How can I install IE

Lorena & Mike

How can I install IE
The IE that I have must be corrupted. Only ther address line, forward/back
buttons and Search button is availiable. No toolbars, no File, nothiong else
is accessible. I tried downloading IE 8, but the ActtiveX drop down message
does not appear. How can I install IE?

--
Thx

Lorena
Don Varnau

Re: How can I install IE
Hi,
You may be in Full Screen Mode. Hit the F11 key. Does that return a normal
or maximized window? When you right-click the IE toolbar, if Menu Bar is
unchecked, check it. If Command Bar is unchecked, check it.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Lorena & Mike" <LorenaMike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The IE that I have must be corrupted. Only ther address line, forward/back
> buttons and Search button is availiable. No toolbars, no File, nothiong

else
> is accessible. I tried downloading IE 8, but the ActtiveX drop down

message
> does not appear. How can I install IE?
>
> - -
> Thx
>
> Lorena

Re: How can I install IE
Please stick with your original thread, Lorena:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...7aaa36?hl=en&q

Lorena & Mike wrote:
> The IE that I have must be corrupted. Only ther address line, forward/back
> buttons and Search button is availiable. No toolbars, no File, nothiong
> else
> is accessible. I tried downloading IE 8, but the ActtiveX drop down
> message
> does not appear. How can I install IE?

Charles W Davis

Re: How can I install IE

"Lorena & Mike" <LorenaMike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The IE that I have must be corrupted. Only ther address line, forward/back
> buttons and Search button is availiable. No toolbars, no File, nothiong
> else
> is accessible. I tried downloading IE 8, but the ActtiveX drop down
> message
> does not appear. How can I install IE?
>
> --
> Thx
>
> Lorena

Download and install the Microsoft Windows Genuine Advantage program.

Lorena & Mike

Re: How can I install IE
Charles,

I can not seem to download anything from the internet. I can not get the
ActiveX pop-up to show.
--
Thx

Lorena

"Charles W Davis" wrote:

> "Lorena & Mike" <LorenaMike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The IE that I have must be corrupted. Only ther address line, forward/back
> > buttons and Search button is availiable. No toolbars, no File, nothiong
> > else
> > is accessible. I tried downloading IE 8, but the ActtiveX drop down
> > message
> > does not appear. How can I install IE?
> >
> > --
> > Thx
> >
> > Lorena

> Download and install the Microsoft Windows Genuine Advantage program.

Lorena & Mike

Re: How can I install IE
Don,

Thx for the thought. I tried both suggestions in the past with no luck.
Right-clicking onj the toolbar gets no responce. F11 does not allow me to see
my toolbars or much more then I see now.

Do you think I can just put a copy of IE back on my laptop with a cd? I
tried Internet Options and it to will not start.

thx again.

--
Thx

Lorena

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> You may be in Full Screen Mode. Hit the F11 key. Does that return a normal
> or maximized window? When you right-click the IE toolbar, if Menu Bar is
> unchecked, check it. If Command Bar is unchecked, check it.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "Lorena & Mike" <LorenaMike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The IE that I have must be corrupted. Only ther address line, forward/back
> > buttons and Search button is availiable. No toolbars, no File, nothiong

> else
> > is accessible. I tried downloading IE 8, but the ActtiveX drop down

> message
> > does not appear. How can I install IE?
> >
> > - -
> > Thx
> >
> > Lorena

Lorena & Mike

Re: How can I install IE
Wow! thx

Im not sure I can do this. My computer never came wirth a Windows XP disk
when I bought it from Dell. What can I do?

Can I not find an IE CD and reload IE? It seems (cant find a nice word) that
I must go and redo everything because of one program. This can waste a whole
weekend.

--
Thx

Lorena

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please stick with your original thread, Lorena:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...7aaa36?hl=en&q
>

> Lorena & Mike wrote:
> > The IE that I have must be corrupted. Only ther address line, forward/back
> > buttons and Search button is availiable. No toolbars, no File, nothiong
> > else
> > is accessible. I tried downloading IE 8, but the ActtiveX drop down
> > message
> > does not appear. How can I install IE?

Re: How can I install IE
A1. If your Dell computer didn't come with CDs, there's a hidden Recovery
partition you can use to do the clean install of Windows.

A2. "Reloading" IE isn't going to fix your problems.