Debug assertion failure

Jon M

Debug assertion failure
Frequently get debug assertion error message resulting in abort, retry and
ignore options with page inevitably crashing and ie closing. On IE8 now but
happens with last three versions. Only on this syste. Clearly something on
here conflicting with maybe vb? Running XP Pro.

Cannot identify consistent issue as yet, driving me crazy. Last message I
received stated debug assertion failed! Program... \iexplore.exe File...
visual studio 8\vc\include list Lime: 213 Expression: list iterator not
dereferencable.

Help! This is driving me nuts!
LarsSvenska

RE: Debug assertion failure
I am having a very similar problem in IE8, also running XP Pro. Can't believe
no one from Microsoft has addressed this as of yet... I have clicked the
"report" button tens of times!

"Jon M" wrote:

> Frequently get debug assertion error message resulting in abort, retry and
> ignore options with page inevitably crashing and ie closing. On IE8 now but
> happens with last three versions. Only on this syste. Clearly something on
> here conflicting with maybe vb? Running XP Pro.
>
> Cannot identify consistent issue as yet, driving me crazy. Last message I
> received stated debug assertion failed! Program... \iexplore.exe File...
> visual studio 8\vc\include list Lime: 213 Expression: list iterator not
> dereferencable.
>
> Help! This is driving me nuts!

MHL

Re: Debug assertion failure
Must be the website. What site is it? When does it happen? Do you have all
the latest updates of you OS and browser?

"LarsSvenska" <LarsSvenska@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am having a very similar problem in IE8, also running XP Pro. Can't
> believe
> no one from Microsoft has addressed this as of yet... I have clicked the
> "report" button tens of times!
>
> "Jon M" wrote:
>
>> Frequently get debug assertion error message resulting in abort, retry
>> and
>> ignore options with page inevitably crashing and ie closing. On IE8 now
>> but
>> happens with last three versions. Only on this syste. Clearly something
>> on
>> here conflicting with maybe vb? Running XP Pro.
>>
>> Cannot identify consistent issue as yet, driving me crazy. Last message I
>> received stated debug assertion failed! Program... \iexplore.exe File...
>> visual studio 8\vc\include list Lime: 213 Expression: list iterator not
>> dereferencable.
>>
>> Help! This is driving me nuts!

newme130

Re: Debug assertion failure
I am having a similar issue and it is not related to any particular website.
Everytime I click to open a new tab I get the message:

"Debug Assertion Failed!

Program: C:\Program Files|Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
File: .\X1IEHook.cpp
Line: 240

Expression: ((HRESULT)(hr)>=0)

For information on how your program can cause an assertion
failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.

(Press Retry to debug the application)"

Then there are three buttons: Abort, Retry, and Ignore

If I click on Abort the warning pops up again. If I click Retry I get the
general "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem" window. If I clck
Ignore the tab will open and I can go ahead with what I was doing.

Other than the annoyance of the pop up each time we open a new tab, there
doesn't seem to be any actual problem. But it *is* annoying and it
*shouldn't* be happening. I just have no idea how to make it stop.

Is there anyone out there who can actually help with this issue?
"MHL" wrote:

> Must be the website. What site is it? When does it happen? Do you have all
> the latest updates of you OS and browser?
>
> "LarsSvenska" <LarsSvenska@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am having a very similar problem in IE8, also running XP Pro. Can't
> > believe
> > no one from Microsoft has addressed this as of yet... I have clicked the
> > "report" button tens of times!
> >
> > "Jon M" wrote:
> >
> >> Frequently get debug assertion error message resulting in abort, retry
> >> and
> >> ignore options with page inevitably crashing and ie closing. On IE8 now
> >> but
> >> happens with last three versions. Only on this syste. Clearly something
> >> on
> >> here conflicting with maybe vb? Running XP Pro.
> >>
> >> Cannot identify consistent issue as yet, driving me crazy. Last message I
> >> received stated debug assertion failed! Program... \iexplore.exe File...
> >> visual studio 8\vc\include list Lime: 213 Expression: list iterator not
> >> dereferencable.
> >>
> >> Help! This is driving me nuts!

Donald Anadell

Re: Debug assertion failure

"newme130" <newme130@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having a similar issue and it is not related to any particular
>website.
> Everytime I click to open a new tab I get the message:
>
> "Debug Assertion Failed!
>
> Program: C:\Program Files|Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
> File: .\X1IEHook.cpp
> Line: 240

Have you tried this route for a solution?

1. Click on:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=X1IEHook.cpp

2. Then Click on:
[Resolved] IE 8 problem [Error message on opening new tab]
http://www.windowsbbs.com/internet-e...g-new-tab.html

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Expression: ((HRESULT)(hr)>=0)
>
> For information on how your program can cause an assertion
> failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.
>
> (Press Retry to debug the application)"
>
> Then there are three buttons: Abort, Retry, and Ignore
>
> If I click on Abort the warning pops up again. If I click Retry I get the
> general "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem" window. If I clck
> Ignore the tab will open and I can go ahead with what I was doing.
>
> Other than the annoyance of the pop up each time we open a new tab, there
> doesn't seem to be any actual problem. But it *is* annoying and it
> *shouldn't* be happening. I just have no idea how to make it stop.
>
> Is there anyone out there who can actually help with this issue?
> "MHL" wrote:
>
>> Must be the website. What site is it? When does it happen? Do you have
>> all
>> the latest updates of you OS and browser?
>>
>> "LarsSvenska" <LarsSvenska@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I am having a very similar problem in IE8, also running XP Pro. Can't
>> > believe
>> > no one from Microsoft has addressed this as of yet... I have clicked
>> > the

newme130

Re: Debug assertion failure
Donald, thank you so much! That was the problem. I've been trying to get
help for this for something like 2 months. I've googled everything I could
think of and never found this particular piece of advice.

Have a great day! :-)

"Donald Anadell" wrote:

> "newme130" <newme130@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having a similar issue and it is not related to any particular
> >website.
> > Everytime I click to open a new tab I get the message:
> >
> > "Debug Assertion Failed!
> >
> > Program: C:\Program Files|Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
> > File: .\X1IEHook.cpp
> > Line: 240

> Have you tried this route for a solution?
>
> 1. Click on:
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=X1IEHook.cpp
>
> 2. Then Click on:
> [Resolved] IE 8 problem [Error message on opening new tab]
> http://www.windowsbbs.com/internet-e...g-new-tab.html
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

> > Expression: ((HRESULT)(hr)>=0)
> >
> > For information on how your program can cause an assertion
> > failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.
> >
> > (Press Retry to debug the application)"
> >
> > Then there are three buttons: Abort, Retry, and Ignore
> >
> > If I click on Abort the warning pops up again. If I click Retry I get the
> > general "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem" window. If I clck
> > Ignore the tab will open and I can go ahead with what I was doing.
> >
> > Other than the annoyance of the pop up each time we open a new tab, there
> > doesn't seem to be any actual problem. But it *is* annoying and it
> > *shouldn't* be happening. I just have no idea how to make it stop.
> >
> > Is there anyone out there who can actually help with this issue?
> > "MHL" wrote:
> >
> >> Must be the website. What site is it? When does it happen? Do you have
> >> all
> >> the latest updates of you OS and browser?

Donald Anadell

Re: Debug assertion failure
You're welcome newme130, glad you got it resolved.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell