Compatibility View

Gra484

Compatibility View
This compatibilty view doesn't work or seem to do anything. How do i get web
pages to open as they did in IE 7?
Leonard Grey

Re: Compatibility View
Shall we guess what web page you have in mind, or what "doesn't work or
seem to do anything" means?

Because of significant code and feature changes in Internet Explorer 8,
some web pages that were developed for previous versions of Internet
Explorer, or with proprietary HTML or scripting extensions, might not
function the same way in Internet Explorer 8. Web developers need to
test their web pages to identify compatibility issues with Internet
Explorer 8, and redesign web pages that do not function properly.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Gra484 wrote:
> This compatibilty view doesn't work or seem to do anything. How do i get web
> pages to open as they did in IE 7?

Gra484

Re: Compatibility View
Ok. "doesn't work or seem to do anything" - means with certain web pages
there is no difference between Comp-View On or Off. Perhaps i should revert
to IE 7 until such time as IE 8 becomes more universally used ?
--
Gra484

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Shall we guess what web page you have in mind, or what "doesn't work or
> seem to do anything" means?
>
> Because of significant code and feature changes in Internet Explorer 8,
> some web pages that were developed for previous versions of Internet
> Explorer, or with proprietary HTML or scripting extensions, might not
> function the same way in Internet Explorer 8. Web developers need to
> test their web pages to identify compatibility issues with Internet
> Explorer 8, and redesign web pages that do not function properly.
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Gra484 wrote:
> > This compatibilty view doesn't work or seem to do anything. How do i get web
> > pages to open as they did in IE 7?

Leonard Grey

Re: Compatibility View
Well, that's one out of two answered...
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Gra484 wrote:
> Ok. "doesn't work or seem to do anything" - means with certain web pages
> there is no difference between Comp-View On or Off. Perhaps i should revert
> to IE 7 until such time as IE 8 becomes more universally used ?

Patrick Keenan

Re: Compatibility View
"Gra484" <Gra484@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok. "doesn't work or seem to do anything" - means with certain web pages
> there is no difference between Comp-View On or Off. Perhaps i should
> revert
> to IE 7 until such time as IE 8 becomes more universally used ?

Can you provide an example of a site that doesn't display properly, or give
a clearer description of what differences you see?

HTH
-pk

> --
> Gra484
>

> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> Shall we guess what web page you have in mind, or what "doesn't work or
>> seem to do anything" means?
>>
>> Because of significant code and feature changes in Internet Explorer 8,
>> some web pages that were developed for previous versions of Internet
>> Explorer, or with proprietary HTML or scripting extensions, might not
>> function the same way in Internet Explorer 8. Web developers need to
>> test their web pages to identify compatibility issues with Internet
>> Explorer 8, and redesign web pages that do not function properly.
>>
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Gra484 wrote:
>> > This compatibilty view doesn't work or seem to do anything. How do i
>> > get web
>> > pages to open as they did in IE 7?

rob^_^

Re: Compatibility View
Hi Gra,

Press F12 to display the developer tool to find out which rendering mode and
browser mode IE 8 is using while at a page.

IEBlog - Compatibility View

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...lity-view.aspx

Regards.

> This compatibilty view doesn't work or seem to do anything. How do i get
> web
> pages to open as they did in IE 7?

John Waller

Re: Compatibility View