IE not starting properly

Poor Richard

IE not starting properly
Most often when reading my email using OE, and I click on a link, the
computer churns (accessing disk light blinking) for about 2 minutes, then
stops and IE never opens, let alone going to the linked site. What is going
on?

Re: IE not starting properly
Are you running IE6, IE7, or IE8?

Is this a sudden, new problem or an ongoing one?

Is IE configured as your default Browser?

Poor Richard wrote:
> Most often when reading my email using OE, and I click on a link, the
> computer churns (accessing disk light blinking) for about 2 minutes, then
> stops and IE never opens, let alone going to the linked site. What is
> going
> on?

Poor Richard

Re: IE not starting properly
I'm sorry for not including this information in my original post. I am
using OE8 and it is my default browser. The problem started sometime after
I installed OE8, but it is intermittent. About 10 to 20 percent of the
time, it works as it should. After it appears that the site will not open,
the second click will work ok. I say click, because I have windows set to
single click to select.

> Are you running IE6, IE7, or IE8?
>
> Is this a sudden, new problem or an ongoing one?
>
> Is IE configured as your default Browser?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Poor Richard wrote:
>> Most often when reading my email using OE, and I click on a link, the
>> computer churns (accessing disk light blinking) for about 2 minutes, then
>> stops and IE never opens, let alone going to the linked site. What is
>> going
>> on?

Re: IE not starting properly
[crosspost to OE General]

IE8 does not include OE6.

1a. Start | Settings | Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Set Program
Access and Defaults | Click on the downward-pointing arrows to the right of
the configuration that's already checked | Browser: Select "Internet
Explorer" here (not "Use my current...").

Illustration: http://www.winsupersite.com/images/r...p1_beta_03.gif

1b. Now check your settings here: IE Tools | Internet Options | Programs |
Default web browser.

If no joy, see:

2a. http://www.oehelp.com/ielnk.aspx

2b. Hyperlinks do not work in Outlook Express after you upgrade to IE7
[and/or IE8]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929867

2c. Hyperlinks do not work in Outlook Express or in Word:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823301
--
~PA Bear

Poor Richard wrote:
> I'm sorry for not including this information in my original post. I am
> using OE8 and it is my default browser. The problem started sometime
> after
> I installed OE8, but it is intermittent. About 10 to 20 percent of the
> time, it works as it should. After it appears that the site will not
> open,
> the second click will work ok. I say click, because I have windows set to
> single click to select.
>
> PA Bear wrote:
>> Are you running IE6, IE7, or IE8?
>>
>> Is this a sudden, new problem or an ongoing one?
>>
>> Is IE configured as your default Browser?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> Poor Richard wrote:
>>> Most often when reading my email using OE, and I click on a link, the
>>> computer churns (accessing disk light blinking) for about 2 minutes,
>>> then
>>> stops and IE never opens, let alone going to the linked site. What is
>>> going
>>> on?