE8 bug - see repro inside

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2009
SDE/Test
 

Posts: n/a
IE8 bug - see repro inside
IE8
Version: 8.0.6001.18702
Repro:
1. open a web page with a few thumbnail links each linking to a picture
2. go to the first tab, stand on the picture with the mouse, right click and
choose "Save As"
3. Save the picture in a location which is not the default location
suggested by the browser (for example, create C:\TEST and save it there)
4. Go the the second tab, stand on the picture and try to save it
5. The default location should be where you saved the previous picture
(C:\TEST), but it's not. it is random- can be my_pictures, my_documents, or
anything else.

Is this a bug ? if yes, is there a patch ?



Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2009
SDE/Test
 

Posts: n/a
RE: IE8 bug - see repro inside
this repro is missing some information.

the correct repro should be:

1. open a web page with a few thumbnail each linking to a picture (try
Google images search result, it will happen there...)
2. click on each of the thumbnails and choose "Open link in new tab" (a few
tabs will be opened, each with a picture)
2. go to the first tab, stand on the picture with the mouse, right click and
choose "Save As"
3. Save the picture in a location which is not the default location
suggested by the browser (for example, create C:\TEST and save it there)
4. Go the the second tab, stand on the picture and try to save it
5. The default location should be where you saved the previous picture
(C:\TEST), but it's not. it is random- can be my_pictures, my_documents, or
anything else.



"SDE/Test" wrote:

> IE8
> Version: 8.0.6001.18702
> Repro:
> 1. open a web page with a few thumbnail links each linking to a picture
> 2. go to the first tab, stand on the picture with the mouse, right click and
> choose "Save As"
> 3. Save the picture in a location which is not the default location
> suggested by the browser (for example, create C:\TEST and save it there)
> 4. Go the the second tab, stand on the picture and try to save it
> 5. The default location should be where you saved the previous picture
> (C:\TEST), but it's not. it is random- can be my_pictures, my_documents, or
> anything else.
>
> Is this a bug ? if yes, is there a patch ?
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 bug - see repro inside
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

SDE/Test wrote:
> IE8
> Version: 8.0.6001.18702
> Repro:
> 1. open a web page with a few thumbnail links each linking to a picture
> 2. go to the first tab, stand on the picture with the mouse, right click
> and
> choose "Save As"
> 3. Save the picture in a location which is not the default location
> suggested by the browser (for example, create C:\TEST and save it there)
> 4. Go the the second tab, stand on the picture and try to save it
> 5. The default location should be where you saved the previous picture
> (C:\TEST), but it's not. it is random- can be my_pictures, my_documents,
> or
> anything else.
>
> Is this a bug ? if yes, is there a patch ?


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2009
SDE/Test
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 bug - see repro inside

Win XP Pro - SP3
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> SDE/Test wrote:
> > IE8
> > Version: 8.0.6001.18702
> > Repro:
> > 1. open a web page with a few thumbnail links each linking to a picture
> > 2. go to the first tab, stand on the picture with the mouse, right click
> > and
> > choose "Save As"
> > 3. Save the picture in a location which is not the default location
> > suggested by the browser (for example, create C:\TEST and save it there)
> > 4. Go the the second tab, stand on the picture and try to save it
> > 5. The default location should be where you saved the previous picture
> > (C:\TEST), but it's not. it is random- can be my_pictures, my_documents,
> > or
> > anything else.
> >
> > Is this a bug ? if yes, is there a patch ?

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 bug - see repro inside
Cannot reproduce here. Is the computer fully patched at Windows Update?

SDE/Test wrote:
> Win XP Pro - SP3
>
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2)
>> when posting to this newsgroup.
>>
>> SDE/Test wrote:
>>> IE8
>>> Version: 8.0.6001.18702
>>> Repro:
>>> 1. open a web page with a few thumbnail links each linking to a picture
>>> 2. go to the first tab, stand on the picture with the mouse, right click
>>> and
>>> choose "Save As"
>>> 3. Save the picture in a location which is not the default location
>>> suggested by the browser (for example, create C:\TEST and save it there)
>>> 4. Go the the second tab, stand on the picture and try to save it
>>> 5. The default location should be where you saved the previous picture
>>> (C:\TEST), but it's not. it is random- can be my_pictures, my_documents,
>>> or
>>> anything else.
>>>
>>> Is this a bug ? if yes, is there a patch ?


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2009
SDE/Test
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 bug - see repro inside
You can search in this forum (search the string "save as") and see that this
issue had been raised before.
It is obviously a bug.
In my opinion, IE8 does not save the last path that a file was saved in, in
the same memory location for all the parallel open tabs.





"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Cannot reproduce here. Is the computer fully patched at Windows Update?
>
> SDE/Test wrote:
> > Win XP Pro - SP3
> >
> >> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2)
> >> when posting to this newsgroup.
> >>
> >> SDE/Test wrote:
> >>> IE8
> >>> Version: 8.0.6001.18702
> >>> Repro:
> >>> 1. open a web page with a few thumbnail links each linking to a picture
> >>> 2. go to the first tab, stand on the picture with the mouse, right click
> >>> and
> >>> choose "Save As"
> >>> 3. Save the picture in a location which is not the default location
> >>> suggested by the browser (for example, create C:\TEST and save it there)
> >>> 4. Go the the second tab, stand on the picture and try to save it
> >>> 5. The default location should be where you saved the previous picture
> >>> (C:\TEST), but it's not. it is random- can be my_pictures, my_documents,
> >>> or
> >>> anything else.
> >>>
> >>> Is this a bug ? if yes, is there a patch ?

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 bug - see repro inside
You can search this *newsgroup* and see that many posters also neglected to
answer my questions, too.

SDE/Test wrote:
> You can search in this forum (search the string "save as") and see that
> this
> issue had been raised before.
> It is obviously a bug.
> In my opinion, IE8 does not save the last path that a file was saved in,
> in
> the same memory location for all the parallel open tabs.
>
>
>
>
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Cannot reproduce here. Is the computer fully patched at Windows Update?
>>
>> SDE/Test wrote:
>>> Win XP Pro - SP3
>>>
>>>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2)
>>>> when posting to this newsgroup.
>>>>
>>>> SDE/Test wrote:
>>>>> IE8
>>>>> Version: 8.0.6001.18702
>>>>> Repro:
>>>>> 1. open a web page with a few thumbnail links each linking to a
>>>>> picture
>>>>> 2. go to the first tab, stand on the picture with the mouse, right
>>>>> click
>>>>> and
>>>>> choose "Save As"
>>>>> 3. Save the picture in a location which is not the default location
>>>>> suggested by the browser (for example, create C:\TEST and save it
>>>>> there)
>>>>> 4. Go the the second tab, stand on the picture and try to save it
>>>>> 5. The default location should be where you saved the previous picture
>>>>> (C:\TEST), but it's not. it is random- can be my_pictures,
>>>>> my_documents,
>>>>> or
>>>>> anything else.
>>>>>
>>>>> Is this a bug ? if yes, is there a patch ?


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2009
SDE/Test
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 bug - see repro inside
newsgroup, forum, whatever...
which update should i install to fix this issue ? i installed the 1 IE8
update, but it did not fix it. which one of the many updates available should
fix this problem ? which KB number ?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You can search this *newsgroup* and see that many posters also neglected to
> answer my questions, too.
>
> SDE/Test wrote:
> > You can search in this forum (search the string "save as") and see that
> > this
> > issue had been raised before.
> > It is obviously a bug.
> > In my opinion, IE8 does not save the last path that a file was saved in,
> > in
> > the same memory location for all the parallel open tabs.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Cannot reproduce here. Is the computer fully patched at Windows Update?
> >>
> >> SDE/Test wrote:
> >>> Win XP Pro - SP3
> >>>
> >>>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2)
> >>>> when posting to this newsgroup.
> >>>>
> >>>> SDE/Test wrote:
> >>>>> IE8
> >>>>> Version: 8.0.6001.18702
> >>>>> Repro:
> >>>>> 1. open a web page with a few thumbnail links each linking to a
> >>>>> picture
> >>>>> 2. go to the first tab, stand on the picture with the mouse, right
> >>>>> click
> >>>>> and
> >>>>> choose "Save As"
> >>>>> 3. Save the picture in a location which is not the default location
> >>>>> suggested by the browser (for example, create C:\TEST and save it
> >>>>> there)
> >>>>> 4. Go the the second tab, stand on the picture and try to save it
> >>>>> 5. The default location should be where you saved the previous picture
> >>>>> (C:\TEST), but it's not. it is random- can be my_pictures,
> >>>>> my_documents,
> >>>>> or
> >>>>> anything else.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Is this a bug ? if yes, is there a patch ?

>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Inside Ubuntu 9.04 Alias microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 12 05-03-2009 23:31
eBay: Let us look inside your PC Steve Security News 0 02-23-2009 19:00
change permission on all files inside a folder or hundreds of file inside a folder Anthony B microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 3 12-29-2007 01:08
The Cybercriminal Inside Steve Security News 0 07-11-2007 05:40
A Look Inside the NCSA Steve General Technology News 0 07-02-2007 21:07




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:31.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120