Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

ie8 wont display dialog boxes

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2009
ted
 

Posts: n/a
ie8 wont display dialog boxes
I am trying to use ie8 but I find myself using mozilla because ie8 wont
display certain boxes. like my ebay it wont display the box where yoy type
your feedback for a user, i have another website where i play some casino
games and there is no start button, but if I use mozilla everything is there
I have tried regestering javascript, but that did no good. any ideas? Thanks
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2009
Singapore Computer Service
 

Posts: n/a
Re: ie8 wont display dialog boxes
Hello,

Test your JavaScript here
http://www.tanglewood.net/du/JavaScriptTest.htm

Is it working there?

Regards,
Singapore Computer Home Repair Service
http://www.bootstrike.com/ComputerService/
Video Conversion VHS Video8 Hi8 Digital8 MiniDv MicroMv
http://www.bootstrike.com/VHSVideoConvert/
"ted" <ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:75DB6507-C2A6-47E4-91FB-5489B6FCAE5A@microsoft.com...
>I am trying to use ie8 but I find myself using mozilla because ie8 wont
> display certain boxes. like my ebay it wont display the box where yoy type
> your feedback for a user, i have another website where i play some casino
> games and there is no start button, but if I use mozilla everything is
> there
> I have tried regestering javascript, but that did no good. any ideas?
> Thanks



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2009
ted
 

Posts: n/a
Re: ie8 wont display dialog boxes


"Singapore Computer Service" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Test your JavaScript here
> http://www.tanglewood.net/du/JavaScriptTest.htm
>
> Is it working there?
> Yes it is working fine, now what?
> Regards,
> Singapore Computer Home Repair Service
> http://www.bootstrike.com/ComputerService/
> Video Conversion VHS Video8 Hi8 Digital8 MiniDv MicroMv
> http://www.bootstrike.com/VHSVideoConvert/
> "ted" <ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:75DB6507-C2A6-47E4-91FB-5489B6FCAE5A@microsoft.com...
> >I am trying to use ie8 but I find myself using mozilla because ie8 wont
> > display certain boxes. like my ebay it wont display the box where yoy type
> > your feedback for a user, i have another website where i play some casino
> > games and there is no start button, but if I use mozilla everything is
> > there
> > I have tried regestering javascript, but that did no good. any ideas?
> > Thanks

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2009
Singapore Computer Service
 

Posts: n/a
Re: ie8 wont display dialog boxes
Hello,

** Solution 1 **
Try running IE8 with add-ons disabled. First ensure that all instances of
IEXPLORE.EXE are ended in Task Manager (press Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your
keyboard, processes tab, end process all IEXPLORE.EXE).

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No
Add-ons) to start IE8 without any add-ons. Try using the browser and see if
it works now.

If it is works now, start IE8 normally, go to Tools (if the menu bar
does not appear, hit the Alt key on the keyboard) > Manage Add-ons. Here,
disable all the add-ons you don't need under 'Currently Loaded'. Enable each
add-on one at each time, restart and see if the problem occurs again. Once
it occurs again after enabling an add-on, you have nailed the culprit.

** Solution 2 **
In addition to the above, you can try disabling IE8's memory protection and
see if it helps. Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced > under
'Security', uncheck 'Enable memory protection to help mitigate online
attacks' > OK

** Otherwise **
Otherwise you can use the free Microsoft Phone Support for IE8 (see under
'for consumers')
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...t/call-us.aspx

quote:
Free phone support for Internet Explorer 8 is limited to installation,
set-up and usage only. Advanced issues are not supported. Advanced issues
include problems that are associated with software and hardware development,
network connectivity, server-based technologies, and business-critical
systems.


Regards,
Singapore Computer Home Repair Service
http://www.bootstrike.com/ComputerService/
Video Conversion VHS Video8 Hi8 Digital8 MiniDv MicroMv
http://www.bootstrike.com/VHSVideoConvert/
"ted" <ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:5239472B-E26B-4E47-B692-F8F0927650A4@microsoft.com...
>
>
> "Singapore Computer Service" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Test your JavaScript here
>> http://www.tanglewood.net/du/JavaScriptTest.htm
>>
>> Is it working there?
>> Yes it is working fine, now what?
>> Regards,
>> Singapore Computer Home Repair Service
>> http://www.bootstrike.com/ComputerService/
>> Video Conversion VHS Video8 Hi8 Digital8 MiniDv MicroMv
>> http://www.bootstrike.com/VHSVideoConvert/
>> "ted" <ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:75DB6507-C2A6-47E4-91FB-5489B6FCAE5A@microsoft.com...
>> >I am trying to use ie8 but I find myself using mozilla because ie8 wont
>> > display certain boxes. like my ebay it wont display the box where yoy
>> > type
>> > your feedback for a user, i have another website where i play some
>> > casino
>> > games and there is no start button, but if I use mozilla everything is
>> > there
>> > I have tried regestering javascript, but that did no good. any ideas?
>> > Thanks

>>
>>
>>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2009
ted
 

Posts: n/a
Re: ie8 wont display dialog boxes
I finally got it fixed, I just had to re register vbscript.dll and everything
works now.

"Singapore Computer Service" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> ** Solution 1 **
> Try running IE8 with add-ons disabled. First ensure that all instances of
> IEXPLORE.EXE are ended in Task Manager (press Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your
> keyboard, processes tab, end process all IEXPLORE.EXE).
>
> Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No
> Add-ons) to start IE8 without any add-ons. Try using the browser and see if
> it works now.
>
> If it is works now, start IE8 normally, go to Tools (if the menu bar
> does not appear, hit the Alt key on the keyboard) > Manage Add-ons. Here,
> disable all the add-ons you don't need under 'Currently Loaded'. Enable each
> add-on one at each time, restart and see if the problem occurs again. Once
> it occurs again after enabling an add-on, you have nailed the culprit.
>
> ** Solution 2 **
> In addition to the above, you can try disabling IE8's memory protection and
> see if it helps. Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced > under
> 'Security', uncheck 'Enable memory protection to help mitigate online
> attacks' > OK
>
> ** Otherwise **
> Otherwise you can use the free Microsoft Phone Support for IE8 (see under
> 'for consumers')
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...t/call-us.aspx
>
> quote:
> Free phone support for Internet Explorer 8 is limited to installation,
> set-up and usage only. Advanced issues are not supported. Advanced issues
> include problems that are associated with software and hardware development,
> network connectivity, server-based technologies, and business-critical
> systems.
>
>
> Regards,
> Singapore Computer Home Repair Service
> http://www.bootstrike.com/ComputerService/
> Video Conversion VHS Video8 Hi8 Digital8 MiniDv MicroMv
> http://www.bootstrike.com/VHSVideoConvert/
> "ted" <ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:5239472B-E26B-4E47-B692-F8F0927650A4@microsoft.com...
> >
> >
> > "Singapore Computer Service" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> Test your JavaScript here
> >> http://www.tanglewood.net/du/JavaScriptTest.htm
> >>
> >> Is it working there?
> >> Yes it is working fine, now what?
> >> Regards,
> >> Singapore Computer Home Repair Service
> >> http://www.bootstrike.com/ComputerService/
> >> Video Conversion VHS Video8 Hi8 Digital8 MiniDv MicroMv
> >> http://www.bootstrike.com/VHSVideoConvert/
> >> "ted" <ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:75DB6507-C2A6-47E4-91FB-5489B6FCAE5A@microsoft.com...
> >> >I am trying to use ie8 but I find myself using mozilla because ie8 wont
> >> > display certain boxes. like my ebay it wont display the box where yoy
> >> > type
> >> > your feedback for a user, i have another website where i play some
> >> > casino
> >> > games and there is no start button, but if I use mozilla everything is
> >> > there
> >> > I have tried regestering javascript, but that did no good. any ideas?
> >> > Thanks
> >>
> >>
> >>

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Text dialog boxes Jafaribrown microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 4 04-28-2009 02:53
All Text Cannot Be Seen In Dialog Boxes. Nancy microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 37 03-24-2009 22:48
Copying Dialog Boxes species8350 microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 2 09-13-2008 02:25
IE 7 won't display dialog boxes pas926 microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 1 07-13-2008 04:07
Dialog Boxes JohnnyLarue microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 12-18-2007 08:54




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:18.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120