just out of curiostity. . .

roler2

just out of curiostity. . .
.. . .why does Microsoft put messages in the Information bar and yet the issue
can't be resolved and even Microsoft doesn't know how to resolve the issue?

It seems to me that if a message appears in the Information bar that the
issue should be an easy fix.

"An add-on for this website failed to run. Check the security settings in
Internet options for potential conflicts"

I have posted on this board, post on another board, also written to
Microsoft (including a screenshot), written to Yahoo (including a screenshot)
and yet no one knows how to fix the problem or to a point not even knowing
what is causing the problem. . .and yet they have a screenshot of their own
message yet Microsoft does not know how to fix the problem or even what is
causing it. . .

very frustrating. . .

rob^_^

Re: just out of curiostity. . .
Doh?

Which part of "Check the security settings in
> Internet options for potential conflicts" didn't you understand?

Tools>Internet Options - Security tab, (probably) Internet Zone. Press the
"Default level" button to ensure that you are using the recommended
(default) security settings for each zone. Web sites design their sites to
be compatible with the default IE security settings.

If a web site cannot run without downloading and installing an Active X
control from the Internet zone, then, if you TRUST the site, you may
consider adding that site to your Trusted Sites list where the default
security settings are lower.

Regards.

"roler2" <roler2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> . . .why does Microsoft put messages in the Information bar and yet the
> issue
> can't be resolved and even Microsoft doesn't know how to resolve the
> issue?
>
> It seems to me that if a message appears in the Information bar that the
> issue should be an easy fix.
>
> "An add-on for this website failed to run. Check the security settings in
> Internet options for potential conflicts"
>
> I have posted on this board, post on another board, also written to
> Microsoft (including a screenshot), written to Yahoo (including a
> screenshot)
> and yet no one knows how to fix the problem or to a point not even knowing
> what is causing the problem. . .and yet they have a screenshot of their
> own
> message yet Microsoft does not know how to fix the problem or even what is
> causing it. . .
>
> very frustrating. . .

Re: just out of curiostity. . .
Shall we guess your IE and Windows version or...?

roler2 wrote:
> . . .why does Microsoft put messages in the Information bar and yet the
> issue can't be resolved and even Microsoft doesn't know how to resolve the
> issue?
>
> It seems to me that if a message appears in the Information bar that the
> issue should be an easy fix.
>
> "An add-on for this website failed to run. Check the security settings in
> Internet options for potential conflicts"
>
> I have posted on this board, post on another board, also written to
> Microsoft (including a screenshot), written to Yahoo (including a
> screenshot) and yet no one knows how to fix the problem or to a point not
> even knowing what is causing the problem. . .and yet they have a
> screenshot
> of their own message yet Microsoft does not know how to fix the problem or
> even what is causing it. . .
>
> very frustrating. . .

roler2

Re: just out of curiosity. . .
excuse me-

the default level is greyed out so I can't change it and so you want me to
add 75-100 sites to the trusted site area even though that is greyed out
too?????????

tell me how to do that when both ares are greyed out and I suppose everyone
has to do that or am I the only one with this problem?

btw the message in the information bar appears when I click on this site as
well

so am I supposed to spend all day adding sites to a trusted site list when i
can't do that because it is greyed out and i can't change the default level
because it is also greyed out-

please don't tell me to reinstall IE8 or reinstall flash or Java I have done
all that

the internet site zones are already at default level I verified that through
Microsoft

how come no one else gets this message???

XP SP3 IE8

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Doh?
>
> Which part of "Check the security settings in
> > Internet options for potential conflicts" didn't you understand?

> Tools>Internet Options - Security tab, (probably) Internet Zone. Press the
> "Default level" button to ensure that you are using the recommended
> (default) security settings for each zone. Web sites design their sites to
> be compatible with the default IE security settings.
>
> If a web site cannot run without downloading and installing an Active X
> control from the Internet zone, then, if you TRUST the site, you may
> consider adding that site to your Trusted Sites list where the default
> security settings are lower.
>
> Regards.
>
> "roler2" <roler2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > . . .why does Microsoft put messages in the Information bar and yet the
> > issue
> > can't be resolved and even Microsoft doesn't know how to resolve the
> > issue?
> >
> > It seems to me that if a message appears in the Information bar that the
> > issue should be an easy fix.
> >
> > "An add-on for this website failed to run. Check the security settings in
> > Internet options for potential conflicts"
> >
> > I have posted on this board, post on another board, also written to
> > Microsoft (including a screenshot), written to Yahoo (including a
> > screenshot)
> > and yet no one knows how to fix the problem or to a point not even knowing
> > what is causing the problem. . .and yet they have a screenshot of their
> > own
> > message yet Microsoft does not know how to fix the problem or even what is
> > causing it. . .
> >
> > very frustrating. . .

rob^_^

Re: just out of curiosity. . .
Disabled buttons on the Security Zone...... see your System Administrators.

> [...]

