IE8 on one pc can not login to sprint.com

Mark

IE8 on one pc can not login to sprint.com
For the first time in years on this one XPpro PC I am unable to login
to www.sprint.com . After entering login credentials I get the IE8
bar at the top that says "To help protect your security, IE blocked
this site from downloading files ..." After selecting Download File
a Please Wait image appears briefly then the main www.sprint.com page
displays again.

Have cleared cookies, inet temp files, restarted IE in no-addons mode,
disabled all firewall, antivirus, etc - no help. Chrome and FFox work
fine on this same PC, and 3 other PC's that have the same OS, same
(current) updates, same add-ons, etc, also work fine. Ideas?

Don Varnau

Re: IE8 on one pc can not login to sprint.com
Hi,
First (quick and easy)
Place the site in Trusted Sites.
To add a trusted site...
Internet Options> Security> Trusted Sites> Uncheck "Require server
verification" and enter the site as *.sprint.com

Next...
With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
passwords and you will have to reinstall or re-enable browser add-ons, work
through this article:
936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/en-us

Useful for recovering stored passwords before you clear all stored login
data:
IE PassView- NirSoft:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/interne..._password.html

What a reset of IE settings will do:
Windows Vista Help- Reset Internet Explorer settings:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...fe1771033.mspx

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Mark" <x@x.com> wrote in message
> For the first time in years on this one XPpro PC I am unable to login
> to www.sprint.com . After entering login credentials I get the IE8
> bar at the top that says "To help protect your security, IE blocked
> this site from downloading files ..." After selecting Download File
> a Please Wait image appears briefly then the main www.sprint.com page
> displays again.
>
> Have cleared cookies, inet temp files, restarted IE in no-addons mode,
> disabled all firewall, antivirus, etc - no help. Chrome and FFox work
> fine on this same PC, and 3 other PC's that have the same OS, same
> (current) updates, same add-ons, etc, also work fine. Ideas?

Mark

Re: IE8 on one pc can not login to sprint.com
The Reset fixed it. Thanks!

> Hi,
> First (quick and easy)
> Place the site in Trusted Sites.
> To add a trusted site...
> Internet Options> Security> Trusted Sites> Uncheck "Require server
> verification" and enter the site as *.sprint.com
>
> Next...
> With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
> passwords and you will have to reinstall or re-enable browser
> add-ons, work
> through this article:
> 936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
>
> Useful for recovering stored passwords before you clear all stored
> login
> data:
> IE PassView- NirSoft:
> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/interne..._password.html
>
> What a reset of IE settings will do:
> Windows Vista Help- Reset Internet Explorer settings:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...fe1771033.mspx
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Mark" <x@x.com> wrote in message
>> For the first time in years on this one XPpro PC I am unable to
>> login
>> to www.sprint.com . After entering login credentials I get the IE8
>> bar at the top that says "To help protect your security, IE blocked
>> this site from downloading files ..." After selecting Download
>> File
>> a Please Wait image appears briefly then the main www.sprint.com
>> page
>> displays again.
>>
>> Have cleared cookies, inet temp files, restarted IE in no-addons
>> mode,
>> disabled all firewall, antivirus, etc - no help. Chrome and FFox
>> work
>> fine on this same PC, and 3 other PC's that have the same OS, same
>> (current) updates, same add-ons, etc, also work fine. Ideas?

Don Varnau

Re: IE8 on one pc can not login to sprint.com
You're welcome. Thanks for the update.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]