IE 8 won't open

brakker

IE 8 won't open
I've uninstalled and re-installed IE 8 several times and it just won't open.
The cursor blinks for a moment but that's all. Have tried MS's removal of IE
8 with a command, but upon re-installing it still didn't work.... still won't
open. Now it doesn't show up in the remove programs list, and the MS command
string now doesn't work. I got ticked off and tried to delete the IE 8
folders folders..... but of course that didn't work either. BTW,
installation was with antivirus disabled.

Re: IE 8 won't open
environment.
=> US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020
=> Other locales: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043

Possibly related: If you think your Registry needs to be "cleaned" or
"repaired," read http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099 and draw your own
conclusions.

brakker wrote:
> I've uninstalled and re-installed IE 8 several times and it just won't
> open.
> The cursor blinks for a moment but that's all. Have tried MS's removal of
> IE 8 with a command, but upon re-installing it still didn't work.... still
> won't open. Now it doesn't show up in the remove programs list, and the
> MS
> command string now doesn't work. I got ticked off and tried to delete the
> IE 8 folders folders..... but of course that didn't work either. BTW,
> installation was with antivirus disabled.

rcmodelr

Re: IE 8 won't open
What about those of us running Windows 7 who are UNABLE to get Internet
Explorer to run long enough to open ANYTHING???

Your, for me WORTHLESS help site ASSUMES NOBODY using Windows 7 has problems
with IE 8...

In MY CASE... IE 8 REFUSES to run AT ALL as installed by default during the
Win-doze 7 "upgrade."

But your "HELP" web sites seem to ASSUME Internet Explorer works FLAWLESSLY
under Windows 7... When I try to download and re-install Internet Explorer,
the Microsoft sites ASSUME I'm running an operating system earlier than
Windows 7... I have Windows 7 installed on ALL my systems!!! Internet
Explorer 8 REFUSES TO RUN AT ALL on ALL of my systems!!!

Will Microsoft EVER come up with a web browser version that will perform AS
ADVERTISED????

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> No-charge support for Internet Explorer 8 installation, set-up and usage
> (only) is available via the phone based on your locale through 31 December
> 2009. Customers must be running Windows XP or Windows Vista in a non-domain
> environment.
> => US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020
> => Other locales: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043
>
> Possibly related: If you think your Registry needs to be "cleaned" or
> "repaired," read http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099 and draw your own
> conclusions.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> brakker wrote:
> > I've uninstalled and re-installed IE 8 several times and it just won't
> > open.
> > The cursor blinks for a moment but that's all. Have tried MS's removal of
> > IE 8 with a command, but upon re-installing it still didn't work.... still
> > won't open. Now it doesn't show up in the remove programs list, and the
> > MS
> > command string now doesn't work. I got ticked off and tried to delete the
> > IE 8 folders folders..... but of course that didn't work either. BTW,
> > installation was with antivirus disabled.

rcmodelr

Re: IE 8 won't open

Just a quick FYI... BEFORE I "upgraded" to Windows 7, IE was performing so
poorly I had GIVEN UP trying to use it!!!

With the version installed when I upgraded to Windows 7... Under the newest
operating system from Microsoft, IE 8 performs, at least on all THREE of my
systems MORE POORLY than it did while running under EITHER Windows Vista OR
Windows XP!!!

"rcmodelr" wrote:

> What about those of us running Windows 7 who are UNABLE to get Internet
> Explorer to run long enough to open ANYTHING???
>
> Your, for me WORTHLESS help site ASSUMES NOBODY using Windows 7 has problems
> with IE 8...
>
> In MY CASE... IE 8 REFUSES to run AT ALL as installed by default during the
> Win-doze 7 "upgrade."
>
> But your "HELP" web sites seem to ASSUME Internet Explorer works FLAWLESSLY
> under Windows 7... When I try to download and re-install Internet Explorer,
> the Microsoft sites ASSUME I'm running an operating system earlier than
> Windows 7... I have Windows 7 installed on ALL my systems!!! Internet
> Explorer 8 REFUSES TO RUN AT ALL on ALL of my systems!!!
>
> Will Microsoft EVER come up with a web browser version that will perform AS
> ADVERTISED????
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > No-charge support for Internet Explorer 8 installation, set-up and usage
> > (only) is available via the phone based on your locale through 31 December
> > 2009. Customers must be running Windows XP or Windows Vista in a non-domain
> > environment.
> > => US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020
> > => Other locales: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043
> >
> > Possibly related: If you think your Registry needs to be "cleaned" or
> > "repaired," read http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099 and draw your own
> > conclusions.
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
> >

> > brakker wrote:
> > > I've uninstalled and re-installed IE 8 several times and it just won't
> > > open.
> > > The cursor blinks for a moment but that's all. Have tried MS's removal of
> > > IE 8 with a command, but upon re-installing it still didn't work.... still
> > > won't open. Now it doesn't show up in the remove programs list, and the
> > > MS
> > > command string now doesn't work. I got ticked off and tried to delete the
> > > IE 8 folders folders..... but of course that didn't work either. BTW,
> > > installation was with antivirus disabled.

Re: IE 8 won't open
No one here works for or represents MS.

Upgrading, be it IE or Windows, in hopes of resolving an ongoing problem is
seldom a wise idea.

If you need assistance, you are welcome to begin a new thread about your
specific problem and computer. State your IE version and full Windows
version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2;
Win7; Win7 64-bit) in your first post.
--
~PA Bear

rcmodelr wrote:
> Just a quick FYI... BEFORE I "upgraded" to Windows 7, IE was performing
> so
> poorly I had GIVEN UP trying to use it!!!
>
> With the version installed when I upgraded to Windows 7... Under the
> newest
> operating system from Microsoft, IE 8 performs, at least on all THREE of
> my
> systems MORE POORLY than it did while running under EITHER Windows Vista
> OR
> Windows XP!!!
>
>> What about those of us running Windows 7 who are UNABLE to get Internet
>> Explorer to run long enough to open ANYTHING???
>>
>> Your, for me WORTHLESS help site ASSUMES NOBODY using Windows 7 has
>> problems with IE 8...
>>
>> In MY CASE... IE 8 REFUSES to run AT ALL as installed by default during
>> the Win-doze 7 "upgrade."
>>
>> But your "HELP" web sites seem to ASSUME Internet Explorer works
>> FLAWLESSLY
>> under Windows 7... When I try to download and re-install Internet
>> Explorer, the Microsoft sites ASSUME I'm running an operating system
>> earlier than Windows 7... I have Windows 7 installed on ALL my
>> systems!!!
>> Internet Explorer 8 REFUSES TO RUN AT ALL on ALL of my systems!!!
>>
>> Will Microsoft EVER come up with a web browser version that will perform
>> AS
>> ADVERTISED????

<snip hijacked thread about IE8 in WinXP from August 2009>