>> > can't be resolved and even Microsoft doesn't know how to resolve the
>> > issue?
>> >
>> > It seems to me that if a message appears in the Information bar that
>> > the
>> > issue should be an easy fix.
>> >
>> > "An add-on for this website failed to run. Check the security settings
>> > in
>> > Internet options for potential conflicts"
>> >
>> > I have posted on this board, post on another board, also written to
>> > Microsoft (including a screenshot), written to Yahoo (including a
>> > screenshot)
>> > and yet no one knows how to fix the problem or to a point not even
>> > knowing
>> > what is causing the problem. . .and yet they have a screenshot of their
>> > own
>> > message yet Microsoft does not know how to fix the problem or even what

roler2

Re: just out of curiosity. . .
ok now I am really confused I don't have a system administrator this is on my
home computer i am disabled and I don't even work I have XP Home edition

this is on my home computer i don't work i have a P3 700MHZ with dial up

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Disabled buttons on the Security Zone...... see your System Administrators.
>
> Regards.
>
> "roler2" <roler2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > excuse me-
> >
> > the default level is greyed out so I can't change it and so you want me to
> > add 75-100 sites to the trusted site area even though that is greyed out
> > too?????????
> >
> > tell me how to do that when both ares are greyed out and I suppose
> > everyone
> > has to do that or am I the only one with this problem?
> >
> > btw the message in the information bar appears when I click on this site
> > as
> > well
> >
> > so am I supposed to spend all day adding sites to a trusted site list when
> > can't do that because it is greyed out and i can't change the default
> > level
> > because it is also greyed out-
> >
> > please don't tell me to reinstall IE8 or reinstall flash or Java I have
> > done
> > all that
> >
> > the internet site zones are already at default level I verified that
> > through
> > Microsoft
> >
> > how come no one else gets this message???
> >
> > XP SP3 IE8
> >

> > "rob^_^" wrote:
> >
> >> Doh?
> >>
> >> Which part of "Check the security settings in
> >>
> >> Tools>Internet Options - Security tab, (probably) Internet Zone. Press
> >> the
> >> "Default level" button to ensure that you are using the recommended
> >> (default) security settings for each zone. Web sites design their sites
> >> be compatible with the default IE security settings.
> >>
> >> If a web site cannot run without downloading and installing an Active X
> >> control from the Internet zone, then, if you TRUST the site, you may
> >> consider adding that site to your Trusted Sites list where the default
> >> security settings are lower.
> >>
> >> Regards.

rob^_^

Re: just out of curiosity. . .
Ok,

We need to know stuff to try and fix your issue.

This is your home computer, The Default security buttons are disabled when
you try to change the security zone settings....this is expected.... you
already have set your security zone settings to their defaults.

the default level is greyed out so I can't change it and so you want me to
>> > add 75-100 sites to the trusted site area even though that is greyed
>> > out
>> > too?????????

Can't add sites to the Trusted Zone - This is not normal on a home computer.
A third-party security program (anti-virus, parental control) or an even an
IE-Addon or a malware infection could be stopping you from adding this one
site to your trusted zone. (your original problem was that you could not
install an Active X control from a single site.... if you are having
problems accessing sites in general, that is a different problem....
Tools>Compatibility View Settings.)

Anyway all of your problems should be fixed with the "Reset" button
(Tools>Internet Options - Advanced tab). Pressing this button will reset ALL
of IE settings to their "factory" defaults. I would recommend that you try
this, as from you posts it is hard to know what your problems are, so you
may as well start from the beginning

This should have been the first thing you should have told us... On which
web site is this happening?

> ok now I am really confused I don't have a system administrator this is on
> my
> home computer i am disabled and I don't even work I have XP Home edition
>
> this is on my home computer i don't work i have a P3 700MHZ with dial up
>
> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> Disabled buttons on the Security Zone...... see your System
>> Administrators.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "roler2" <roler2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > excuse me-
>> >
>> > the default level is greyed out so I can't change it and so you want me
>> > add 75-100 sites to the trusted site area even though that is greyed
>> > out
>> > too?????????
>> >
>> > tell me how to do that when both ares are greyed out and I suppose
>> > everyone
>> > has to do that or am I the only one with this problem?
>> >
>> > btw the message in the information bar appears when I click on this
>> > site
>> > as
>> > well
>> >
>> > so am I supposed to spend all day adding sites to a trusted site list
>> > when
>> > can't do that because it is greyed out and i can't change the default
>> > level
>> > because it is also greyed out-
>> >
>> > please don't tell me to reinstall IE8 or reinstall flash or Java I have
>> > done
>> > all that
>> >
>> > the internet site zones are already at default level I verified that
>> > through
>> > Microsoft
>> >
>> > how come no one else gets this message???
>> >
>> > XP SP3 IE8

roler2

Re: just out of curiosity. . .
Ok well let me clarify things. . .

I am not having trouble accessing web sites. I am having trouble with the
message in the information bar that I wrote about earlier. It does not appear
just on one site. . .it appears on several sites too numerous to mention.

I am not a computer genius which is why I posted on this board. Now when I
get that message in the information bar the web site appears just fine. There
are no errors on the web site nor is there anything missing. The message just
pops up and when I click on to close it the web site appears just fine with
no errors.

I will re-set the internet settings to their default status and see if that
helps and will post the results.

My original inquiry is why this message keeps popping up when there does not
seem to be any errors on the web site.

I may have narrowed down the problem to the fact that I am still on dial-up.
I have tried two dial-up services and both produce the same errors. I will
try and go to another computer that has DSL and see if the error still pops
up. It could be either java or flash interfering with the dial-up service.
That is the only thing I can think of. There does not seem to be any other
reason being that the error is linked to an active x control and the only two
add-ons I have are java and flash.

However the web pages display just fine even if the error message appears.

So I may have to live with the error message.

Thank you for the assistance. I will post with any further results.